Pages:
Author

Topic: Many got REKT :( - page 3. (Read 762 times)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 100
C O M B O
May 29, 2021, 05:18:54 PM
I been loss about 50% now, but iam not loss before i sell the coins, so i keep holding it. In my opinion the market now in accumulation phase and will take a few month, then try to rebound. The bearish trend like in 2018 can be happen again, but my prediction, not now for that because that too early.
What can you do though, you sell at a 50% loss or do the rational thing which is hodling. And you did just that, I have similar experience with you so I understand how uneasy the feeling is with a lot of people cutting their losses.

It's a shame if you still hold Bitcoin, because the price of bitcoin is an indication that it is indeed a bearish trend,
my advice is that you better place a stop loss in your trading setup, because it can reduce losses and be able to buy back again,
if you only hold then you really are. strong people, we don't know what the future will be like, so don't be greedy
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 29, 2021, 06:07:17 AM
I been loss about 50% now, but iam not loss before i sell the coins, so i keep holding it. In my opinion the market now in accumulation phase and will take a few month, then try to rebound. The bearish trend like in 2018 can be happen again, but my prediction, not now for that because that too early.
What can you do though, you sell at a 50% loss or do the rational thing which is hodling. And you did just that, I have similar experience with you so I understand how uneasy the feeling is with a lot of people cutting their losses.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
May 29, 2021, 12:56:52 AM

You are not at loss if you are not selling, although when you open your portfolio, you might see a -50% loss. And you can't do anything, just continue to hold and see how it goes in the next 6 months. I know it's mentally tough to see bitcoin down like this, but this corrections need to happen.

Others will argue that this is healthy in the long run, as investors and speculators like us, average Joe, can still invest at a cheap price. I also agree that we are not in the bearish trend similar to 2018 yet, to early to call that.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
May 29, 2021, 12:04:52 AM
Activity: 560
Merit: 217
May 28, 2021, 01:45:16 PM
Who did an exit strategy before the worst dip?

As long as btc above $20k i am still holding. In this cycle i bought relatively dip last year so i am not worry about this price ( still in profit ). I will set exit strategy if it is confirmed we are finish in bullish phase. I have set my target for btc  is above $100k. I know its very optimist but time will tell. Dont get shaken out by whale !!!
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
May 28, 2021, 01:16:38 PM
Many had to say that selling is not the best option, but to ask how you could generate income if you don't sell? Do we have to buy Bitcoin and hold it until we die? It finds to be funny...
and there is a reason why people sell their Bitcoin and there is also a reason why they HOLD. We got REkt because we overly expecting that Bitcoin will pumps even it was clear to see that it was declining and not able to sell. Maybe, if you can afford to wait another 3-5 years then go for it but we know that not all people have that kind of mindset and we can't blame them.

There are people who are willing to take that step, waiting and continue to hold believing that it will bounce back.

Though you are right, there are many reasons and each of those traders and investors have their own expectations

in looking for the best possible ways to earn from this market situations, needs to have a good setup plans in order

work with your investment.

All of us want to be profitable but not everyone knows how to do the right decision when we are already in the situation. If we are too greedy, we will miss the good opportunity to sell, we will be played by the market volatility because of the weak emotion that would cause us to make a bad decision.

the way is easy, don't get hit by FUD and always take profit when you trade,
place a stop loss and don't be greedy, this is only one way to get better and away from the word REKT,
we all understand about the nature of crypto currencies, yes High volatility is a characteristic of the cryptocurrency itself
One thing i do always have in mind when i do trade is to secure out profits no matter how small the percentage is then that would always counts then make out some compounding

profit which you would be the one on handling out because you would make out decisions basing up with your skills/knowledge and experience.

You would really get wrecked if you do let yourself get greedy in times where opportunity is still in front of you but remember that this isnt always the same scenario could happen.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 100
Combo Network
May 28, 2021, 12:48:29 PM
Many had to say that selling is not the best option, but to ask how you could generate income if you don't sell? Do we have to buy Bitcoin and hold it until we die? It finds to be funny...
and there is a reason why people sell their Bitcoin and there is also a reason why they HOLD. We got REkt because we overly expecting that Bitcoin will pumps even it was clear to see that it was declining and not able to sell. Maybe, if you can afford to wait another 3-5 years then go for it but we know that not all people have that kind of mindset and we can't blame them.

There are people who are willing to take that step, waiting and continue to hold believing that it will bounce back.

Though you are right, there are many reasons and each of those traders and investors have their own expectations

in looking for the best possible ways to earn from this market situations, needs to have a good setup plans in order

All of us want to be profitable but not everyone knows how to do the right decision when we are already in the situation. If we are too greedy, we will miss the good opportunity to sell, we will be played by the market volatility because of the weak emotion that would cause us to make a bad decision.

the way is easy, don't get hit by FUD and always take profit when you trade,
place a stop loss and don't be greedy, this is only one way to get better and away from the word REKT,
we all understand about the nature of crypto currencies, yes High volatility is a characteristic of the cryptocurrency itself
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
May 28, 2021, 11:52:45 AM

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
May 28, 2021, 11:47:32 AM

Activity: 2912
Merit: 674
May 28, 2021, 11:39:23 AM
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
May 28, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
Fortunately for my I trade futures strictly. Whenever I notice a change in the trend or a slow-down in the uptrend. I switch from trading Inverse perpetual futures contracts to USDT perpetual futures contracts.

So no matter how deep the market goes, my initial margin never gets affected whether I am shorting or not. I also usually use reasonably tight stop losses
You must be really vast in trading cryptos, the way you explained it makes it look easy. I just stick to trading spot and don't do margin trading. It surprises me when people say dey got rekt trading. The only thing that can explain this situation happening within a short time is if traders trigger trades without stoploss and then allow the trades run with the belief it will revert to profit. I think as traders, caution should be exercised knowing well that trading is a profession and should be handled as a serious business. It's just the way we believe now that Bitcoin will rebound and head north, and then someone throws in all their life savings into buying it. This is a speculative business. Nothing is certain that it must happen the way we think it. Bitcoin could dip even from here for days before going up again. If that begins to happen that's where panic sets in for the trader and massive loss could ensue. The simple thing is that all should trade with caution, at all time.
Activity: 868
Merit: 63
May 28, 2021, 06:44:07 AM
I wouldn't say that it is the worst dip, the prices are still going high and 30k is still a lot of money, unless you bought above 30k then you have the right to be sad that the prices are going down and if you hodl long enough, you might be able to get a profit because the prices are going to go up.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
May 27, 2021, 10:52:35 PM

I did, and in fact, I'm still not buying now as I believe we will see more dip.

Bitcoin is recovering but it could be another bull trap, so I'll just watch and relax while waiting for another dip.

I don't use charts a lot, I follow the news and speculation, it's been so effective for me.
Maybe I could be wrong, but this is the game, we are in a big guessing game.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 253
May 27, 2021, 10:20:49 PM
Many got rekt because they are lack of knowledge in doing trade in the exchange site platform mate.
But if you are full of idea and wisdom about in crypto trading or bitcoin trading I am sure that none of the
community here will not gonna rekt in the end for sure. Instead, they're gonna get a nice profit in the end,
knowledge and experience is the best shield not to get rekt...

The bearish market really makes a mental decline and surely many will panic and sell, those who hold will definitely not rectify because they understand that the market is only temporarily correcting, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Exactly, if you have enough knowledge or at least have the experience, then definitely, you should have at least mitigate during the sign of a looming bearish market.

But we really don't know that this is coming, so I doubt that many hedge their bitcoin. Maybe we still hold and hope that the bull run will resume, because that's what we wanted to see. So we really need to be very careful now, hard to predict where the market is going. We don't know if we have reach the top or not.
for investors this may not be a problem. but for swing traders, maybe you still have to anticipate if the decline continues, because no one really knows where the market will run. therefore for me securing capital is the most important, because there are still tomorrows to look for profit opportunities
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
May 27, 2021, 09:28:44 PM
Many got rekt because they are lack of knowledge in doing trade in the exchange site platform mate.
But if you are full of idea and wisdom about in crypto trading or bitcoin trading I am sure that none of the
community here will not gonna rekt in the end for sure. Instead, they're gonna get a nice profit in the end,

The bearish market really makes a mental decline and surely many will panic and sell, those who hold will definitely not rectify because they understand that the market is only temporarily correcting, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Exactly, if you have enough knowledge or at least have the experience, then definitely, you should have at least mitigate during the sign of a looming bearish market.

But we really don't know that this is coming, so I doubt that many hedge their bitcoin. Maybe we still hold and hope that the bull run will resume, because that's what we wanted to see. So we really need to be very careful now, hard to predict where the market is going. We don't know if we have reach the top or not.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 362
May 27, 2021, 04:45:28 PM

Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
May 27, 2021, 04:27:36 PM
There are those who got wisdom yet they still get rekt. Experience helps a lot in this market and that's what most are lack of especially those who have been rekt.

The time used to become familiarized with this market helps those who have been rekt before to avoid what has been experiencing by most of the newbies today. Just like me, I've been there and just continued and didn't become discouraged when I've lost a lot.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 162
May 27, 2021, 03:54:37 PM

I did not. And it wont makes me worry that much as Ive seen this market situation before. And what makes me confident about crypto volatility is that it tends to recover after few months and will go bullish again. If youre a long term holder and you have experienced many dips before, this wont affect your belief of acquiring profits.
Exit strategy is made with a goal that token will reach some price point. I look that in that way. The dips doesn't affect that. Also there are ways to make exit strategies in bull run and that is other thing in general.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
May 27, 2021, 03:38:06 PM
The best strategy is to understand that the market is cyclical, and sooner or later there will be a recession after an increase or an increase after a recession.

If you understand the market in this manner then it should be obvious to you that holding has to be the most effective strategy against all market condition. Not always outing smarting the market plays out as expected. The market sentiment can change any moment, living you stranded if you had just hope on the market playing out as you have imagined.

As the industry continue progressing we'll be having newbie falling to this same trap of bearish seasons after a rally of upward movement from the market. These uncertainties are what makes the industry very attractive to investors as it create opportunity to become financial stable.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
May 26, 2021, 10:39:44 PM

I did not. And it wont makes me worry that much as Ive seen this market situation before. And what makes me confident about crypto volatility is that it tends to recover after few months and will go bullish again. If youre a long term holder and you have experienced many dips before, this wont affect your belief of acquiring profits.
Pages:
Jump to: