Pages:
Author

Topic: (LTC Reward) Gigabyte 7950 - Settings Nightmare - page 2. (Read 15558 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 252
Logicus, can you also show me how I go about flashing to the new bios for my card that I wish to use. I don't have a USB thumb drive laying around :\

Also no, my thread count is 10k, I cant even go above 16k for whatever known reason, I did the MAX ALLOC PERCENT 100 thing, still just this. Plus the memory clock issues, not letting me change it.
use ATI Winflash for Windows.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
You need DOS bootable drive.With usb is easy way.Also you may use floppy Smiley.

1. Download F43 Bios: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4121&dl=1#bios
2. Download atiflash: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2230/ATIFlash%204.07.html
3.1 You need DOS bootable USB drive. I used this tutorial: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/46707-ms-dos-bootable-flash-drive-create.html
3.2 If use floppy - format  with option "Create an MS-DOS startup disk"
4. put F43 Bios and ati flash to USB drive/floppy disk
5. Turn off the computer
6. Put BIOS Switch on the GPU to number 1 http://www.jagatreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/gigabyte-amd-hd-7950-dualbios-switch.jpg
    If anything goes wrong you can just put switch back to number 2 and you have factory default BIOS.
7. Boot DOS from usb/floppy
8. Flash to F43 BIOS version:

atiflash -p 0 xxxxxx.F43

9. Reboot

P.S.
Under Win XP you can download files in one folder(F43 Bios atiflash),open start button,type "command" in run - it will start dos Smiley.Now go to folder and  Flash to F43 BIOS version:
atiflash -p 0 xxxxxx.F43
Activity: 42
Logicus, can you also show me how I go about flashing to the new bios for my card that I wish to use. I don't have a USB thumb drive laying around :\

Also no, my thread count is 10k, I cant even go above 16k for whatever known reason, I did the MAX ALLOC PERCENT 100 thing, still just this. Plus the memory clock issues, not letting me change it.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Fans are at 100% cauase I use several programs and they all show it and I can hear it lol they are on MAX.

Idk really how to change the CUDAMiner config to specify a card, if anyone knows please let me know.
Also my card has 3 gigs of RAM while my rig has a 2 gig stick in it.

Wow, that's really hot.. Take a picture of your card / case / set up. What is the ambient temperature? In the 80s? Can you set thread concurrency in the twenty thousand range or are you limited to 8192?

Put BIOS Switch on the GPU to number 1
You can backup VGA BIOS with GPU-Z
http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac348/civato/GPU%20NVIDIA%20BIOS/GPUBIOS1.png

Now you have original bios,and you can flash it back if something gone wrong
Fans are at 100% cauase I use several programs and they all show it and I can hear it lol they are on MAX.

Idk really how to change the CUDAMiner config to specify a card, if anyone knows please let me know.
Also my card has 3 gigs of RAM while my rig has a 2 gig stick in it.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Pretty sure my card is voltage locked, cause It's the newer 3 fan one with a 8 pin and a 6 pin, I don't know what this means. Sure would love to know how to back up my Bios and then flash them so I could get my card running cooler. It's around 85c on average giving me 605 K/hash, also like I said anyone know whats up with the memory clock problem? If I change it in CGMiner or even Catalyst, it makes my monitor go black then locks up. Really would love to get the most hash out of this card and I know I need to tweek this if I want that. Thanks everyone.

Also. BONUS POINTS! Whoever can help me get CUDAminer running at the same time as CGminer, so I can mine with my GTX 570 as well, when I launch CUDAminer, while CGminer is already mining my 7950, it's like it steals away from CGminer, my card gets cooler, the hash rate drops to like 40 k/hash, it's like CUDA takes priority or something. Really need this one resolved! Thanks guys

Don't use CGminer to control your GPU, it's not built for that. You're card is heating up because your ambient is probably high and your fan control speed is either low, or the program that is telling you how fast the fan is spinning is lying to you, it happens to me. Can you hear the fans on this card only spinning when you're at 60%+? You should if the fans are really going that fast. I use a combination of MSI after burner and trixx to control my fans, it's a pain but worth it.

How much system RAM do you have and how much VRAM total do you have? I'm told this ratio plays a huge role in hte thread concurrencies you are able to run which impacts your hash rate.

I bet your CUDAminer program is not using hte nvidia card, it sounds like its using hte ati. When I had a mixed system I needed to run two instances of CGminer, one for ati and one for nvidia. I had to add this flag for nvidia - "--gpu-platform 1". I would assume your CUDAminer config is wrong / missing a key flag?
Pretty sure my card is voltage locked, cause It's the newer 3 fan one with a 8 pin and a 6 pin, I don't know what this means. Sure would love to know how to back up my Bios and then flash them so I could get my card running cooler. It's around 85c on average giving me 605 K/hash, also like I said anyone know whats up with the memory clock problem? If I change it in CGMiner or even Catalyst, it makes my monitor go black then locks up. Really would love to get the most hash out of this card and I know I need to tweek this if I want that. Thanks everyone.

Also. BONUS POINTS! Whoever can help me get CUDAminer running at the same time as CGminer, so I can mine with my GTX 570 as well, when I launch CUDAminer, while CGminer is already mining my 7950, it's like it steals away from CGminer, my card gets cooler, the hash rate drops to like 40 k/hash, it's like CUDA takes priority or something. Really need this one resolved! Thanks guys
Activity: 839
Merit: 608
I heard of having to do the flash F43, doesn't that unlock the voltage ability or undervolt it? What exactly does it do.
F43 does not unlock, it just locks the load voltage to 1.09V instead of 1.25V.

But 1.09V is much more reasonable than 1.25V for mining.
I heard of having to do the flash F43, doesn't that unlock the voltage ability or undervolt it? What exactly does it do.
F43 does not unlock, it just locks the load voltage to 1.09V instead of 1.25V.
Activity: 270
Merit: 220
CQ - I make High Voltage glowy things.
I heard of having to do the flash F43, doesn't that unlock the voltage ability or undervolt it? What exactly does it do. I will try this later, is there anyway to flash the Bios with that without having to put it on a USB thumb drive, anyway to do it on like a 500gb external HDD?

You can use ATI Winflash. It's basically idiot proof - just make sure to backup the old BIOs incase anything happens. Additionally, the Gigabytes have 2 switches on the card to revert back if anything happens, worst case scenario. If you want a tutorial PM me I'll send you one or hit me up on #freenode Smiley
My was locked at 1.25v.
I flash from FX1 bios to f43 bios.
Now locked at 1.1v. Smiley
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Are you using a Gigabyte 7950? If you are, I recommend that you make sure you flash the card down to the F43 bios. Additionally, try this config in a .bat file -- it seems to work with a lot of folks having the same issue as you. Hopefully it'll get you at the very least, stable. Let me know how it works out, good luck!

Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

cgminer --scrypt --shaders 1792 --gpu-engine 925 --gpu-memclock 1250 --temp-target 75 -I 18 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 21712 -g 1 --auto-gpu --auto-fan -o stratum+tcp://yourpoolinfo:yourport# -u usrname -p password
I heard of having to do the flash F43, doesn't that unlock the voltage ability or undervolt it? What exactly does it do. I will try this later, is there anyway to flash the Bios with that without having to put it on a USB thumb drive, anyway to do it on like a 500gb external HDD?

DO NOT attempt to flash if you're unfamiliar with the process. You can easily brick your card. The new revision Gigabyte cards are trash, absolute garbage, the voltage is set far too high. So you should either flash (again not recommended if you're new to the process) or you should send it back/sell it and get a different brand. That would be the easiest solution.
I have 2x6pin cards.
This is post for Gigabyte WF3 7950  help me https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,2641.0.html
nice! thats definitly working. I tought the new ones (1x8pin+1x6pin) are hardlocked.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
Alright I am trying so many different combinations of settings for the 7950 in CGMiner from this site here
https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison#wiki-ATI_AMD_GPUs

I already did the MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 thing in just a normal CMD (btw I am on Windows)
but first off, I cant have a thread concurrency of over 11,000, I get the disabling gpu/thread kernel error, even though it says 22400 when I do the auto tune type test for it. So Idk the problem there.

Tells me Memory click of 1600 is outta the safe zone, I got it to over 600 at one point but the thing got to 95 damn degrees, even on Intensity 16, I got it up to like 78-80 degrees. Can you guys help me figure out why it's getting so damn hot, btw when it does or I change some of these settings, the card just locks up and I have to reboot. So really would like answers/settings, it's the Gigabyte 3 fan 7950, using latest CGminer, my .bat I just keep switching around. Getting annoyed

25 LTC reward to whoever gives me the best solutions (if its a tie I'll split it up accordingly)

EDIT: Also, when I change the memory inside of CGMiner when it's running, the display I have hooked up to it goes black and my mouse freezes on the display thats hooked up to my Nvidia card
EDIT: Like right now, I have it working. If I just leave the stock clock and mem at 1000/1250 and 10600 threads at an intensity of 18, I get almost 600K/hash but the temp is 84C, like this is ridiculous.

E: 1075
M: 1500
I: 19
TC: 24576
LG: 2
gpu-threads: 1
work size: 256
vectors: 1
powertune: 20
I have 2x6pin cards.
This is post for Gigabyte WF3 7950  help me https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,2641.0.html
Activity: 48
Regarding the MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT environment variable:

This setting is CASE SENSITIVE! I got stuck on this for a while. Go to your Environment Variables Settings panel:
Click the Start Button
In the search box type "var" without quotes.
Choose the "Edit the system environmental variables" option.
Click on [Environment Variables...]

Verify that MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT is present in ALL CAPS with a value of 100.

This will allow you to increase the thread-concurrency.

I flash my 2 x Gigabyte 7950 card from FX1 bios to f43 bios.
Temps are 10 degrees and 50W per card lower..
Bios undervolt core from 1.25v. to 1.150v.
Now i can mining 1200-1240kh/s (from 1100-1150) with same temperature.

do you have 2x6pin or 1x8pin+1x6pin pcie card? thanks!
I flash my 2 x Gigabyte 7950 card from FX1 bios to f43 bios.
Temps are 10 degrees and 50W per card lower..
Bios undervolt core from 1.25v. to 1.150v.
Now i can mining 1200-1240kh/s (from 1100-1150) with same temperature.

Are you using a Gigabyte 7950? If you are, I recommend that you make sure you flash the card down to the F43 bios. Additionally, try this config in a .bat file -- it seems to work with a lot of folks having the same issue as you. Hopefully it'll get you at the very least, stable. Let me know how it works out, good luck!

Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

cgminer --scrypt --shaders 1792 --gpu-engine 925 --gpu-memclock 1250 --temp-target 75 -I 18 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 21712 -g 1 --auto-gpu --auto-fan -o stratum+tcp://yourpoolinfo:yourport# -u usrname -p password
Pages:
Jump to: