Pages:
Author

Topic: Looking for a job or assignment that pays in bitcoins. - page 3. (Read 3823 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I cannot see how anyone is going to be able to stop this.

One idea off the top of my head: Second hacking of Mt. Gox causes massive loss of confidence in Bitcoin, general sell-off. Last few holdouts cling to currency in belief it will recover, but essentially lose their investment. Becomes a curious footnote in history along with Virtual Boy.

Another: Take-up by retailers too slow, people get fed up holding on to their Bitcoins waiting for them to be more valuable, mass sell-off.

A third: Fundamental weakness found in entropic source used for RSA key generation in the default client, private keys turn out to be discoverable in useful time, entire system crumbles.

I can probably come up with more.

Yeah, but the thing is once you've opened the door to cryptocurrencies they won't die. It's open source so they will keep evolving now. You've seen yourself the enthusiasm bitcoins have sparked. That enthusiasm is an enormous motivator for open source coders to excel in developing the code. Mt. Gox is just a trading outpost, strictly speaking it's not even required - you can just meet up with someone and trade cash for bitcoins.

It's a self-developing system now and the natural next step in the evolution of the internet. This time it's real.
Activity: 199
Merit: 110
I cannot see how anyone is going to be able to stop this.

One idea off the top of my head: Second hacking of Mt. Gox causes massive loss of confidence in Bitcoin, general sell-off. Last few holdouts cling to currency in belief it will recover, but essentially lose their investment. Becomes a curious footnote in history along with Virtual Boy.

Another: Take-up by retailers too slow, people get fed up holding on to their Bitcoins waiting for them to be more valuable, mass sell-off.

A third: Fundamental weakness found in entropic source used for RSA key generation in the default client, private keys turn out to be discoverable in useful time, entire system crumbles.

I can probably come up with more.
Activity: 199
Merit: 110
fastest growing forum and phenomena in computing history

Noob.

Seriously, though, no it's not. It's a big, fast moving thing. There's been big, fast moving things. There will be big, fast moving things tomorrow. The world will not suddenly wake up one day and realise it's missing out on Bitcoin, this will be a long, hard fight to get Bitcoin into general acceptance. Right now, it's more or less seen as a lunatic fringe somewhere between gold bugs and L$ traders.
probably the fastest growing forum and phenomena in computing history.

More than facebook, myspace and a hundred other things? Arent there less than **,000 miners? No-one I know has ever heard about it, I would be grateful if you could you explain this further (preferrably including figures) as I would find it very interesting

Oh ok. Perhaps it's just a feeling I have. I cannot see how anyone is going to be able to stop this. You know, for me the future is so real that I sometimes mix it up with the present.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Thats pretty game.  Probably your best bet is starting your own company and accepting only BitCoins.  Dont know if any employers are going to be this forward thinking.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
probably the fastest growing forum and phenomena in computing history.

More than facebook, myspace and a hundred other things? Arent there less than **,000 miners? No-one I know has ever heard about it, I would be grateful if you could you explain this further (preferrably including figures) as I would find it very interesting
You're underestimating the power of cryptocurrencies. This is a freaking powder keg and probably the fastest growing forum and phenomena in computing history. It's going to have massive impact.
Activity: 43
haha that would be interesting to make money and getting paid via bitcoin.  Problem is how would you spend it.  I doubt your landlord would accept electronic currency.
Hi there,

I'm looking for a job or assignment that pays in bitcoins.

I've got excellent administrative skills, customer relations experience, project management, sales, even HR. I'm used to talking to CEO's of all levels. Oh and I'm fairly tech savvy too, albeit my focus is not coding per se.

Kind regards

Corner
Pages:
Jump to: