Pages:
Author

Topic: Lombard loans against Bitcoins - page 2. (Read 1035 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 544
March 16, 2017, 09:26:45 AM
Hi everyone

We are working on a solution aiming at offering lombard loans in fiat currency against bitcoins brought to an exchange as collateral.

Considered LTV: 40-50% of bitcoin value (USD 10'000$ worth of bitcoins would allow a loan of 4-5000$)

Considered Interest rate: 4-5% per annum

Exchange: Established Western exchange enabling to access and trade your collateralized bitcoins anytime. BTC Withdrawals won't be allowed during the course of the loan.

Loan: Proceeds can be used for crypto trades on the exchange or sent to any bank of your choice.

Based on these conditions, what percentage of your bitcoins could you potentially bring as collateral for a loan  ?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Cheers!

The interest rate is good and not bad. That is actually a good deal and a win for the clients who would like to avail of your loan. But I just want to say that if you are really giving away loans and offering it to the public you must create some security protocol so as the one who made a loan will surely pay. There are many people on the net will apply for loan and they will submit necessary documents but after making the loan they will not pay and it is hard to locate them and make them face legal court since they are widespread all over the world.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
March 16, 2017, 09:21:22 AM
At most I can part with 50% of my bitcoin stash. But this can change if I needed more money. Can you explain further this one?

Loan: Proceeds can be used for crypto trades on the exchange or sent to any bank of your choice.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
March 16, 2017, 08:54:52 AM
I voted for "Over 50%" ,but i don`t understand one thing.
You say,"enabling to access and trade your collateralized coins..."
What if i trade and loose my collateralized coins and run away, without paying the lombard loan? Grin
If the bitcoins are used as collateral,it`s better to keep them in a wallet and don`t use them for trading.

You won't be able to withdraw BTC or proceeds coming from the sale of BTC. These are meant to cover your loan.

Also, the exchange would only authorize BTC trades if your trading margin allows it.

So there is no risk that you run away ! Smiley

Thanks for the vote!
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
March 16, 2017, 08:39:40 AM
I voted for "Over 50%" ,but i don`t understand one thing.
You say,"enabling to access and trade your collateralized coins..."
What if i trade and loose my collateralized coins and run away, without paying the lombard loan? Grin
If the bitcoins are used as collateral,it`s better to keep them in a wallet and don`t use them for trading.
March 16, 2017, 07:08:58 AM
That would depend on how much money I think I need and how desperate I am for funding. But if you want me to give you a general answer then I wouldnt want to part with more than 30% of my BTC.

Thanks, please vote
Activity: 868
Merit: 259
March 16, 2017, 06:57:18 AM
That would depend on how much money I think I need and how desperate I am for funding. But if you want me to give you a general answer then I wouldnt want to part with more than 30% of my BTC.
March 16, 2017, 06:13:53 AM
Hi everyone

We are working on a solution aiming at offering lombard loans in fiat currency against bitcoins brought to an exchange as collateral.

Considered LTV: 40-50% of bitcoin value (USD 10'000$ worth of bitcoins would allow a loan of 4-5000$)

Considered Interest rate: 4-5% per annum

Exchange: Established Western exchange enabling to access and trade your collateralized bitcoins anytime. BTC Withdrawals won't be allowed during the course of the loan.

Based on these conditions, what percentage of your bitcoins could you potentially bring as collateral for a loan  ?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Cheers!
Pages:
Jump to: