Pages:
Author

Topic: lool just when i was starting to love bitcoins - page 2. (Read 1543 times)

Activity: 270
Merit: 250
You didnt do a back up at all? I would of uploaded the balance on another usb stick or something, if its that much.

Esp 4 btc..
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
The Buck Stops Here.
Even easier would be the encrypted wallet on a usb stick. 
Activity: 490
Paper wallets created offline for the bulk of your holdings
Small amounts in online wallets backed by 2 FA
Activity: 508
Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit
Do you not have any backups? I tend to follow the IT adage "if you have one copy, you have nothing; if you have two copies, you have one". It makes things like this far easier to recover from.

I currently make nightly backups to a second internal drive, and copy a disk image from that backup to a drive sitting in a safety-deposit box in a bank every once in a while (though it's been a while, and I should do that more often). Online backups and cloud storage are good too, so long as you encrypt everything sensitive (such as a bitcoin wallet) before it leaves your computer.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
i bought 4 bitcoins last month and decided to be a spartan  Roll Eyes  i come home after my afternoon class on tuesday and see my iphone dock my bloody guitar and  my laptop are all gone, guess which one i'm crying over.....not the iphone dock thats for sure, i hope the asshole who has my laptop sells it at a pawnshop around here...........yeah dont keep your bitcoins on your computer, just use a offline storage or a brain wallet #fml
Pages:
Jump to: