Pages:
Author

Topic: Lost 17k on CEX.IO *solved, CEX.IO paid - page 2. (Read 253 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 10
Horrific, each day we are really getting new cases of unacceptable behaviour from these exchanges. If a token has an upgrade, It's both responsibility of the team as well as exchanges to make necessary updates on their platform for users. Isn't this what they charge fees for? Atleast the top 20 exchanges should do this. How can a user be expected to have knowledge of all the updates and everything? Moreover even if a mistake has been made I think they should try to issue a refund. It's not that difficult to issue a refund anyway? It's just their scammy trick to keep all the money with them.

Yeah i mean i think the main error comitted is by KNC, because they didnt implemented a solution? But still not sure about that, because on Coinbase you still will get your funds if they upgrade it to the new KNC protocol if you deposited from the new to the old protocol, just very strange why CEX.IO cant do that? As somebody mentioned before it shouldnt be something very complicated from a technical standpoint if i did understand that right.

Thus, we kindly ask you to refrain from unsupported tokens to your CEX.IO wallets.
Also clearly this is not my fault, why didnt they update the coins name to KNCL as recommended from KNC. They expect me to be up do date as a invidual trader and cant be up to date as exchange? There is no warning or something similiar on their page! How can i know that?

To be honest i think it is just a inexperienced First level 1 support guy. Then as company that cant be the solution just to say sorry and thats it, when its so obvious that it wasnt my error. Clearly there must be compensation. So lets see what CEX.IO says, i doubt they want to loose me as a customer because i make them this amount sometimes in just a few weeks and also i doubt they want to have their reputation damaged. In the end that will cost them more then 17k so thats why i dont think this is a trick or something similiar and hope that they will find a solution other then just a sorry.
Well this is kinda scary since I used them a lot to transfer money and didn't have any problems. For sure I will be more careful in future. Hope bro you figure it out with them.

Yeah scary. I mean i use them a lot and my biggest problems so far has been "only" some delayed withdrawals/deposits, what is sometimes bit annoying, but if that happens, i know still in the end i will get my funds.
But this time its just not ok.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 618
Horrific, each day we are really getting new cases of unacceptable behaviour from these exchanges. If a token has an upgrade, It's both responsibility of the team as well as exchanges to make necessary updates on their platform for users. Isn't this what they charge fees for? Atleast the top 20 exchanges should do this. How can a user be expected to have knowledge of all the updates and everything? Moreover even if a mistake has been made I think they should try to issue a refund. It's not that difficult to issue a refund anyway? It's just their scammy trick to keep all the money with them.
The response they gave is completely unacceptable. The token only moved smart contracts (not even blockchain - since both are ethereum contracts)

You're just going to have to keep "politely" messaging them to ask for the tokens to be credited to your account. Its a 1:1 split too so they can't have problems in returning them back to you or credited to your account. I'd suggest you ask them to forward your case to an engineer who can resolve it.

You can write to them here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/cex-148073

They pretty active on the forums, and I've seen them handling user's issues before which is not something not a lot of exchanges do, so hopefully you'll get your problem solved.

Thx guys, much appreciated.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
You can write to them here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/cex-148073

They pretty active on the forums, and I've seen them handling user's issues before which is not something not a lot of exchanges do, so hopefully you'll get your problem solved.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
The response they gave is completely unacceptable. The token only moved smart contracts (not even blockchain - since both are ethereum contracts)

You're just going to have to keep "politely" messaging them to ask for the tokens to be credited to your account. Its a 1:1 split too so they can't have problems in returning them back to you or credited to your account. I'd suggest you ask them to forward your case to an engineer who can resolve it.
Hello

@cex

I made a big transfer of KNC Token from Binance to CEX.IO. Unfortanely i did not know that Kyber
network made a upgrade and that they have now two different protocols. CEX.IO still supports the older protocol and Binance the newer one and also the older one. But they didnt inform on their deposit/withdraw page about that. KNC recommended that exchanges name the older one KNCL and the newer network keeps the name KNC. So i couldnt know that there was a upgrade in the first place! I am not going to check every time the site of the coin, especially not when it worked before that  just fine.

Recommendation + explanation of KNC:
https://blog.kyber.network/knc-token-migration-guide-fda08bfe62c2

So i contacted support on CEX.IO and they only did write me 5 days after my initial response. They did write this:

Hello D----

We have checked the information about your KNC deposit.

Please, be informed that CEX.IO does not support Kyber Network Crystal v2.

We would be more than happy to credit the mentioned deposit to your CEX.IO account or to send the amount of 9,435.551 KNC via Kyber Network Crystal v2 back to the sending wallet. However, as you may know, in order to perform both these actions, one will need necessary instruments. And, sadly, however, we have none of the instruments for cryptoprocessing of Kyber Network Crystal v2 token protocol.

Yes, we fully understand your situation, however, we are not able to recover the funds. Thus, we kindly ask you to refrain from unsupported tokens to your CEX.IO wallets.

Thank you for understanding!

So is this all? I will just loose my funds? Why can i retrive my coins when the same happens on Coinbase but not on CEX.IO?

Keep in mind i did several transactions from Binance to CEX.IO with KNC Token before this month and it worked without any problems. Also there was no warning on Binance Site or on CEX.IO site, nothing regarding that the network has changed or upgradet or whatever! Is this how you treat a loyal customer that does transfer coins worth of several millions dollar each month to and from your exchange? This response and thats it?

Now you let me wait again days before you respond me? No forwarding to a supervisor or anything similiar?

I contacted KNC and they said maybee if CEX.IO upgrades the token then i will get my funds, but this is just a big maybee IMO.

@cex please contact KNC and ask if there is anything you can do? I love to trade on your platform, but just this response after this 5 days is unnacteptable. Lets find a solution.

up136245374
Pages:
Jump to: