Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term trading strategy: Altcoins/BTC - page 2. (Read 239 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 10
December 30, 2017, 08:18:33 AM
I've noticed,that altcoins are in the inverse correlation with BTC, so they should increase in value,when BTC drops down. For the last half a year BTC has tripled and alts lose a lot in usd.
Activity: 173
Merit: 11
December 30, 2017, 07:23:31 AM
Hello,

I am here for 4 months already and have seen a lot already. What bothers me all the time is the relationship BTC versus Altcoins. I don't understand why the whole market is being driven by BTC value. When BTC drops 50% all other altcoins also losing their value in USD for 50%. If i am mistaken please correct me. I think all altcoins should keep their stable value in USD no matter if BTC goes up or down. This is very strange to me.

I just want to ask you guys what is your exit strategy from altcoins when BTC corrects in the future for example 50-75%.

I want to invest in some altcoins now for long term. If i make 100% gains on altcoins and BTC correct -50% i am actually on zero profits and i think it may happen in near future since BTC has more and more competition.

So far i noticed everything is losing their value when BTC is going down so in the scenario when BTC = 0 all other altcoins = 0. This is stupid.

So what is your exit strategy from altcoins if BTC for some reson goes to 0 and everything is paired with BTC?

I now there is pairs with USDT also on Bittrex. Is this another option to exit from altcoins if BTC goes really down?

I never used USDT before  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: