Pages:
Author

Topic: Making money on Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 1914 times)

alh
legendary
Activity: 1844
Merit: 1050
September 25, 2015, 01:59:18 AM
My simplistic understanding is that electric rates in the UK are quite high (i.e. in excess of $.20/KWh). If my figure is roughly close (or low), then as soon as you run an S3 for an hour, you are behind. In other words, it won't even pay for it's electricity cost. May be an S7 could pay the electric bill, but it would never pay for it's purchase price in the UK, unless rates are way lower than I think.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
September 24, 2015, 06:16:34 AM
The real issue is usually electric cost, at least as much as the cost of the miner per GH.

ANY miner can achieve RoI if your electric is free, most can probably achieve it if your electric is 3 cents/KWH or less.

S5 is a bit less than 2 Ghs/Watt - 1155 rated GHs for 590 rated (but commonly a hair more) watts "at the wall".

Every time I've tried to use coinwarz in the last 3-4 months I get a "can't connect" error, I'd go with the bitcoinwisdom calculator anyway as it's more flexable.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
September 24, 2015, 03:18:43 AM
it depend on your bills cost, but the s7 is currently at 4ghs/w, which is pretty good, s5 is around half of that

with the first oen there is profit up to $0.20 kw/h, it should be good for many people, not for me though lol
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
September 23, 2015, 06:41:37 PM
You have to factor your area in the UK's cost per kW in dollars. ($/KW) The Antminer's speed, the S3 is quite outdated, the S5s and S7s are much better and more recent options at a higher price. ($400 and $1843 respectively) Also, don't forget about the difficulty factors and *finally* the pool fees. I only got a negative profit rate when I typed the $/KW factor in wrong. Review the information that you put into the profit calculator.

I suggest that you check out this calculator, it has played itself out in my experience very effectively.
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator

My favorite ROI calculator is https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator works very nice.   Coinwarz is ok for current but future does not do to good.

OP what is your electricity price?  Also what is your import/vat?   These help show if mining is possible where you are.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Hello there!
September 23, 2015, 05:18:50 PM
You have to factor your area in the UK's cost per kW in dollars. ($/KW) The Antminer's speed, the S3 is quite outdated, the S5s and S7s are much better and more recent options at a higher price. ($400 and $1843 respectively) Also, don't forget about the difficulty factors and *finally* the pool fees. I only got a negative profit rate when I typed the $/KW factor in wrong. Review the information that you put into the profit calculator.

I suggest that you check out this calculator, it has played itself out in my experience very effectively.
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
September 23, 2015, 03:13:10 PM
Hi,

I've been reading and making simulation on bitcoin calculator for about one month, and I dont think i can manage to make some money with ASIC like the Antmiter S3+ 453GH/s.

I currently living in the uk and using the calculators, I am always getting negative values no matter the miner I choose. Can some advise me on the best way to make some profit and what solutions are you using?

By the way does any one knows if there is a treshold  (GHs/W) where it starts to be profitable?

Many thanks

Filipe

Pages:
Jump to: