Author

Topic: lolMiner 1.64: Fastest Kaspa miner in market - page 140. (Read 155175 times)

Activity: 652
Merit: 266
Hi all! Please private message me, how can I set the temperature control at mining?! My card gone up to 98 degree on hot days.. Its killing my card!
Please gelp and PM me! Thx!

As stated above in this thread: you can not through the miner since I won't take the responsability for such a function. If your card gets so hot either part of cooling or fan setting is broken or you run far too much oc. Pls set fans and clocks with driver or afterburner.

A simple API would be nice...since its propietary miner...

Well a simple stat reading API is there. What functionality else would you like to see?
Me...dummy Smiley
Activity: 433
Merit: 48
Hi all! Please private message me, how can I set the temperature control at mining?! My card gone up to 98 degree on hot days.. Its killing my card!

As stated above in this thread: you can not through the miner since I won't take the responsability for such a function. If your card gets so hot either part of cooling or fan setting is broken or you run far too much oc. Pls set fans and clocks with driver or afterburner.

Well a simple stat reading API is there. What functionality else would you like to see?
Activity: 652
Merit: 266
Activity: 173
Merit: 0
Activity: 535
Merit: 251
Republia - New Blockchain Technology
rx480 13000s on MEDIUM , on high on the settings there is not enough memory, since there are only 2gb memory in the system. On the upcoming version, 2gb memory was enough for mining.

I've yet to see a miner that uses OpenCL with NVidia cards. Everyone uses CUDA with them greens. ))
I just wanted to try it out just to find out if it's worth using this miner with 1060s for eqhash144.

Why is it not running on GTX 980 4gb, still?

My miner does, its all OpenCL here ^^
Well your card has 4G, so the driver reports max usable memory in total is 4G, but max that may be in one region is 1G (1/4 th of it) ... but 144.5 needs one region with 1.2G currently.
For the next release I plan to introduce a switch bypassing the check (on own risk) but then your 3G and 4G cards will work Smiley
Activity: 73
Well we have to distinguish here between memory available and the memory that the driver allows us to use in a single buffer. For some reason the Nvidia OpenCL driver limits OpenCL that a single memory region may be at most 1/4th of the total memory in size. That said: the 144.5 miner code uses 2.8G, but requires that two buffers of 1.1G are created (and a 3rd with the missing 600 mb) ... so what happens here:
The check for enough total memory passes, but unfortunately the one for maximal single allocation fails.

Interestingly I just found out that CUDA has no such limitation and also sometimes it seems possible to allocate more then "CL_DEVICE_MAX_MEM_ALLOC_SIZE" tells on Nvidia (but not on AMD ... there it is a hard limit, but its often much higher then on Nvidia) ... so maybe I can do an option to ignore memory check on own risk ... hmm

I've yet to see a miner that uses OpenCL with NVidia cards. Everyone uses CUDA with them greens. ))
I just wanted to try it out just to find out if it's worth using this miner with 1060s for eqhash144.

Why is it not running on GTX 980 4gb, still?
Activity: 137
your miner won't allow me to edit the config file. I had it running once and now it will not restart. If I DL a new copy it runs fine but it won't allow me to edit the config file. when I try to cut your sample config and try to paste mine in it's place it always pastes in your sample again. any answers?

Wtf... thats strange. The miner never writes ti the file. You unziped and then opend in text edit? When you save tten it should be saved and modified, everything else would surprise me!

Thank you for responding but I did not understand your response so I will explain again.
I deleted all old copies and downloaded lolminer once again. saved it then opened it then opened config to set stratum, port, addy and password to mine 144.5 BTCZ and it will not allow me to edit it. it just keeps repasting your sample config which runs fine. it will not allow me to edit to my addy.
I had it running fine with my config last week for a few days until I shut it down.

sorry to bother you. I have resolved the issue with the help of a 12 year old.

thanks
Awesome news!
I hope its gonna be faster than old optiminer

Depends a bit ... it closes the gap between 4G and 8G cards. Atm my code uses 3.6G and does on average 12.7 sol/s on a RX 580 4G (headless) - the 8G model will only be barely faster, maybe 13 sol/s. I think this is not so bad compared to optiminer ^^

For me only equihash96 is working on NVidia cards under Linux.

For equihash144 I get this msg:

lolMiner is configured to mine Bitcoin Gold(BTG), Equihash 144.5
Setup Miner...
Using device with id 0 (GeForce GTX 1060 3GB)
Using device with id 1 (GeForce GTX 1060 3GB)
Using device with id 2 (GeForce GTX 1060 3GB)
Using device with id 3 (GeForce GTX 1060 3GB)
Using device with id 4 (GeForce GTX 1060 3GB)
Using device with id 5 (GeForce GTX 1060 3GB)
Warning: Your device with id 0 is currently not supported by lolMiner or by the specific algorithm you selected.
Warning: Your device with id 1 is currently not supported by lolMiner or by the specific algorithm you selected.
Warning: Your device with id 2 is currently not supported by lolMiner or by the specific algorithm you selected.
Warning: Your device with id 3 is currently not supported by lolMiner or by the specific algorithm you selected.
Warning: Your device with id 4 is currently not supported by lolMiner or by the specific algorithm you selected.
Warning: Your device with id 5 is currently not supported by lolMiner or by the specific algorithm you selected.

as far as i know, you cant use 3gb cards on that specific algo on this specific miner Wink  (4gb+)
so its working as intended technically

Well we have to distinguish here between memory available and the memory that the driver allows us to use in a single buffer. For some reason the Nvidia OpenCL driver limits OpenCL that a single memory region may be at most 1/4th of the total memory in size. That said: the 144.5 miner code uses 2.8G, but requires that two buffers of 1.1G are created (and a 3rd with the missing 600 mb) ... so what happens here:
The check for enough total memory passes, but unfortunately the one for maximal single allocation fails.

Interestingly I just found out that CUDA has no such limitation and also sometimes it seems possible to allocate more then "CL_DEVICE_MAX_MEM_ALLOC_SIZE" tells on Nvidia (but not on AMD ... there it is a hard limit, but its often much higher then on Nvidia) ... so maybe I can do an option to ignore memory check on own risk ... hmm

Setup Miner...
Warning: Your device with id 0 is currently not supported by lolMiner or by the specific algorithm you selected.
Warning: Your device with id 1 is currently not supported by lolMiner or by the specific algorithm you selected.
Warning: Your device with id 2 is currently not supported by lolMiner or by the specific algorithm you selected.
Warning: Your device with id 3 is currently not supported by lolMiner or by the specific algorithm you selected.
Warning: Your device with id 4 is currently not supported by lolMiner or by the specific algorithm you selected.
Warning: Your device with id 5 is currently not supported by lolMiner or by the specific algorithm you selected.

as far as i know, you cant use 3gb cards on that specific algo on this specific miner Wink  (4gb+)

It's not working on GTX980 4GB cards either. Same error msg.

Also note, equihash 144 is using less than 2GB RAM. It's the 192 that uses 2+ GBs.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
3GB radeons (7950+) do work with 144.5
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

Setup Miner...

Setup Miner...
Activity: 139
Merit: 10

how about 192/7 zero support?

Comming within next 4 days Cheesy Code just entered testing Smiley

Awesome news!
I hope its gonna be faster than old optiminer
Activity: 81
yeah , 13000 sols with rx 580 , at mining pool shws  13 mega/sols,
and with 144.5 shows 22 mega/sols..
your miner won't allow me to edit the config file. I had it running once and now it will not restart. If I DL a new copy it runs fine but it won't allow me to edit the config file. when I try to cut your sample config and try to paste mine in it's place it always pastes in your sample again. any answers?

Wtf... thats strange. The miner never writes ti the file. You unziped and then opend in text edit? When you save tten it should be saved and modified, everything else would surprise me!

Comming within next 4 days Cheesy Code just entered testing Smiley
i wish that minexcoin 96.5 works with  btg hashrates

pls make the 96.5 to work the same as the 144 for rx's

I think you mean scaled by 1000 ^^ RX 580 does 20 to 22 sol/s on 144/5 but 11000 to 12000 on 96/5 ^^
Expected is 96/5 to be approx 400 to 500x faster then 144/5 from theory. That fits pretty well Wink
Activity: 139
Merit: 10
Activity: 137
Activity: 81
 i wish that minexcoin 96.5 works with  btg hashrates

pls make the 96.5 to work the same as the 144 for rx's

legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Zhash rewards are borked (calculates 140$/day with 18h/s for BTG)

PS: fun fact:
on MNX benchmark, Radeon 265 and 270 are faster than 7950 - ~ 8000h/s on stock clocks. Tried it just for fun
Jump to: