Pages:
Author

Topic: LTC FPGA discussion! - page 6. (Read 23605 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
April 23, 2013, 01:14:27 AM
Allow me to throw my name in the hat as interested in a modest number of units. (2 to 4)
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
April 23, 2013, 01:08:44 AM
So that we can start to salivate with the mental excel spreadsheet that lives in all of us Cheesy

Isn't it the worst when you're in the middle of entering random difficulties and LTC exchange values into your spreadsheet and your brain gives you the BSOD?  Embarrassed

I call that a hang over ...lol

Our aim is to match the common video cards used for mining. For both price/hash, bare in mind we would hvae to add our profit margin on top of it. But we are not done so yeah as you pointed out I wont say "A" word about it until we are absolutely sure of a decent number. Then when that number is announced we will endeavor to make it faster. Rule of thumb is under promise, over deliver. This is our aim in this case.

Good to see some professionalism in an area that has been dominated by some major AssHats of EPIC proportions

With a partner of mine we will be up for another purchase of ~ 20k in about 4 weeks lets hope u have something a bit more solid so we can hopefully send it your way or hold off on GPU's if u are getting close
Activity: 732
Nosce te Ipsum
April 22, 2013, 11:45:46 PM
Camt wait!! I'll be in for several!
Activity: 742
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
April 22, 2013, 11:03:11 PM
So that we can start to salivate with the mental excel spreadsheet that lives in all of us Cheesy

Isn't it the worst when you're in the middle of entering random difficulties and LTC exchange values into your spreadsheet and your brain gives you the BSOD?  Embarrassed

Our aim is to match the common video cards used for mining. For both price/hash, bare in mind we would hvae to add our profit margin on top of it. But we are not done so yeah as you pointed out I wont say "A" word about it until we are absolutely sure of a decent number. Then when that number is announced we will endeavor to make it faster. Rule of thumb is under promise, over deliver. This is our aim in this case.
April 22, 2013, 10:44:51 PM

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
April 22, 2013, 10:37:08 PM

April 22, 2013, 10:30:35 PM
The hashrate cannot be determined yet, nor price, until we have completed production units.

Once again dependant on specs and $ I will take 10

Currently i have 10kw solar with my 15m (30 m by the end of this week) and FGPA seems like the natural progression

Whats the ETA on having some numbers ?

Or can u give us ball park or do u want to hold for solid info ?

P.S Please dont say the "A" word as we are all hiding from that BTC bullshit here in LTC world
Activity: 28
April 22, 2013, 10:03:25 PM
Is there any link about this product to look around?
legendary
Merit: 1005
April 22, 2013, 07:40:13 PM
No. Bad Taco. You go work on MC2, and I will be an early adopter and become rich and live in bermuda or something. THEN you worry about FPGA Tongue

Cheesy Update coming this week, wrote my last exam, hopefully everything went okay.  I want to talk to one of my friends at Microsoft who works on data storage and structures about the scalability problem, too.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
April 22, 2013, 07:24:22 PM
Well it would simply make sure that there is no mistake as to whether someone is an investor or placing a preorder.

I would be interested in whatever your an is at this point.

Parse error?
Activity: 308
Merit: 102
April 22, 2013, 07:25:22 PM
Well it would simply make sure that there is no mistake as to whether someone is an investor or placing a preorder.

Parse error?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Good one.
Activity: 56
April 22, 2013, 06:24:54 PM
I do want to point out, that no matter what happens, I think it best that these by default be setup for solo mining to avoid a large network majority forming like it has on bitcoin.

If you sell me one I'll gladly do so!  I can also give you investment money too, but I need some specs before doing so (cost to produce, scaling, efficiency, etc).

No. Bad Taco. You go work on MC2, and I will be an early adopter and become rich and live in bermuda or something. THEN you worry about FPGA Tongue
legendary
Merit: 1005
April 22, 2013, 02:31:05 PM
I do want to point out, that no matter what happens, I think it best that these by default be setup for solo mining to avoid a large network majority forming like it has on bitcoin.

If you sell me one I'll gladly do so!  I can also give you investment money too, but I need some specs before doing so (cost to produce, scaling, efficiency, etc).
Activity: 54
April 22, 2013, 02:04:18 PM

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
April 22, 2013, 02:26:55 AM
I am interested in news on any developments, too.
April 22, 2013, 01:56:48 AM
Activity: 15
April 22, 2013, 01:35:15 AM
Thats a good idea. I will be sure to buy some. I am currently single GPU mining, so any amount will be beneficial, and external and not frying my GPU.

I am interested in pre-orders, first day buys, or even securities. I will invest into a security.
April 22, 2013, 01:08:34 AM
I am looking into possibly setting up a security like mentioned before similar to how asicminer set theirs up. I have been in contact with someone already about possibly doing the investment group method. So we will see how it pans out and if this is the direction that is best for everyone.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
April 22, 2013, 12:54:16 AM
Since yesterday ? Tongue

Wink

I think you will find the community willing to order some as soon as you have that info available - may eventually want 20, but would order 4 paid upfront on first day to support further LTC development.
Activity: 54
April 22, 2013, 12:53:44 AM
Sure  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: