Pages:
Author

Topic: managing capital in day trading - page 2. (Read 205 times)

Activity: 2184
Merit: 470
Telegram: @jperryC
February 18, 2020, 11:28:18 AM
So what do people recommend - what is an acceptable amount to put into tradres and how do I calculate that and what is a good stop loss percentage 

This is only my own recommendation. I think any amount is acceptable into trade as long as you're capable of handling things that may happen such as losing it in some worst case scenario.

Any amount will do as long as you can handle the risk. According to some articles and courses that I've enrolled most of the suggestions of the lecturer was to do a 1:4 stop loss ratio where in you're going to get out once you lose 1% of your investment and get out once you have a 4% profit but it stated there that you can increase your profit % the higher the better but if you want an assurance profit you should get out at 4%
Activity: 169
Merit: 7
February 18, 2020, 09:53:17 AM
OK I have had a good week day trading on binance even with the weekend pull back. I am thinking of increasing the amount I trade and maybe take a larger risk, basically move from beer money to rent money. I am looking at capital and what I will need.
I normally trade coins 20-25% of my portfolio for 1% return and I am trying to figure out what my capital should be
While I can do the math on how much I need on paper to achieve trading goals my main issue is capital and what each market can take and get my buy and sell orders filled.
I dont want to set walls on myself that cant be broken.

Also I need to develop a better risk management system when it comes to stop loss. I red an article about regular day trading and it suggested a 1.5% profit target and 0.5% stop loss. The only issue with that is as we know a crypto coin can wick 5% either way in a 5 minute candle
0.5% seem way too tight for crypto.
So what do people recommend - what is an acceptable amount to put into tradres and how do I calculate that and what is a good stop loss percentage 
Pages:
Jump to: