Pages:
Author

Topic: Magnr - World's First Bitcoin Savings Account - page 3. (Read 4928 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
Just pointing out a small bug (for me): If you fail login the first time on the login page, and the next time you enter the correct credentials, you won't be able to login as for the error message pops up: "ReCAPTCHA failed" or something like that.  The box for the captcha is still check marked. I have to refresh the page and reselect the box in order to log in.

Edit: Nevermind, it's working completely fine now...
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
more questions: where can I change my password? where can I enable 2fa?

That functionality is being pushed into production this week Smiley. (the underlying infrastructure already exists on BTC.sx, we are in the process of enabling it for Magnr.com)

and I noticed a 24 hours withdrawal delay. is there a plan to speed this process for smaller amounts?
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

That functionality is being pushed into production this week Smiley. (the underlying infrastructure already exists on BTC.sx, we are in the process of enabling it for Magnr.com)
legendary
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Join us in 2 hours for an 'Ask Me Anything' session at https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin

We are also speaking on the Whaleclub team speak server in 9 hours. We will be answering all your questions about Magnr and our team.
donator
And here is what the account screen looks like.

Our stance is to rebuild financial services from the ground up. We've taken our collective experience from the field of banking and finance and want to make Bitcoin the #1 currency in the world.

The financial services and banking industry has never had a worse reputation. We hope to change that by speeding up the digital currency revolution.

London has been the global hub of financial services for decades. By being based here, we get access to both the traditional finance industry and leading regulators too (which we are hoping influence in a positive way).

If anyone else would like to visit us and share a morning coffee, you are more then welcome.

Please email us on [email protected] or PM me (or the user Magnr)
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
Capco seems to be a company that does a lot with banking and the like, but I can't find any references to Btc.Sx or Magnr on their website. Strange.

They kindly have let us operate out of their space by their BoldRocket CEO.

We are open to visits if you email us in our support centre. Lets make this happen Smiley

*edit* the remit of BoldRocket is to revolutionise the banking industry. They are essentially the innovation arm of Capco.
Ah, I see. That explains everything, thank you. I would love to come visit, but the UK is a bit too far for me. Tongue
donator
Capco seems to be a company that does a lot with banking and the like, but I can't find any references to Btc.Sx or Magnr on their website. Strange.

They kindly have let us operate out of their space by their BoldRocket CEO.

We are open to visits if you email us in our support centre. Lets make this happen Smiley

*edit* the remit of BoldRocket is to revolutionise the banking industry. They are essentially the innovation arm of Capco.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
Yes. As stated for the third time, the interest comes from the trading fees Cheesy
Well, it's not explicitly stated in the OP that you use trading fees, just that the interest rate differs based on the activity of your exchange, so I kinda get the confusion. It is explicitly stated on your website, but not everything reads that.

Anyway, this seems pretty cool and I might give it a shot.

Hi its Joe here, founder of BTC.sx.

Our intention is to make this as transparent as possible. On-blockchain calculations for deposit and interest calculations are part of the way we are doing this.

By offering this service our goal is to build more reputable financial services for Bitcoin. My hope is that this is just the beginning of a much wider movement.

So what you're saying is that this isn't for profit, right? You're JUST doing this to help progress Bitcoin?
The benefits we gain from Magnr are increased publicity and awareness. We are currently considering various options to monetize Magnr in the future. Our business model ensures that for every one bitcoin deposited, at least one bitcoin can be withdrawn.

Got it. I do worry about losing BTC due to a hack, though (especially with just how many sites ARE being hit). Is there any special precaution that's being taken to keep this from happening? And is there any insurance on the deposits, in case something does happen?
legendary
Activity: 1630
What is the ETA on 2fa support? Just seems kinda dumb to me that I can login to my btc.sx account with 2fa but to login to my magnr account with the same password no 2fa is required

edit: also I have to ask what the logic is behind limiting interest to 10btc. Just anyone can create a second account with minimal effort needed.
Unfortunately it is on our list of priorities but we haven't been able to have this ready in time for launch. We hope to have it ready as soon as a few other post-launch priorities have been deployed.

We will be implementing AML/KYC down the road - this will make it harder to run second accounts. For now, the 10 BTC limit is to ensure that we don't get flooded with too many Bitcoin. This is really just a very prudent precaution as we have no data to predict the likely demand for Magnr.
So AML/KYC will be required in the future for all withdrawals?
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
Interesting, I will deposit some bitcoins and give it a go.  Just wondering, has anyone in the UK actually been to their office location mentioned on the "Contact Us" page?

c/o Capco | 77-79 Great Eastern Street, London, EC2A 3HU, United Kingdom
Keeping an eye on this service for journalistic purposes Smiley
Awesome! You can email me at josh.blatchford(at)mangr.com if you have further questions.
Yes. As stated for the third time, the interest comes from the trading fees Cheesy
Well, it's not explicitly stated in the OP that you use trading fees, just that the interest rate differs based on the activity of your exchange, so I kinda get the confusion. It is explicitly stated on your website, but not everything reads that.

Our intention is to make this as transparent as possible. On-blockchain calculations for deposit and interest calculations are part of the way we are doing this.

By offering this service our goal is to build more reputable financial services for Bitcoin. My hope is that this is just the beginning of a much wider movement.

So what you're saying is that this isn't for profit, right? You're JUST doing this to help progress Bitcoin?
The benefits we gain from Magnr are increased publicity and awareness. We are currently considering various options to monetize Magnr in the future. Our business model ensures that for every one bitcoin deposited, at least one bitcoin can be withdrawn.
What is the ETA on 2fa support? Just seems kinda dumb to me that I can login to my btc.sx account with 2fa but to login to my magnr account with the same password no 2fa is required

edit: also I have to ask what the logic is behind limiting interest to 10btc. Just anyone can create a second account with minimal effort needed.
Unfortunately it is on our list of priorities but we haven't been able to have this ready in time for launch. We hope to have it ready as soon as a few other post-launch priorities have been deployed.

We will be implementing AML/KYC down the road - this will make it harder to run second accounts. For now, the 10 BTC limit is to ensure that we don't get flooded with too many Bitcoin. This is really just a very prudent precaution as we have no data to predict the likely demand for Magnr.
Activity: 924
Lick me like a lolipop
Interesting. I'll be watching to see how this turns out. Could be a scam in the making. I hope not.
legendary
MULTI SIG STORAGE
Your savings account is not protected by just one password. It is protected by three passwords and a hierarchical wallet structure.

this is very important. could you please elaborate?
Our Multisig technology is provided by Bitgo. We own a private key to sign transactions, another backup private key and then BitGo own the third private key. Based on customer feedback on Reddit, we hope to give users the option to own a private key down the road. The hierarchical wallet structure allows us to better manage our deposits by backing up the seed wallet to prevent other wallet backups being invalidated.

I hope this covers everything, but let us know if there any more specific questions that come to mind. 

great, thank you! if you find a solution to give users their private key I'm in!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Keeping an eye on this service for journalistic purposes Smiley
MULTI SIG STORAGE
Your savings account is not protected by just one password. It is protected by three passwords and a hierarchical wallet structure.

this is very important. could you please elaborate?
Our Multisig technology is provided by Bitgo. We own a private key to sign transactions, another backup private key and then BitGo own the third private key. Based on customer feedback on Reddit, we hope to give users the option to own a private key down the road. The hierarchical wallet structure allows us to better manage our deposits by backing up the seed wallet to prevent other wallet backups being invalidated.

I hope this covers everything, but let us know if there any more specific questions that come to mind. 
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

Pages:
Jump to: