Pages:
Author

Topic: Louisiana Makes It Illegal To Use Cash For Secondhand Sales - page 2. (Read 5261 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1008
Expect the Fed to enforce this or try to make it mandatory across America.  IMO another sign that the Federal Reserve Note is losing its grip by introducing strong arm laws like this.
This has nothing to do with the Fed...
It is ironic that a state has now passed a law making it illegal (in some cases) to use the FED's currency.  I think you could make a case that this law contradicts the federal legal tender laws.  Especially if you exchange these goods for credit that the buyer later wishes to settle with FRNs.  Later could be a few seconds.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Expect the Fed to enforce this or try to make it mandatory across America.  IMO another sign that the Federal Reserve Note is losing its grip by introducing strong arm laws like this.
This has nothing to do with the Fed...
Activity: 868
Merit: 1008
I'd like to know how they intend to enforce this...this law will end up turning the majority of Louisiana residents into criminals.  I think once >50% of the population is considered an outlaw by the government, you've reached a point where it's not the people that are the outlaws, it's the state.
Activity: 740
Merit: 500
Hello world!
Any knows if this is again any federal laws, or the constitution has any say in this?

Is bitcoin included in this definition?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
Wow... they're really desperate now.
Activity: 396
Merit: 250
Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20111019/17424316421/louisiana-makes-it-illegal-to-use-cash-secondhand-sales.shtml

Pages:
Jump to: