Pages:
Author

Topic: Long Term Problems with Cryptocurrency - page 2. (Read 1705 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 08, 2013, 04:21:22 PM
the latest electrum client is full of bugs.

i recently deleted my bitcoin-qt client, as it took about 13 gigs of space.. it was too much of a hassle for me.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
November 08, 2013, 03:39:43 PM
The blockchain is already a problem somehow. Every User has to save 8GB of Data .. and also needs to transfer every transaction over his line onto his computer. That will be a huge block of traffic. Maybe in the future everything will work over online wallets for that reason. This would also solve the 10min - 8 hrs wating time for transact aknowledge

I already use Electrum client, no need to download blockchain and I doubt it is not secure
MR2
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
November 08, 2013, 03:28:56 PM
I also see the problem of BTC with the SHA Hashing .. which is real, look how it goes atm. ASICS. So much asics. As soon as the bigger farms stop being profitable, only some big farms will stay alive when reinvested the mined coins into hardware. In my eyes this is a problem, because it could lead to transact fees outa control. Like it is with banks now.

PPC is a good alternative to that .. not sure if it will work out.

The Satoshi-Currency may be a good approach I think. But Population is grwoing, so because of the nature availibility, the value of a Cryptocoin (fixed amount currency) cannot stay stable. So even the Satoshi may be too less sooner or later. Anyone can remember Italian Lire .. 20$USD = 1.000.000 Lire? (something like that) - that was for real and it happend.

The blockchain is already a problem somehow. Every User has to save 8GB of Data .. and also needs to transfer every transaction over his line onto his computer. That will be a huge block of traffic. Maybe in the future everything will work over online wallets for that reason. This would also solve the 10min - 8 hrs wating time for transact aknowledge

Don't want to make cryptos bad - just thinking about some problems :-)
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
November 08, 2013, 03:05:51 PM
These are real concerns, but there are also ways to deal with them.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 08, 2013, 03:04:00 PM
the ever growing size of the blockchain will make it a pain, but i don't think it's a serious threat.

coin value: bitcoins are fungible. there is talk about it all over. the next step is mBTC, and then 1 satoshi.
MR2
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
November 08, 2013, 02:49:21 PM
Currently I am restricted on this board, but I get into the matter of cryptocoins some time ago did a lot of reading. And while there is a lot of information (and a lot of BS) I think - because cryptocurrency is serious - the are some questions concerning long term. What do you think about those and what do you think will happen in the future about those things like:

* Ever Growing Block Chain (online wallets may be the solution to different other problems as well). I accept that this is something that'ss already subject to change, but I am unable to predict what this will mean for security.

* Coin Value. Example Bitcoin, currently 300§ per coin. Thinking it to the end, because of the limited amount of bitcoins available, 1 bitcoin will be A LOT of money. What will happen to microtransactions? 0.0000001 BTC for a bubble gum? There was 8 digits behind comma, didn't it? So we end up with 0.00000001 being one $ct - that would be ridicolous. Maybe we would not use bitcoins, but use Satoshi instead as Currency - which would be more natural.

Cryptocurrency for the future? I think so - but it will not replace Fiat Currency. Just no way. But it may get its place in our world, that is truely possible.

Let's do some discussion about it.

PS: This thread is not about short term earnings, this is going about future of cryptos - everyone is welcome!
Pages:
Jump to: