Pages:
Author

Topic: LSM Labs - page 3. (Read 6506 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
April 24, 2014, 07:42:20 AM
Another fairly slick looking scam website.

Reasonable effort on the renders, but they are all obviously renders... no photos of anything.  But what's up with the HUGE rack ears, and the MASSIVE holes in them?  Looks so bizarre (https://lsm-labs.com/pandora).  It's almost as if the person who drew the renders has never seen a real rack-mount server.

Absolutely no details about the ASICs... they don't claim to have designed their own ASICs, and they don't say they use an existing ASIC.  Smells fishy.  If they said they used an existing ASIC, it would be easy to check with that manufacturer to see if "LSM Labs" had purchased any chips.  If they had details of their own ASIC, experts here on the forum would take them apart pretty quick because it's hard to fake that level of technical detail.  Maybe that's why they are side-stepping the issue?

I listened to the Media section, which is a 5 min audio segment claiming to be an interview with Forbes Asia.  Two guys with radio voices reading from a script, sounding a bit like a short infomercial.  Why not take an amateur phone-cam video of the miner hashing?  Show us the hashrate at a pool?

The money they spent setting up a web site and recording the scripted "interview" will be recouped by the first sucker to send pre-order money in.  Everything after that is gravy.  This sort of thing makes me sick.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
April 24, 2014, 06:46:05 AM
I always find it amazing when new people find a new site selling questionable product.

Que LSM Lab rep to enter thread to assure there legit in ....

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
April 24, 2014, 06:33:19 AM
This is a thread about a new mining manufacturer called LSM Labs.

They have listed:

Pandora
3 TH/s ASIC Miner
$7,199 USD
Delivery by 21st May 2014

As well as other machines.

Obviously a scam! Their logo is familiar though, but i can't recall from where.
Shipping on 21 is a big lie. If they were shipping on 21 why there are only 3d renders on the site? They must have at least the chips in hand by now. BIG SCAM!
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
April 24, 2014, 06:30:44 AM
lol

looked at their site

you can't get a hold of them sometimes email 'extremely busy"

you can't visit their offices

I mean come on guys...as a scam operation you are not really trying your best imho

if they we're legit they'd send someone a miner to test....but from looking at their web site I'd be flabbergasted if
they did so..and that includes another companies miner with the logo changed...

as a scam site I give it only 1 star out of 5 stars...you are pulling down the other scammer sites with this weak attempt imho

they are just going thru the motions

quality where is the quality in your work ....(kids these days)

Searing
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
April 24, 2014, 05:45:06 AM
"As seen on Forbes, Bloomberg etc".... nty.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
April 24, 2014, 05:02:05 AM
I always find it amazing when new people find a new site selling questionable product.

Exactly Smiley

But, you know what, if you send me a miner for free, I will take pictures and review it for you, to give you some credibility Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
April 24, 2014, 01:46:55 AM
Does anyone have any experience with this company and if so was it a positive one???

Other than sending money in to a black hole, no. Nobody has had any experience with them.

Too bad these scammers are going to have to buy a new domain name and try again.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
April 24, 2014, 01:23:13 AM
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
April 23, 2014, 10:37:31 PM
This is a thread about a new mining manufacturer called LSM Labs.

The site is at this address: https://lsm-labs.com

They have listed:

Pandora
3 TH/s ASIC Miner
$7,199 USD
Delivery by 21st May 2014

As well as other machines.

They seem cheap and the delivery time looks very early - this prompted me to put up a few red flags in another post, which has been moved to this thread.

1) Their domain name is cloaked.
2) They said they will process BTC payments through a 3rd party Escrow (VC-Escrow.com), they too have their domain cloaked.
3) The address seems generic - but this not unusual.
4) LSM Labs Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of the British Virgin Islands (“LSMLabs”), how is this different from other companies, what recourse do mining facilities have for refunds with such a company?
5) There were stock images of two members of the team but these have since been removed. And it seems it was done by the website designer.

I did write to the website and received an email response but I am not sure it was a friendly one. I invite staff of LSM Labs to respond to this message and explain why we haven't heard of this company before? Where is the Reddit and Bitcointalk promotion?

Are LSM Labs going to tell us what assurances mining companies have that their products will be delivered?Huh

Does anyone have any experience with this company and if so was it a positive one???
Pages:
Jump to: