Pages:
Author

Topic: MagicalTux - let me translate - page 2. (Read 5544 times)

legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
March 12, 2014, 09:54:33 AM
I'm sorry to say this, but in reality he has no protection at all. Legal protection is a joke. If someone with the right connections or enough power wants to get to him, be it a government organization or a criminal organization they will. No protection on earth can protect him, and he should be very very afraid. But I don't think he's much afraid, as he seems completely disconnected from everything, he just does not function like a normal individual.

I have noticed there are quite a few people making veiled threats against the CEO in terms of 'some people might not be so reasonable' and 'some people believe the justice system won't save you', so just 'talk to us'.  They apologize of course and take the CEO's side in that they're just trying to help, allegedly. 
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
March 12, 2014, 09:48:43 AM
jaybny is the messiah...what was that about anyway? fbi?

I'm starting think that June 19 2011 was the day MagicalTux turned into Madoff. There was a big hack that pushed the price from 17 to .01. Lots of drama on the forum. Mark was all over the place, some wanted to bring in the FBI. do a search for 995 days ago..

http://www.dailytech.com/Inside+the+MegaHack+of+Bitcoin+the+Full+Story/article21942.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrikj7fy4MU

So what do you mean... what happened in 2011? Were these 400k bitcoins already gone?
There was no such big transaction on the blockchain, af far as i remember.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
March 12, 2014, 09:17:59 AM
He has bankruptcy protection.  He has no legal obligation to say anything right now.

I'm sorry to say this, but in reality he has no protection at all. Legal protection is a joke. If someone with the right connections or enough power wants to get to him, be it a government organization or a criminal organization they will. No protection on earth can protect him, and he should be very very afraid. But I don't think he's much afraid, as he seems completely disconnected from everything, he just does not function like a normal individual.

I don't have information one way or another that pertains to Mark, but you don't need to do much googling before you find countless cases about people getting into 'accidents' whose crime is to go against the wrong people or sticking their nose into something they didn't want to stick it into.

So any legal protection only goes as far as its respected by people overall. Legality is set aside every day. Mark not speaking about the situation only makes everything worse from the standpoint of the community.

I think most people put far too much trust into 'lawyers', 'police', 'judges' and the 'legal system'. These people are corrupted and compromized every day of the week around the globe, and if you can pay enough - you will have the best lawyers.

If Mark wanted to, he could sit down with someone independent, and everything could be mapped together, and presented to the community. But he never will - there's no interest in him for cleaning up his act, because he's a selfish bastard that do not care two cents about anyone else.

You can bet your life on the fact that he's stashed away enough btc for a lifetime to come though. Some people say that he can't run. He could if he wanted to. Some people point to the fact that he has a wife and a daughter. They don't realize that some men would drop their family in a heartbeat if that meant they could not have 500 million dollars in hand.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
March 12, 2014, 07:52:58 AM
So the important question, did you still have money on gox?  Wink
Activity: 410
Merit: 250
Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com
March 12, 2014, 03:17:25 AM

I'm starting think that June 19 2011 was the day MagicalTux turned into Madoff. There was a big hack that pushed the price from 17 to .01. Lots of drama on the forum. Mark was all over the place, some wanted to bring in the FBI. do a search for 995 days ago..

http://www.dailytech.com/Inside+the+MegaHack+of+Bitcoin+the+Full+Story/article21942.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrikj7fy4MU

Activity: 364
Merit: 257
March 12, 2014, 03:10:13 AM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
March 12, 2014, 02:56:26 AM
And who are you? Why would he want to personally call you, when everyone and their mom also wants to speak with this guy.

look at the date

Woooo oldie!!!!
Same Keeples?
March 12, 2014, 02:53:57 AM
And who are you? Why would he want to personally call you, when everyone and their mom also wants to speak with this guy.

look at the date
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
Owner@ CryptoFundingTracker.com
March 12, 2014, 01:36:57 AM
He has bankruptcy protection.  He has no legal obligation to say anything right now.  His primary concern is not tiding people over with an explanation.  No matter what he says, if he doesn't have the Bitcoins, it really doesn't make a big difference. 

Right now he's scrambling to try and protect himself from massive criminal charges which are going to be coming at him from every single angle.  The dude is fucked.  He lost $500 Million of customer funds.  There's no way that he didn't break some serious laws losing/stealing/disappearing that much money.

Mark Karpeles is worrying about Mark Karpeles.  The last person the dude gives a shit about right now is some guy holding 1.4 BTC on Gox.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
March 12, 2014, 01:24:05 AM
March 12, 2014, 12:51:47 AM
bump. he never did call me again.
June 20, 2011, 10:10:28 PM
Mark,

Either your a scam artist or its a total miscommunication. I leaning towards the latter.

If your interested in explaining your side to the Americans, I would be happy to interview you off record and avoid the miscommunications due to language and culture.

However, if FBI is involved... bad move. im out.

Just call me anytime, I believe you have my number from my emails.

J

Pages:
Jump to: