Pages:
Author

Topic: Locating a 16X PCIe Riser - page 2. (Read 2404 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
December 03, 2013, 03:50:06 AM
Do not mean to hijack the thread, but I too am in the same boat. My 7950s has arrived but I did not anticipate a non availability for riser cables in Chennai. Can anybody help a brother out?
I need 16x PCIe Riser cables, minimum 3 nos. I saw few listings on amazon but they had terrible review. I am looking for quality built cables.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000
Landscaping Bitcoin for India!
December 03, 2013, 01:28:00 AM
I finally decided to invest in a gpu mining rig. The steep price rise of November meant that I can mine litecoins and still get a decent roi in the coming months. Better late than never right. I picked up 2 Asus R9 280X GPUs and built my first rig. The problem is that running them causes overheating because of their close proximity to each other on the motherboard.

My next step was to pick up a PCIe 16x raiser so that I can give them a little bit of distance. Only I can't seem to find them here locally in Bangalore.

1. Does anyone know any place in Bangalore I can pick them up for.
2. Can anyone help me buy one from a vendor outside of Bangalore and ship it to me.

Its an urgent requirement. Its available to buy from HK or China for very cheap but deliveries typically take 2-3 weeks and that's a lot of time wasted. I have currently disconnected one of the gpus and I am running the other one solo.

Thanks

You should check with Dishwara, he is not too far from Bangalore.

I will send him a PM, thanks Benson

Also check with computerwarehousepricelist.com on MG Road, they tend to get anything you need.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 03, 2013, 01:25:53 AM
I finally decided to invest in a gpu mining rig. The steep price rise of November meant that I can mine litecoins and still get a decent roi in the coming months. Better late than never right. I picked up 2 Asus R9 280X GPUs and built my first rig. The problem is that running them causes overheating because of their close proximity to each other on the motherboard.

My next step was to pick up a PCIe 16x raiser so that I can give them a little bit of distance. Only I can't seem to find them here locally in Bangalore.

2. Can anyone help me buy one from a vendor outside of Bangalore and ship it to me.

Its an urgent requirement. Its available to buy from HK or China for very cheap but deliveries typically take 2-3 weeks and that's a lot of time wasted. I have currently disconnected one of the gpus and I am running the other one solo.

Thanks

I will send him a PM, thanks Benson
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000
Landscaping Bitcoin for India!
December 03, 2013, 01:01:03 AM

Thanks

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 03, 2013, 12:58:59 AM

Thanks

Pages:
Jump to: