Pages:
Author

Topic: Logical and mathematical truth of bitcoin - page 2. (Read 402 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
snip
* Please quote the posts correctly.I know dissecting every part of it is a strain but helps keep the conversation going very smoothly.
- You almost agreed with all the points that I had, I don't see why you'd be against the entire system then? It is just really a virtual reflection of the stock market with more fluctuation.

- If you're against mining, say it. I like how the system rewards people for running their machines by keeping the payments decentralised. How else would you incentivize the process?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Is unfortunate you don't understand the principles in which bitcoin operate so you are concluding it to ponzi scheme. Bitcoin uses electricity to generate it as banks need a service to generate transactions.
Most of the people have the same situation, they do not understand bitcoin and even do not want to, but still they are making good money from bitcoin investment, they are only lucky because they have a good amount of money from which they can make good profit, i think that investment can be more fruitful if you know and have good knowledge about bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 0
The logic is that I earn money in an honest way. It is possible that there is little or no disagreement, but without a deep analysis I have a certain amount of money earned by bitcoin.
Activity: 332
Merit: 1
Is unfortunate you don't understand the principles in which bitcoin operate so you are concluding it to ponzi scheme. Bitcoin uses electricity to generate it as banks need a service to generate transactions.

Ok, tell me, which one of these is false:

1) number of bitcoins released in return to mining decreases exponentially (divided by 2 each halving).
2) mining is needed for crytocurrency to work.

if both are true, its a scheme.
Activity: 150
Merit: 2
You clearly missing the point here. I'm not attacking, it's your right and all, but:

Bitcoin wasn't created as investment. It's main plan was to act like currency, but people started investing when some guy posted he lost millions just because he sold and didn't hold. Taken this opportunity, smart people started to invest it, while over started to learn about it and by time they did, there was huge FOMO (fear of missing opportunity) So some idiots started to sell houses and whatnot, and lost it all, possibly, that's their problem. We are, people, designed like that, if we see we can earn money easy way, we do it. So no Bitcoin isn't scam, we created current situation and it will never change. I use Bitcoins when they cost around 200$ and never dreamed it will go to 20,000$.

No it wasnt. I was created like pyramid, just more intelligent, than medium one.

1st year released coins:             $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
5th year:                                          $$$$$$$$
10th year                                               $$$

then...                                nothing to mine, wont mine for free:(

the sooner You accept the reality, the better it is.
Activity: 48
You clearly missing the point here. I'm not attacking, it's your right and all, but:

Bitcoin wasn't created as investment. It's main plan was to act like currency, but people started investing when some guy posted he lost millions just because he sold and didn't hold. Taken this opportunity, smart people started to invest it, while over started to learn about it and by time they did, there was huge FOMO (fear of missing opportunity) So some idiots started to sell houses and whatnot, and lost it all, possibly, that's their problem. We are, people, designed like that, if we see we can earn money easy way, we do it. So no Bitcoin isn't scam, we created current situation and it will never change. I use Bitcoins when they cost around 200$ and never dreamed it will go to 20,000$.
Well you sound pretty convinced with all you are saying about BTC, and again anyone willing to take your advice is free to do so, But everyone venturing into cryptocurrency knows the risks and that includes its high volatile nature. nOT sure how you got here but it must have been out of your own will, so did the others,personal decison making is what matter, if you don't believe in the value of BTC the sit back and watch, you might just get disap
pointed, if not i suggest you keep the negativity to yourself.

I got here, because I searched for discussion about BTC. This is the biggest community. Until You let me give opposite opinion about the whole thing, I will do. Or if it happens, that I will change my opinion, Im man enough to admit it.

Its not negativity, its just alternative approach to BTC madness and next running year will prove, how needed it was.

Activity: 155
 Well you sound pretty convinced with all you are saying about BTC, and again anyone willing to take your advice is free to do so, But everyone venturing into cryptocurrency knows the risks and that includes its high volatile nature. nOT sure how you got here but it must have been out of your own will, so did the others,personal decison making is what matter, if you don't believe in the value of BTC the sit back and watch, you might just get disap
pointed, if not i suggest you keep the negativity to yourself.
Activity: 224
Merit: 9
Those who want to believe in BTC at all cost, should avoid this topic.
To help some people, who started to think about the core concept of bitcoin, my judgement is:

1) The blockchain part or "mining" in case of BTC is a special kind of scam. For getting a coin You must invest into electricity and computing power. In return You get VERY little chance to be awarded with a coin. This chance is so small, it is mathematically ridiculous, but in practise. ZERO! Nada, ничтo, nichts... What kind of decent money is that, that everyone can apply by spending real money but only few of many millions are actually given by basis of pure luck?

2) The coin part of BTC is a monetary fraud. Although people make transactions voluntarely, they are cheated with the very core concept of BTC. While blockchaining may have some usage as a concept as well as cryptocurrency, it does still not mean that BTC is legit.

Before You attack my opion, try to give logical answer to these questions:

a) why is BTC quantity limited with 21 millions? What limits it? 
b) what is the point of decentralised money, if its so volatile, that rate would drop 75% in 6 months (or grows by the same)? this is called a hyperinflation.
c) why is blockchain technology better in 99,99% of transactions, than regular private/public key technology?
d) do You really understand, what is private/public key crypto and blockchain in its core, or they just sound cool?
e) if BTC had at more or less decent chance to boom again, why dont all the richest investors in world buy it?

Maybe it wasnt planned so, but BTC is the most genious scam in the history.

Previous doesnt mean, You absolutely can not make any money in it. The same goes for ponzis and pyramids. If You go in or out right time, You will earn and at some cases earn well!

a) why is BTC quantity limited with 21 millions? What limits it?  it could be 25 millions, 30, does not matter.. the important thing is that is limited ( btw there is a reason, and someone will tell you for sure )
b) what is the point of decentralised money, if its so volatile, that rate would drop 75% in 6 months (or grows by the same)? this is called a hyperinflation. Just because we don't still have much volume, that's why it is so volatile.
c) why is blockchain technology better in 99,99% of transactions, than regular private/public key technology?  maybe because it is all clear what happens?
d) do You really understand, what is private/public key crypto and blockchain in its core, or they just sound cool? we understand better than you probably Tongue
e) if BTC had at more or less decent chance to boom again, why dont all the richest investors in world buy it?  they are doing it, and obviously the richest will not tell you if they buy.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-how-much-it-costs-to-mine-a-single-bitcoin-in-your-country-2018-03-06

This was situation a month ago. Telling You once more: finito by same time next year. By "finito" I mean at least 90% price drop from now.

1) The blockchain part or "mining" in case of BTC is a special kind of scam. For getting a coin You must invest into electricity and computing power. In return You get VERY little chance to be awarded with a coin. This chance is so small, it is mathematically ridiculous, but in practise. ZERO! Nada, ничтo, nichts... What kind of decent money is that, that everyone can apply by spending real money but only few of many millions are actually given by basis of pure luck?
It's not pure luck. It is how the system is designed. Why can't you suggest a better way of handling it? If you think you can solve the problems of bitcoin, you're free to create your own shit? What's stopping you?

No, I cant, because blockchaining is not mathematically viable solution for cryptocurrency transactions.

2) The coin part of BTC is a monetary fraud. Although people make transactions voluntarely, they are cheated with the very core concept of BTC. While blockchaining may have some usage as a concept as well as cryptocurrency, it does still not mean that BTC is legit.
You seem like some from r/btc now. Those are the typical idiots who think that way without any logical explanations.

My English is poor, logic is very much there. Miners do mining, because they think BTC is has real future and they think it, because they are unable to understand the mathematics behind mining.

b) what is the point of decentralised money, if its so volatile, that rate would drop 75% in 6 months (or grows by the same)? this is called a hyperinflation.
c) why is blockchain technology better in 99,99% of transactions, than regular private/public key technology?
d) do You really understand, what is private/public key crypto and blockchain in its core, or they just sound cool?
e) if BTC had at more or less decent chance to boom again, why dont all the richest investors in world buy it?
a) Call that a lucky number? If it wasn't limited, would it have any value? Do company shares are unlimited in supply ?
You didint get my point, I asked what limits it, because the answer is absurd. Nakamoto told, there is 21 million coins and they are released in exponentially decreasign amounts.
b) Hyperinflation never occur in the stock market?
It does.
c) Irrelevant
Agreed, not relevat in context of mathematics.
d) Most of us do? As long as you know how the system works, you don't have to understand every core file of it.Abstraction!
Most of You fail to understand the VERY core concept of mining. Which is a scheme.
e) They might be? How would you know?
https://www.bloomberg.com/features/bitcoin-bulls-bears/  You are welcome to read average judgement to BTC. Dont be mad at me, Im just a messenger. It will be over soon. I would bet 0n 1 or 2 qt 2019.
Activity: 560
Merit: 256
As they say, how many people, so many opinions. People have long divided into 2 camps - some believe in bitcoin, others do not believe. Who will win - only time will show. I remain an outside observer ...))

Your observation means you do not choose bitcoin. So, you are also one of the two factions. Do not deny it, you are just saying absurd things.
Activity: 867
Merit: 522
I think "HYIP cartel" are using Bitcoin for their 200% to 400% profit per month HYIP programs/ponzis since Bitcoin is anonymous and unregulated.

HYIP programs pay high profits for 2 to 3 years and then they shut down.
In fact, they do not pay for long periods of time as you say. HYIP only works for a short period of time, they pay off the profits for the first one, then take it all and disappear.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
Those who want to believe in BTC at all cost, should avoid this topic.
You must have balls of an idiot to come to the Bitcoin Forum to post this? Anyway, the topic title is interesting so I choose to continue ahead with a narrow mind.

It's not pure luck. It is how the system is designed. Why can't you suggest a better way of handling it? If you think you can solve the problems of bitcoin, you're free to create your own shit? What's stopping you?

You seem like some from r/btc now. Those are the typical idiots who think that way without any logical explanations.

a) Call that a lucky number? If it wasn't limited, would it have any value? Do company shares are unlimited in supply ?
b) Hyperinflation never occur in the stock market?
c) Irrelevant
d) Most of us do? As long as you know how the system works, you don't have to understand every core file of it.Abstraction!
e) They might be? How would you know?
Answer to question 1:
Mining precious metals work exactly the same way. If Gold was easy to find, everybody would be into Gold Mining... this is why Gold is valuable.
 Gold despite being scare can be mined by anybody but you have to put in a lot of work to be successful. If you go into mining, your finds should be in proportion to the energy/effort you put into mining. Same thing is applicable to Bitcoin mining.
The creator of Bitcoin clearly understood this fact. He didn't need to copy governments fraudulent way of printing monies that aren't commensurate with their real values.
Unfortunately not a lot of people are into Bitcoin mining. I expect it to be more decentralized than Gold Mining. Small scale miners should exist in Bitcoin like they are in Gold.

Question 2:  Why is Bitcoin limited to 21million? 
To make it scarce and as limited as Gold. Gold and other precious metals are limited too.

Mining gold works exactly same way? Nakamoto writes everyone, how much gold there is to mine and how much gold of that limited pool will be found each period of time? Oh please!
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
I was expecting hard math and logic supported by corroborating data analysis

I got noob nonsense that meant nothing.

/thread

these kind of threads need to be on junior discussion boards not the main boards.

Where's the point in that, if You don't understand even simple sentences.

If 17 million coins are released until now and 4 million will be released during 24 years, its a pyramid. Not my fault, You are unable to understand it.

LOL

That is your logical proof with supporting math for the fact bitcoin will fail?

Let me apply some statistical analysis........ = dohh = duh

The only sentences I don't understand are yours it woulds seem.
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
Majority didnt set cap of BTC ever released, founders of this scheme did.

The majority maintains the cap. If the majority wants to change it they can, but it is unlikely that they ever will because there is no benefit.

Yes, it wont be soon. End of BTC is very close. You will see it very soon. Btw, You argue with Your own first point. You promised, minority will be exiled, now You tell, third party can not touch my coin. So can You or not? Do You even understand how impossible it is, what You speak?

You might be right. Bitcoin could crash at any time. I give it a 30% chance of total failure.

Anyway, the minority chain might be exiled, but they still have their coins (on both chains).

You know nothing about basics of cryptography and computing, right?

I actually know quite a bit. It has been my profession for 30 years.

Indeed. To "invest" into something, thats highly volatile and You have no clue about, what is it... Ingenious.

You seem to believe that anything that is a poor investment is a scam. I don't agree.

Nope, they would not mind to earn 1000% ROI, their well-being would be very high:) They just understand it is very likely a scam.

They are misinformed. Being wealthy doesn't automatically make you well-informed about everything.

Thats an easy answer. As in every scam - early enthusiasts. Bitcoin was first released 10 years ago, right? Despite that 81% of BTC is already released during 10 years! Now the fun part! 19% remaining will be released during next 20 years! Purest scam ever!!

You equate Bitcoin with a pyramid scheme and I have to agree that it has some of the same characteristics, but all investments are like that. Name a successful company in which the earliest investors haven't done better than later investors. Do you believe that Microsoft or Google or Amazon or Netflix or Apple are scams simply because the early investors ignored the doubters and made a ton of money?

A bit bad language usage here. Its not zero mathematically, its collective ROI is zero! That means, the moment You start mining, You can not assume mathematically, that ROI of mining itself will be positive.

The ROI is not 0. It may be close to 0, but it is not 0. You can assume that it is greater than 0 because if it were not, then nobody would mine.

Fraud is there: people are promised UFO technology, a revolution in money transfers. It will not work, because its impossible!! I provided no information??? I have told You all facts and calculations, all You do, is trying to convince me, Im wrong. Math is not wrong. Can You read graphs? Look any at those, that even You dont deny! For example release frequency of coins! What are the miners going to be paid with until 2040 if 81% of coins are at early scammers already? THINK!

You have provided no facts, just exaggerated claims and opinions.
I was expecting hard math and logic supported by corroborating data analysis

I got noob nonsense that meant nothing.

/thread

these kind of threads need to be on junior discussion boards not the main boards.

Where's the point in that, if You don't understand even simple sentences.

If 17 million coins are released until now and 4 million will be released during 24 years, its a pyramid. Not my fault, You are unable to understand it.
Pages:
Jump to: