Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term HODL'ers... What price would you sell - page 2. (Read 213 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10
I have a big amount of a coin that is few cents.
Will hodl till it gets big!

Still nothing to show, but till $1.
Activity: 427
Merit: 100
Just like Bitcoin itself and everyone in thisarket have no idea what the actual value of coin is, I can't predict or target the price at which I should sell. Most likely I am going to keep my Bitcoins and wait for it to become a standard mode of payment worldwide and then use it to pay or do things. As such, I don't have a peak price in mind, and won't sell them until an emergency arrives.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org
If you are talking about ICOs specifically then I will wait for 3x - 5x depending on the project and hype. After that I'll take out twice the amount that I've invested and remaining I will hold till the project roadmap is successfully achieved. By this way you won't lose much and you can avoid panicking when price drops.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
Just out of interest...

I am a long term HODL got in in Oct to BTC/LTC (orignally 2bitcoins in 2015 but sold due to expensive kids haha). I always said i'd hold long term, but tbh i dont really have a point in my mind where i'd sell.

I'd suppose, i'd stay in to the point where i'd be able to pay my mortgage off, which would mean LTC would need to be £6000 a coin and BTC increase accordingly.

What price do you have in mind which would be a sell point?
Nice question I must say. Most of the people think that HODL is like you just sleep off with all your coins in a private key and wake up after months or years to sell it but its not really like this. Most of the people really do monitor the coin regularly. Moreover what is the point where you think that the HODL has been successful.

So my theory. I usually always have a theory behind my HODLing. It might be the underlying project or some important announcement after some time or the prospects of the project. So the point where I sell is the point when these prospects are achieved. I dont think much about it in terms of price targets.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
Hmm. I have never really considered the price I will be selling all my holdings though, at least for now. Probably, because I trade, and what I get from trading crypto is good enough to keep holding more coins with prospect and still having a lot to spend on other necessities. So, I will say a very long term it is for me.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
Just out of interest...

I am a long term HODL got in in Oct to BTC/LTC (orignally 2bitcoins in 2015 but sold due to expensive kids haha).
That is really fascinating that you hold up to this point in time where cryptocurrency are exponentially increasing disregarding the price correction because most of the coins have their tremendous pump in just 2 months, 2 bitcoins nowadays is really an expensive asset given that 2015 price ranges from 300 to 500 USD but now the maximum amount that it reaches is 20k dollars but I can't blame for you for selling 2 bitcoin as you can have more coins in your inventory because your one of the early holders that got this point and we know that time it is one time big time increase well the fact that it can have a greater feats for the future years, for me the selling point must drop by the range of 70k to 100k price per bitcoin.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 994
Cats on Mars
I've been holding for quite some time now, and 100k or more does sound like it could be the ideal 'sell point', but I don't think I would sell all my BTC. I might sell around 40% of my btc if we ever reach that number, just so I can have some fiat for day to day stuff, and then keep the remaining 60% in my wallet, just to spend it over time as I'm pretty sure that by the time bitcoin reaches that round figure, we'll be able to use it to buy pretty much anything.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
Just out of interest...

I am a long term HODL got in in Oct to BTC/LTC (orignally 2bitcoins in 2015 but sold due to expensive kids haha). I always said i'd hold long term, but tbh i dont really have a point in my mind where i'd sell.

I'd suppose, i'd stay in to the point where i'd be able to pay my mortgage off, which would mean LTC would need to be £6000 a coin and BTC increase accordingly.

I have not yet decided the price exactly when to cash out.But I would sell a small percentage of it to enjoy the current price rise and I hope that Bitcoin deserves much higher price than its previous ATH and hence would continue to hold for some more time until I would get a must situation for my family's progress in future.
Activity: 910
Merit: 505
No matter which crypto it is ,it will grow in price ,some might show instant spike and some might take time to spike.btc price will continue to grow as it is most known currency.eth ,neo,waves,stratis,qtum,eos,ark,etc are giving new meaning to cryptocurrency as cryptocurrency is not just payment method but also can be used in various ways.holding above mentioned crypto for 2-3 years will give a great profit that can satisfy a person need if the person is not greedy. Grin
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
I might cash out some profits for fiat in the very long run (at least at +$100,000 levels), which would be to buy myself a house if that involved party doesn't accept Bitcoin, but the far majority of my coins won't ever get sold. I seriously can't part with my coins knowing how powerful Bitcoin is as tool. It gives me that peace of mind knowing that I will always have wealth sitting in Bitcoin that no one but myself can access. I still have some early 2013 coins that till this day haven't moved. Not even to claim the BCash and other trash forks and airdrops.
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
Just out of interest...

Pages:
Jump to: