Pages:
Author

Topic: Maidsafe, Sia or Storj, which one do you like the most? - page 2. (Read 3138 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Back in the days, I had some issues with the Sia wallet, meaning it was a bit unpractical for me to login using a VERY long password, which you used to type in a blind fashion. Also the command line was a bit unpractical for me with long synchronization time. I am sure Sia is working better now than during its first days.

The Storj software used to work very good for me in windows as well as Linux. It has been quite long time since I do not participate any longer in those projects. However, I kept a bit of their coins.
The interesting thing is that Sia some weeks ago started to wake up increasing its value, the same happened with Storj.

Interestingly enough, Golem is the new and first digital asset featured in the quite famous EXODUS desktop multi-wallet. It was a bit surprising to see the first digital asset "Golem" together with 5 digital currencies BTC, DASH, ETHEREUM, LITECOIN and DOGECOIN.

What do you think guys having Golem within the EXODUS wallet, together with: BTC, DASH, ETHEREUM, LITECOIN and DOGECOIN? Does it mean something to you?

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
BTC=1GjeqWFLc4TBDg3bwdQk9ZWnEoNPCT9t6G
I'm thinking Maidsafe.Then Golem, however, I couldn't pick one over the other really they are all good.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
I first invested in Storj. Later in Maidsafe and recently in Sia. So I am in for all three projects. The reason is simple. It is really hard to predict which one will succeed in the end. Probably all three will succeed but the experience says that one will them eat all. All three have there advantages and drawbacks and therefore I am invested in all. Personally I still like StorJ at most.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
Storj with different innovation, and it should be become long term project. Storj is the best coin in my opinion. he is different with another coin. that's something new/
Activity: 265
Merit: 100
Merit: 250
Nice to hear your comments; how do you think Golem might fit here?
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
i have all of the coins you mention although the amount is not big as other people but i think its enough for me to start to trade it with btc. i am waiting the next increase for this coins too like other people.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I like Sia the most. I haven't actually used MaidSafe or Storj though.

I like Sia b/c they actually have a minimum viable product, which is a rare find in cryptoland.

MaidSafe I admit I haven't looked much into, but I am deterred b/c they've been at it for like 15 years, and no real results.

Storj I dislike b/c of the trusted bridge.
Maidsafe, Sia or Storj, which one do you like the most?

Decentralized storage solutions are a great way to address centralized server issues. Various cryptocurrency projects are working towards achieving this goal. They are Maidsafe, Sia and Storj, which one do you like the most?

Maidsafe not only look to improve decentralized storage, but they are also big fans of improved efficiency. Maidsafe aims to become a crowd-sourced internet, removing any threats related to data theft and surveillance. Moreover, everyone who provides unused computing resources to SAFE will allow users to get paid in the native safecoin token.

Sia is all about providing decentralized and incentivized storage competitive with centralized alternatives such as Amazon S3. Sia has a strong focus on the enterprise sector and providing a fast, reliable, and cost-efficient service. Sia supports on-blockchain smart contracts incentivizing hosts to store files if they want to get paid.

Storj shares a lot of similarities with how Sia developers are going about their decentralized storage model, yet it does not offer on-chain smart contracts in its current iteration. Automating agreements between hosters and uploaders is well worth exploring moving forward, although their pay-as-you-go model has a lot of potential as well.

Do you have experience using/testing Maidsafe, Sia or Storj, which one do you like the most?
Pages:
Jump to: