Pages:
Author

Topic: LTC halving , what to expect? - page 5. (Read 776 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 11
July 25, 2019, 08:51:49 AM
I think the main factor is that LTC is altcoin. And also the fact that it is BTC fork. Therefore, each halving will not have such a large impact on the price, as many expect. In addition, after each division in halving there will be less and less emissions. It also reduces the impact on the price due to the large number of altcoins, since the new money is scattered throughout the cryptocurrency market and there is not a large increase in demand for LTC.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 6509
be constructive or S.T.F.U
July 24, 2019, 10:30:52 PM
 LTC halving is only 11 days 11 hours away, I started to see some FUD surrounding this event,  some people talk about price drop because of the decrease in security that is about to happen since many miners will leave the network after the halving, some go to the extent of saying LTC is going to be dead , some are bullshiting on the exact opposite side saying price will go to ATH right after the halving because supply will be decreased by half.

My thoughts on this are:

Nothing major is going to happen after the halving, neither price nor hash rate will be affected by much.

The reason why i think so, is simply because I am a believer in the theory of  "History repeats itself" and based on the previous halving, or the 2 halvings that BTC had, nothing out of the ordinary happened after any of those halvings !.

1- Price wise:

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/litecoin-price.html#log

After the previous halving ,price stayed leveled for many months then went up because BTC was going up and the crypto market in general was having a good time , the world did not care about missing 25 LTC every 2.5 mins after the previous halving , and the world most likely won't care about 12.5 LTC less every 2.5 mins 11 days from now

2-Hashrate wise:

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/litecoin-hashrate.html#log

Nearly the same exact thing as the price, hashrate kept it's normal progression and slowly increased, and since mining is profitability based, who cares if their rewards are cut by half as long as they are still making profit by the end of the day?

also the fact that LTC price is more likely than not going to increase in the long the run, adding to that the fact that more efficient gears should hit the market when price increases , it's almost certain that hash rate will only continue to increase, therefore - nothing about security is getting affected by the halving.

I could be wrong , but I place most of my thoughts on numbers from previous similar events, feel free to share your thoughts and correct me if I made a mistake somewhere.
Pages:
Jump to: