Pages:
Author

Topic: Madeira and Prospera "adopting bitcoin" - page 3. (Read 387 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1643
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
April 07, 2022, 11:35:17 AM
The president of Madeira (an autonomous region in Portugal) just announced adopting bitcoin as a legal tender. Some stats about the country:

Quote from: Google
Area: 801 km²
Elevation: 1,862 m
Population: 253,945 (2019)
GDP: ~4.5$ billion

Prospera (An island in Honduras) has also announced the same thing.

Obviously, these two are not as big as El Salvador, but it's still a big step forward. Your thoughts?

The announcements were made at the Bitcoin conference a few minutes ago.

That does seem slightly impressive and I, as a Bitcoiner am always proud and happy to see Bitcoin being adopted more and more. However 250k people is not all that impressive. I do hope bigger countries start jumping on the Bitcoin bandwagon soon. Its obvious that Bitcoin will get adopted and turned into the world currency at some point. I just want that to happen sooner than later.

Small steps to world domination I guess Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
April 07, 2022, 11:25:52 AM
The announcement was made at the Bitcoin conference a few minutes ago. What are your thoughts?
Portugal has always been very crypto-friendly, knowing now that Madeira is doing doing the same that the city of Lugano (Switzerland) did is just great! Especially because at this point I hope those countries are using Madeira and Lugano as a test, so eventually bitcoin will be accepted on the whole territory!
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299
April 07, 2022, 11:23:55 AM
The president of Madeira (an autonomous region in Portugal) just announced adopting bitcoin as a legal tender. Some stats about the country:

GDP: ~4.5$ GDP

The announcement was made at the Bitcoin conference a few minutes ago. What are your thoughts?

It is a small region, but every new usage opportunity is a positive.   I see you updated with the Honduras stuff, and that is good too. 

It is good to see it in various countries because then you can have competition for freedom within countries, not just between countries.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
April 07, 2022, 11:19:28 AM
The president of Madeira (an autonomous region in Portugal) just announced "adopting bitcoin" as a legal tender. Some stats about the country:

GDP: ~4.5$ billion

Prospera (An island in Honduras) has also announced the same thing.

Obviously, these two are not as big as El Salvador, but it's still a big step forward. Your thoughts?

The announcements were made at the Bitcoin conference a few minutes ago.

Edit: You can read more about this here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ninabambysheva/2022/04/07/two-new-territories-are-adopting-bitcoin/?sh=7fe4c5e2499a
Pages:
Jump to: