Pages:
Author

Topic: Lost wallet password? I can help! - page 2. (Read 514 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 6
February 09, 2019, 05:15:02 PM
I got an account with arround 4000 waves.
Would you be able to brute force it if i know the first 6 of 13 letters/digits ?

I'm looking into this now and will get back to you shortly. Give me about 15 minutes.
February 09, 2019, 05:06:32 PM
Interesting. But how would you recover a wallet without having any access to the keys, phrases or other sensitive data? That is technically impossible. If that data is provided and the wallet is recovered, then you would have access to all the funds in it. Upfront payment doesn't make sense because after recovering a wallet, you  will directly have access to the funds.
Interesting to me too. A do not know how the process will work however I will follow this post to see where it goes. I am sure there are people who will need assistance from OP.

Good luck by the way.

I appreciate the follow and the good luck. It's encouraging.

If you're interested in the process feel free to set up an encrypted wallet with your software of choice even if you don't have any coins inside. I'd be happy to run it through my system at no charge so you can get a feel for how I'm operating this. Just keep in mind that the length and complexity of the password determine the time it can take to crack so it may not be worth it to try to run a ridiculously long mixed alphanumeric without some kind of reward at the end. Part of the challenge is knowing when to wait for faster hardware to be released. It'll come eventually.

Additionally, not all wallet software has a premade solution for gpu or fpga processing but I'm willing to code whatever is needed. The challenge is really interesting and satisfying once complete so I'd give it a shot regardless of difficulty. I'd only ask that you post here about your experience, positive or negative. Feedback is helpful.

Thanks!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 09, 2019, 04:48:09 PM
I got an account with arround 4000 waves.
Would you be able to brute force it if i know the first 6 of 13 letters/digits ?
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
February 09, 2019, 02:05:47 PM
Interesting. But how would you recover a wallet without having any access to the keys, phrases or other sensitive data? That is technically impossible. If that data is provided and the wallet is recovered, then you would have access to all the funds in it. Upfront payment doesn't make sense because after recovering a wallet, you  will directly have access to the funds.
Interesting to me too. A do not know how the process will work however I will follow this post to see where it goes. I am sure there are people who will need assistance from OP.

Good luck by the way.
February 09, 2019, 12:31:52 PM

In most cases you can use a publicly available open source script to extract a hash string from the wallet file directly. The original password can be derived from this hash without revealing any information about the wallet.

The only exception I can think of is the recovery of part of a bip39 or similar passphrase, this would allow direct access to funds.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
February 09, 2019, 12:01:16 PM
February 09, 2019, 11:33:54 AM
My apologies if this post violates any rules. If there is a more appropriate section for this please let me know.

Some time ago I discovered a few early (2011-2012) bitcoin core and litecoin wallets that I had encrypted but forgotten the password. I mined a ton of litecoin early on and never expected them to go above 10 cents USD at the time. After a ton of research and tens of thousands of dollars spent on hardware and services I was able to recover my passwords and access my funds. With the knowledge and resources I've gathered, I am offering my time and hardware to anyone who has lost their encryption password for just about any type of wallet.

I am aware that there are several other users and services offering to accomplish this task (dave at walletrecoveryservices.com is VERY good from what I hear) but I would love the opportunity to help you out while building a reputation here. I can recover almost any type of wallet for just about any type of currency. I'd like to think I have a unique approach that may enable me to succeed more easily then some of the larger players in this space. I also personally own a LOT of processing power in a secure location where others may be renting from a cloud provider. Unfortunately in most cases I can't offer this service for free. There is a cost involved for my time, hardware upkeep and electricity but the main reason I'm doing this is because I enjoy it.

Terms/Details:

1. I will never ask for any payment up front. The only exception to this may be if your demand exceeds my computing capacity which is very unlikely.

2. I do not require you to send me your wallet files to recover the password 99.9% of the time.

3. I will never have access to your funds. Any payment we agree upon will be sent manually by you.

4. Cost will be determined on a case by case basis publicly in this thread unless you'd prefer a private discussion.

5. If the password can be recovered quickly and easily, I will do it for free.

6. If I am unsuccessful at recovering your password, you do not pay.

7. I will research your situation prior to beginning the process. If there is information available the leads me to believe the wallet is stolen or suspicious in any way I won't be able to help you.

8. If interested, I can provide a real time view of the recovery process. This includes how many passwords have been tried, how many will be tried and exactly how long each attempt will take.

I realize you may be reluctant to trust me due to my newbie status on the forum but I can assure you that I've been here since 2011 just lurking until recently and the good news is that there is no trust required on your part. Please post any questions you might have here in this thread for transparency and the benefit of other users or feel free to pm me if you'd like to discuss your situation privately.

For immediate assistance, please use telegram:
https://t.me/Crackd3v

Pages:
Jump to: