Pages:
Author

Topic: Luxury 32 Acre Estate for sale in Bitcoin (Oregon) - Contact me if interested - page 3. (Read 6962 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Vod is a liar
How's my bid doing?

Well, looks like you're top bidder, now to just to break the reserve cherry!

100, 100, 100, 100, 100, do I hear 3700?
Vod is a liar
Now that's a wonder.How you came to own this?

No idea what you're attempting to say.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Vod is a liar
Are you paying the agent in BTC? Wink

No but that doesn't really need to concern the buyers.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
Now that's a wonder.How you came to own this?
legendary
Activity: 698
Merit: 500
5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders
Are you paying the agent in BTC? Wink
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I would like to bid 50BTC for this amazing house
Vod is a liar
Start the bidding at 100 BTC?
Vod is a liar
Yeah you'll find a millionaire roaming around here

If you mean BTC millionaire's, I know several that roam these grounds and I'm sure that's a mere handful of the full picture. This is a big forum...
legendary
Yeah you'll find a millionaire roaming around here
Vod is a liar
So what's the price? Is a hot wife included?

It's a guarantee you'll end up spending 10 times more for the hot wife than this real estate. LOL

Home like this is what get's you in the door for the hot wife! (no pun intended) Smiley

In all seriousness though, feel free to make an offer of any kind guys. Let's just get the ball rolling on some level. Post your crazy offers in this thread! I know there's a few deep pockets roaming Bitcointalk.org Smiley
Activity: 406

It's a guarantee you'll end up spending 10 times more for the hot wife than this real estate. LOL
Vod is a liar
Part cash / part BTC offer would not be out of the question as well!
Vod is a liar
As a seller, you actually don't receive any money from the buyer, the title or escrow company does. In the US, the title or escrow company of the buyer's choosing is actually the party that would need to accept BitCoin to facilitate any real estate transaction with BTC. Unless a buyer is willing to purchase property on the word of the seller without searching or insuring the transaction or what he/she is buying. That's a very foolish move.

I represent a nationwide title company that will publicly announce in February that we are accepting BitCoin for the purchase of real estate. We are the first in the US that can truly facilitate a real estate transaction with BitCoin. No real estate broker or seller receives money from any buyer for property in the US. Stories you see about them "accepting BitCoin" are publicity stunts. We are able to handle these transactions now.

When we launch in February, you will also be able to list your property on our site, the first real estate title/escrow company accepting BitCoin.

I'd be happy to help insure a buyer for you and make this transaction happen in BTC!

If we get a real offer in BTC, we may be in touch!
Vod is a liar

Well, there's a cash USD price for reference in the link I provided, feel free to submit an offer in BTC. If it's an offer with some legs, we'll make things more formal. Offers can be submitted here in this thread or to me via PM. If it starts getting serious, we'll jump on a call to take things to the next level.
legendary
Vod is a liar
Guys,

No need to argue this.

What ever needs to take place here legally, will take place to protect both the buyer and the seller. This is a legitimate sale and if there are a few hoops to jump through for the title company, we'll get our jumping shoes on.

I understand this is a unique offering and if it ends up happening will be a unique sale that will likely grab some public attention. We're prepared to deal with what obstacles we need to deal with to make this happen. Just wanted to make any potential buyer aware of that fact.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
It's ok if you don't have experience with real estate transactions in the US and Europe. I'm happy to explain a bit to you. A title company's role goes far beyond a financial intermediary. A mass adoption of BitCoin will not change the fact that you can not simply give money to a person and get real estate in return. How do you know what you're getting?  

The role as a financial intermediary in a real estate transaction isn't a title company's primary role and isn't at all the point.

How do you know that you're getting what the seller says when you send him money for the property? How do you know you aren't paying 5000BTC for a property with $6Mil USD liens against it. How do you know that all prior owner liens have been properly cleared and won't be your liability (happens all the time).  How do you know that a guy posting in a forum is the owner at all?

Title companies don't earn any profit from interest or anything else from buyers or sellers. In fact, this is illegal.  The money intermediary part if the transaction is an operating loss for a title company.

I agree with you, escrows will go away with BitCoin transfers, good riddance. But if you send someone BitCoin or any other currency for real estate and think you own it just like that and no one will get defrauded, you're dreaming.

There are some necessary controls in place in our world that work to protect people. I'm obviously a believer in BitCoin and looking forward to introducing new ways for the general public to be able to "on ramp" into the BitCoin ecosystem.  

Without title companies accepting BitCoin, no one will really be able to buy real estate using BTC, that's a fact.
Stay tuned for more details...
legendary
I'd get so laid if I had that :/
Pages:
Jump to: