Pages:
Author

Topic: Look what a little birdie brought me ;) - page 3. (Read 6377 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
We should definitely have a conversation. I'd like to know what I can do to help.
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
sorry was away for the weekend...and yes I am under NDA so I can't say much other than what is publicly available. Chips are indeed BW's latest 1402 14nm. About 50 GH a chip @ .1 w/gh.

So don't tell us anything that is covered by the NDA, just tell us what your plans are for the chips?

Rich

My plans involve discussing the deal with BW so thats the issue there. And the "deal" is a bit at odds with my plan for producing small affordable miners for you guys which is the problem currently.

I was going to stay away from stick miners since the high end of the stick miner range (for both compaq and my moonlander) was around 10W which cause a bit of headaches for USB powered devices/hubs...since most hubs can't provide that much clean power. The good thing about this chip is the high end is 5w, which would make it a prefect stick miner.

My "ideal" plan would be around a 4-5 chip "pod" miner ~200GH @ 20 watts (ridiculously small, think a 2x2x2 inch box) that could connect up to 10 of them on a single pcie power connector, and would have a separate controller box.

So essentially you would buy the pcie cable connector (or make one), the controller box, then add as many pods as you would like (up to 20 chained). So you would have miner "building blocks" and its up to the user how much they want to spend and how large to make the miner. Then lets say a new chips comes out, all you would have to do is swap out the board on the mini-pods for upgrades (same controller/powersetup and you would reuse the pod box/fan).
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
BitWain   Grin
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Nice! I'm interested too. How hard was it to get samples?

Thanks for giving us hope that there are *some* chips available for the small guys ;-p

-a[g
Activity: 748
Merit: 523
Thanks a lot jstefanop.

Your small miners are the only option for home miners.

Scrypt MLs are great. I pay electricity at 0.15 and I don't loose money with them.
Even I earn something...

And now an small bitcoin miner that can survive next halving. Incredible.   Shocked
I will buy a few of them for sure  Wink

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SMALL MINERS.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
sorry was away for the weekend...and yes I am under NDA so I can't say much other than what is publicly available. Chips are indeed BW's latest 1402 14nm. About 50 GH a chip @ .1 w/gh.

You have my attention...

100-200 watts Wink.

So a stick with 1 chip  would use 5 watts more or less.

and do 40 to 55 gh a stick nice.

I guess a stick is the easiest way eh, no need for cooling considerations.

I would really like a "new Rbox" with these chips.

I will 100% buy some sticks if they are made with this chip though. 
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'

You have my attention...

100-200 watts Wink.

So a stick with 1 chip  would use 5 watts more or less.

and do 40 to 55 gh a stick nice.
legendary
Activity: 1722

You have my attention...

100-200 watts Wink.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
And are you willing to /able to help Community miner project (sidehack, kilo17) ?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

So don't tell us anything that is covered by the NDA, just tell us what your plans are for the chips?

Rich
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Pulling the Bitfury trick on us I see,jstefanop  Roll Eyes

Well played   Cool

Just gotta ask for preorder monies now & you got the corp mindset down pat  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Specs on the miners you're building from those chips?

9-)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Oh, nice. 14nm chips from BW.

I found this announcement for the previous chip BW-LK1401
https://www.bw.com/news/show-65-proclamation
...BW-LK1402 chips are currently in production with a lower power consumption of 95 W/T. BW ASIC chips make use of the most advanced manufacturing technology and optimized design leading to increased hash power, lower power consumption and greater stability.

Maybe work together with sidehack and kilo17 (Community miner project) if they are interested!?

Thanks for posting that is a heck of  upgrade if they hit that mark on power consumption.  Will be interesting to watch if they made a bunch of these.

jstefanop are you able to let us know anything about price?  Or if it's hitting spec?  Or are you under NDA where you cant say much?

BW had previousy said

Yes are currently selling chips to individuals and third party integrators with a minimum order of 1 petahash

Have you made that level of commitment to get samples?

Rich
Activity: 924
Cool... Seems you have the right contacts.  Let the fun begin! 
legendary
Activity: 1456

...BW-LK1402 chips are currently in production with a lower power consumption of 95 W/T. BW ASIC chips make use of the most advanced manufacturing technology and optimized design leading to increased hash power, lower power consumption and greater stability.

Maybe work together with sidehack and kilo17 (Community miner project) if they are interested!?

Thanks for posting that is a heck of  upgrade if they hit that mark on power consumption.  Will be interesting to watch if they made a bunch of these.

jstefanop are you able to let us know anything about price?  Or if it's hitting spec?  Or are you under NDA where you cant say much?
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
They did announce about 8 weeks ago these would be available to the public in June.
legendary
Activity: 1819
Merit: 5547
Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

How come we haven't seen any commercial offerings with this, or the older chip yet ?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Small world,I was just on Ebay last night seeing how much Ashes of the Singularity codes were going for & a name popped out on the search list "jstefanop"   Cheesy Cool

Congrats!!! But those are the BTC/Alt coin chips Sidehack don't want nothing to do with aren't they??  Cheesy

I thought they had some BTC chips and other chip not one chip that does it all like grind seed aka S something .
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Small world,I was just on Ebay last night seeing how much Ashes of the Singularity codes were going for & a name popped out on the search list "jstefanop"   Cheesy Cool

Congrats!!! But those are the BTC/Alt coin chips Sidehack don't want nothing to do with aren't they??  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: