Pages:
Author

Topic: Lower circulating supply of tokens, It is good or bad? - page 6. (Read 521 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 0
With many ICO's not selling so much of their tokens or not reaching the hard cap, many of these token's price always plummeted after entering the exchange. With the excess tokens that are not sold during the ICO are being burned, it is really possible that a fewer circulating supply of tokens will make it rarer thus it is more valuable? More valuable meaning pricier thus each holder of token will get more from what they bought? Or it is actually the opposite? What is your opinion about?

Please don't hate me for my thinking. If you know that I'm wrong, please correct me.

Yes, most probably you could gain a better price from it if the project team would decide to burn out the token that is not sold. From my knowledge locking out of time  from the team side is also a good reason for the token to have more value.
Activity: 317
Merit: 0
You are both right and wrong at the same time. Yes, if the tokens become rare it might create some spark and will be able to bring the market a little further up. But if these are being burned to manipulate it, then in the long run, it might be a trouble.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
With many ICO's not selling so much of their tokens or not reaching the hard cap, many of these token's price always plummeted after entering the exchange. With the excess tokens that are not sold during the ICO are being burned, it is really possible that a fewer circulating supply of tokens will make it rarer thus it is more valuable? More valuable meaning pricier thus each holder of token will get more from what they bought? Or it is actually the opposite? What is your opinion about?

Please don't hate me for my thinking. If you know that I'm wrong, please correct me.
Pages:
Jump to: