Pages:
Author

Topic: Making a living online (recreate) - page 3. (Read 2585 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 511
October 22, 2015, 05:54:40 AM
I really agree coding is the way to go, i'm learning javascript at the moment but it is really hard.
But I found a great website that helps me learn all kinds of coding skills:

https://www.codecademy.com/

The Javascript is a 10 hour course, but i am wondering you have a lot of different options like:
Ruby, html, phyton and I dont really know what to choose maybe someone can help me with that.

Because making a good website is really a good option to make some money, or to start your own business online.

And maybe another idea is making music, it's not online but still on your computer and you only have to make 1 good song to make a lot of money if you do it right!
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
October 22, 2015, 03:49:05 AM
Why not code for others? Or create services people like?

If i would live in a country that is not Switzerland i could easily live from one Website i have and the Adsense income on there. The website is simple and needs barely maintaince, but i managed to make something, that already exists in several variations, so simple and that people started to use it.

Sounds simple, but in reality it isn't.
You need a big portfolio and a very good reputation before people actually hire you to do some coding, unless you charge <$5/hour ... The bottom side of the market is full of people from india, china, students making beer money,... The top side of the market is full of big-portfolio, big reputation coders. It's pretty hard to make a living if you live in a country where you need at least $15-$20/hour to make ends meet.

As mentioned i am from Switzerland so i see your point.

I can barely work for anything not from Switzerland or maybe Sweden as they have for me unrealistic ideas about my loan.

I did some Websites when i was younger for small companies around me, simple Wordpress installations with a little modified themes for easily 500€. Most people found that price ok and my portfolio was growing in a natural way. I also referred people (and still do) to my Github. Most understand barely anything from looking at it, but they see enough stuff that they get the impression that i know my shit. Next to that i also have dummy projects (or visual experiments) which i like to link. Frankly, without any kind of Portfolio its hard to find a job anyway.

Personally i've never seen a big issue with cheap indians or chinese as most people seem to think they wont be able to do proper work anyway. What is wrong on one site, but clearly the worse communication leads to worse results.

I still think you should create something people want, instead of trying to mine pennies somewhere. Or create your own penny mining site!
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 5123
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
October 22, 2015, 03:37:19 AM

If i would live in a country that is not Switzerland i could easily live from one Website i have and the Adsense income on there. The website is simple and needs barely maintaince, but i managed to make something, that already exists in several variations, so simple and that people started to use it.

Sounds simple, but in reality it isn't.
You need a big portfolio and a very good reputation before people actually hire you to do some coding, unless you charge <$5/hour ... The bottom side of the market is full of people from india, china, students making beer money,... The top side of the market is full of big-portfolio, big reputation coders. It's pretty hard to make a living if you live in a country where you need at least $15-$20/hour to make ends meet.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
October 22, 2015, 03:33:46 AM

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
October 22, 2015, 03:28:49 AM

I might want to teach myself some new coding languages and code some bots from these games. Friends of mine in real life have talked about selling botted WoW accounts. Anyone who has that kind of skill and has already shelled out for a high performance gaming rig could make a killing
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7
October 22, 2015, 03:13:28 AM
Another one to add to your botting ist would be botting of games, according to news some chinese make their income/extra incomes entirely from runescape and WOW gold: http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/i-make-thousands-of-dollars-a-month-from-playing-computer-games
https://tribot.org/forums/topic/27173-guide-to-a-247-botter/ and http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2011/06/02/chinese-prisoners-forced-to-farm-world-of-warcraft-gold/
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
October 22, 2015, 03:06:06 AM
I am trying this thread over again. In the previous thread that I created, I was trying to provoke a thoughtful and meaningful discussion about the various ways of making money on the internet. While I will to admit to writing bots in VB.NET for Swagbucks years ago, I think it's pretty uncool to bot a thread and forum not making money inherently in itself as Swagbucks does, and I think it is a bit unethical to spam or bot the little man. Even Robin Hood didn't steal from the poor.

That being said, I am starting this over again. What are some reliable legitimate, proven ways of earning an income online? My answer to this question would be: if you know how to code, at the end of the day you can be your own boss. Anybody who is a hobbist computer programmer has the potential to get hired for paid work. At the end of the day if you have a talent that is needed you will make money. Why do you think online marketing is such a big industry? Those who are good get hired to promote others websites.

If you are talent-less, there are always signature campaigns, filling out surveys, doing captchas, installing junk on your phone and faucets. That being said, it would be wise to combine all of the above to make a stream of extra income online. For those with low income, you might be able to get by with your low income benefits as well as the combined income of the previously mentioned methods, but don't think you can get by.

And if you're going to spam this thread again, upload the source of your bot to http://www.github.com and, if you have the wit to do it, I will give you a job to test the security of my lending project! All you have to do is realize that it's pointless using your coding skills in that way and if you think for a quick second - not like a computer, but a human being, the social consequences of spamming the fuck out of the same thread and raping the shit out of this forum with signature campaigns isn't cool, and it limits opportunity to the rest of us who could definitely use the extra income from signature campaigns.
Pages:
Jump to: