Pages:
Author

Topic: Lost Password To 106 BTC, Encrypted Wallet [BOUNTY] - page 2. (Read 2936 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
You forgot to tell us something very important, your password generator, which charset it use?
Activity: 672
Merit: 504
a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub
i like this app very much: https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover

Thanks (again) for recommendation, onemorexmr!

You're an admitted minor hanging about a 18+ gambling site.

So what?

Now you are trying to get some poor sap to crack someone elses wallet.. *shakes head*

Now that's different.... luckily:

if you dont remember anything from your password and if its complex you are fucked...

and

Brute forcing that password would be virtually impossible.

Agreed: if OP is a thief, or if OP doesn't have any idea of what the password is, then nothing can help.
Activity: 46
From what I know, its totally possible to recover the data from any formatted drive (There are many apps around) unless you intentionally wiped data in some irreversible way or extreme hardware deterioration. If you are trying to hack into some1 wallet, 16 characters? You need alot of hashing power to bruteforce something like that(not even the whole bitcoin+altcoins network hashrates combined would be enough) anyway I rather use such hashing power to mine my own coins, not worth that amount of BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469
Brute forcing that password would be virtually impossible.
Did you re-write the hard drive with new data? If you didn't then you may use specialized SW to recover the files. Or you can hire a professional.
You do have the wallet don't you? Just missing the password? Or was the wallet gone on the HD too?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
Am I fucked? I had it like this: I use Multibit, but my wallet is encrypted with a 16 character passcode, randomly generated. This pass was saved in a text file on my external HDD. I was ratted, and now the file was deleted. As well, I think my HDD was formatted Sad

I don't remember even the first character. Maybe it was a c or f, I don't know Sad. I'll offer a big bounty, maybe 6 BTC to whoever can help unlock my wallet.

Bumblebee is an alt of Homosexual / Candystripes. (Pretty damn sure)

You're an admitted minor hanging about a 18+ gambling site.

Now you are trying to get some poor sap to crack someone elses wallet.. *shakes head*
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Am I fucked? I had it like this: I use Multibit, but my wallet is encrypted with a 16 character passcode, randomly generated. This pass was saved in a text file on my external HDD. I was ratted, and now the file was deleted. As well, I think my HDD was formatted Sad

I don't remember even the first character. Maybe it was a c or f, I don't know Sad. I'll offer a big bounty, maybe 6 BTC to whoever can help unlock my wallet.

i like this app very much: https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover

you supply it with parts of the password you remember and it tries variants.
i can help you set it up if you need to.

if you search this forum there are also services which are able to do this trustless. they usually ask 10-20% of the wallet amount.

BE SURE TO USE A TRUSTLESS SERVICE never send just your complete wallet.dat with passwor hints!

if you dont remember anything from your password and if its complex you are fucked...
Activity: 56
Am I fucked? I had it like this: I use Multibit, but my wallet is encrypted with a 16 character passcode, randomly generated. This pass was saved in a text file on my external HDD. I was ratted, and now the file was deleted. As well, I think my HDD was formatted Sad it isn't recognized at all

I don't remember even the first character. Maybe it was a c or f, I don't know Sad. I'll offer a big bounty, maybe 6 BTC to whoever can help unlock my wallet. I read about this but I can't make any sense of it Sad
Pages:
Jump to: