Pages:
Author

Topic: LTC good investment? - page 3. (Read 3693 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
March 23, 2015, 07:06:50 PM
How many people here still believe in LTC? I do. Price doesn't mean "value". As others said there are so many reasons for low pricing, but everytime BTC goes up, LTC follows somehow. Market cap today was $ 66,658,511 , still 3x DRK.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 23, 2015, 05:16:47 PM
Current LTC price is low, because people with ASICs are selling it low. This is one of the main reasons. Other main reason are scams (from which Bitcoin suffers as well). People are distracted for a coins with "innovations". Just look on the posts when some new coin is launched. Almost everyone is asking for innovations and roadmaps. Most of the people are saying: "Nah, LTC is old.. go for "anothershitcoinwithfancylogoandpromises" and get rich in 2 days.". This is going to change sooner or later. We are not in November/December 2013 and people will understand that cryptocurrencies exist because of the coins mentioned above. Yes, there will be couple of more which will slip through with them, but most of the rest will just die, because people are launching/following them only because of the fiat they can earn. Those people don't love cryptocurrencies... they are after the money. When you are doing business you need not only thinking about the profit, but to take care your "baby" as well.

innovation or bust trust  Wink   (just a hint to why litecoin will likely outlive most other cryptos if they go mainstream).

This is a problem where people are just mining when there is hype surrounding a coin so they can make a quick buck. If people cared about the coins they would stick around, look at dogecoin that thing blew up was all over the news and everything and look at it now it is way smaller than it once was.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
March 23, 2015, 04:35:05 AM
Current LTC price is low, because people with ASICs are selling it low. This is one of the main reasons. Other main reason are scams (from which Bitcoin suffers as well). People are distracted for a coins with "innovations". Just look on the posts when some new coin is launched. Almost everyone is asking for innovations and roadmaps. Most of the people are saying: "Nah, LTC is old.. go for "anothershitcoinwithfancylogoandpromises" and get rich in 2 days.". This is going to change sooner or later. We are not in November/December 2013 and people will understand that cryptocurrencies exist because of the coins mentioned above. Yes, there will be couple of more which will slip through with them, but most of the rest will just die, because people are launching/following them only because of the fiat they can earn. Those people don't love cryptocurrencies... they are after the money. When you are doing business you need not only thinking about the profit, but to take care your "baby" as well.

innovation or bust trust  Wink   (just a hint to why litecoin will likely outlive most other cryptos if they go mainstream).
legendary
March 23, 2015, 04:33:43 AM
I don't think anyone is going to deliberately kill LTC, it is just kind of fading away.

That seems to be what is happening. Perhaps a lesson can be gained by understanding this tragic descent into irrelevance.

well what does it say to you that the largest holder of your goldcoin only holds to make more litecoin  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
March 23, 2015, 03:26:30 AM
Activity: 812
Litecoin Association Director
March 23, 2015, 02:46:51 AM
Just going to leave this here for the trolls and detractors.....

coinfire.io/2015/03/23/litecoin-com-launched/

World crypto network https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLVwMFWGseA&feature=youtu.be

Musings of a shibe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xe3WQ6Lqgk

http://cointelegraph.uk/news/113704/the-real-mage-on-litecoin-sidechains-altcoins

I got a lot more, this is recent news info and there is more to come. Anyways I know this is centric to me but I do a lot for Litecoin so its still pertinent. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
March 22, 2015, 11:02:55 PM
I don't think anyone is going to deliberately kill LTC, it is just kind of fading away.

That seems to be what is happening. Perhaps a lesson can be gained by understanding this tragic descent into irrelevance.
legendary
March 22, 2015, 09:08:07 PM
LTC is only here because bitcoin fanboy want it to be. If they wanted they would already 51% attack it.
Like they did with feathercoin/worldcoin and many more.

The true reason why Bitcoin is falling is, there're still to many thiefs and scammers in this community.

Why kill LTC? People who can do that actually are making money of cryptocurrencies. They will kill not only LTC, but their future profits as well. Otherwise it's true... too many scammers since 2014.

LTC won't fad anytime soon unlike 99% of the alts it has a purpose (whether or not its the makers original purpose is beside the point). In fact the more alts pumped out the least likely one will overtake it.

LTC can also stay a tad under the radar while its big brother cops it should anyone have any malice intent.
March 22, 2015, 11:25:33 AM
LTC is only here because bitcoin fanboy want it to be. If they wanted they would already 51% attack it.

The true reason why Bitcoin is falling is, there're still to many thiefs and scammers in this community.

Why kill LTC? People who can do that actually are making money of cryptocurrencies. They will kill not only LTC, but their future profits as well. Otherwise it's true... too many scammers since 2014.

Excatly for ltc the price is related to the hype around it more hype higher price, the hype fades so does the price.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
March 22, 2015, 11:22:29 AM

March 22, 2015, 11:09:49 AM
I find ltc too unpredictable it has gone as high as $50 and as low as $2. I would stay away because of that. Although it is pretty low right now so there is not much more it can go down.
legendary
@FAILCommunity
March 22, 2015, 07:21:30 AM

legendary
@FAILCommunity
March 22, 2015, 07:07:38 AM
Why people still invest Ltc?
Compare to Btc, Ltc is just a clone of Btc. It has no innovation. It used to claim Asic resist, but it's failed to resist Asic miner. 

It's simple. One of the main reasons are the shitcoins which popping up each and every day. We have seen much of "innovations" lately. People are forgetting that one of the most important things for a coin is to stay. LTC is here. Where are 100s of others which promised innovations?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
March 22, 2015, 06:54:29 AM
Why people still invest Ltc?
Compare to Btc, Ltc is just a clone of Btc. It has no innovation. It used to claim Asic resist, but it's failed to resist Asic miner. 
legendary
March 22, 2015, 06:31:42 AM
You are forgetting that LTC will halve in about 3 months and a lot more ASICs will be involved in the mining process. Thus will make LTC more rare as it is now. I can't say it is the best investment out there, but you surely can't lose much at those prices so I think it isn't a bad move to invest some money in it.

You can lose 100% of your investment. And no I'm not a "hater" of LTC, I entirely don't care about it, just giving my opinion.

but a biased btc , monero fanboi you is?

Not really, I hold several different coins besides those.

i'm guessin dakrcoin and the like....or whatever innovation is the current flavor of the day (not on the attack btw but may come across like that in text).

Okay yes I have 1 DRK, but that was bought as a bit of a joke, so for the most part no, I'm not counting that.

Besides BTC and XMR I have some DOGE, CLAMS, two of the old school alts other than LTC, a little Ripple, more Stellar, and a bunch of much smaller coins that seem to have promise (long term shots of course).

I agree with what spartak_t just said about DRK.
legendary
@FAILCommunity
March 22, 2015, 06:27:46 AM
I respect your right to make a different call about LTC. I don't disagree about BTC though. Best to you crypto brother.

i'm guessin dakrcoin and the like....or whatever innovation is the current flavor of the day (not on the attack btw but may come across like that in text).

I will not be surprised if DRK goes over 0.03 - 0.04. More than 50% of the coins are in the hands of 2-5 people so I believe that soon another pump will be made. I'm not touching it though...
legendary
March 22, 2015, 06:22:55 AM
You are forgetting that LTC will halve in about 3 months and a lot more ASICs will be involved in the mining process. Thus will make LTC more rare as it is now. I can't say it is the best investment out there, but you surely can't lose much at those prices so I think it isn't a bad move to invest some money in it.

You can lose 100% of your investment. And no I'm not a "hater" of LTC, I entirely don't care about it, just giving my opinion.

legendary
March 22, 2015, 06:21:50 AM

Losing money on a coin is always on the table. That's why I said that many people lost their faith in crypto. It's not about hating - it's about the situation in which cryptomarket currently is. I still believe that investing in LTC is not a bad idea at all. Personally I am trying to accumulate as much as I can. I even made a bold prediction about Bitcoin - $450 by the end of April. Grin This can move the price of LTC somewhere between $2,50 - $3,00, but of course that's just a hunch...

people here may laugh but seeing a few things behind the scene (etf etc) i see bitcoin at $4k by the end of the year and ltc at $200......possibly a few lame alts dragged along if fiat profits your thing.

longterm i see no current crypto surviving as a currency in any meaningful fashion.
legendary
March 22, 2015, 06:20:12 AM

legendary
March 22, 2015, 06:18:56 AM

ltc will do just fine as it has as currency especially for the mainstream one huge advantage over even bitcoin, that most closet tech crowd who push the innovation/technology line don't see to get......
Pages:
Jump to: