Pages:
Author

Topic: Low profit mining, something is about to change? - page 2. (Read 2923 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
The time of making profit by just buying machine and mining normally day by day is over.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
The profitability is fine, you can still break even very fast (usually after 1,5 - 2 months) which makes it low-risk investment.

2 months? no way, assuming a 6 x 480 rig that cost you $200 x 6 + $400 for other components, that is $1600 total for a rig, let's round this to $1500

this same rig can give you only a net of $200 per month mining zcash at 5 cent electricity, which is not even standard, this is already 7.5 months...

hey we can even assume free electricity and still you need 6 months...ethereum make no real difference here
legendary
Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038
Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar
EXP is more profitable at the moment (up 10%), Eth second Zcash 3rd, I mine Zcash for feasibility, profit this month estimated $150.

Don't look at whattomine and believe them blindly. If coin is on first place (most profitable to mine) it could be just current price spike and it might not be too profitable when you go to exchange so always keep that in mind
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
The profitability is fine, you can still break even very fast (usually after 1,5 - 2 months) which makes it low-risk investment.

Lol, yeah 45 to 60 days ROI, give me some of what you are smoking. Even using 3 cent power, ROI figures are closer to 7 months right now for the most profitable coins. With higher power costs it will be closer to the 9 month end of the spectrum, and even with "free" power it will still take 6 months to ROI on just the hardware. So unless you are mining some super secret coin there is no way you are ROI or reaching "break-even" in just 1.5 to 2 months.
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
EXP is more profitable at the moment (up 10%), Eth second Zcash 3rd, I mine Zcash for feasibility, profit this month estimated $150.
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
Do you have any proof to backup your claim about profitability of mining altcoins? if so could you provide us a few examples?
Like which coins and GPUs and with what electricity price.
That would be great, I'm stuck between ETH and ZEC
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
Do you have any proof to backup your claim about profitability of mining altcoins? if so could you provide us a few examples?
Like which coins and GPUs and with what electricity price.
Activity: 463
Merit: 250
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
so... at the moment mining is very low profit, you think that something can change with GPU Mining in the near future? or we have to continue like this?

The only thing that will change is continued difficulty increases and lower coin prices resulting in even lower profits. This is still the gravy times actually as far as mining, if you are not making profit now you will be a hurting unit in about a months time. Forget about those rosy 60-90 day ROI dreams, the reality is closer to 6-9 months, which still is not really all that bad. Welcome to the desert of the real.

I totaly agree with you, ROI time is around 6-9 month.
being miner is still a nice side job for me, I have free electricity to use around 800W.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
so... at the moment mining is very low profit, you think that something can change with GPU Mining in the near future? or we have to continue like this?

The only thing that will change is continued difficulty increases and lower coin prices resulting in even lower profits. This is still the gravy times actually as far as mining, if you are not making profit now you will be a hurting unit in about a months time. Forget about those rosy 60-90 day ROI dreams, the reality is closer to 6-9 months, which still is not really all that bad. Welcome to the desert of the real.
legendary
Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038
Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

Look at mining profit over time. It have it's ups and downs. Yes it's very unprofitable now but next great coin to mine might be announced in a month or in a year. As miners we can't impact developers.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: