Pages:
Author

Topic: Many tiny incoming transactions = bad/expensive to spend? - page 2. (Read 2017 times)

Activity: 374
Merit: 250
Tune in to Neocash Radio
You can also use the custom transaction interface with a blockchain.info wallet. 

Just put your inputs as

.92BTC +                                      .5BTC payment
dust transaction        ------>          .42 + dust payment

With blockchain.info this works best if there is only one dust transaction at that address. 
The raw transaction should do something similar and I believe it can resolve the issue of many dust payments to one address. 

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4771
Yes, there is truth to it.

Getting peers to relay a transaction that has many tiny value inputs, and getting a miner to include that transaction in a block can require a hefty transaction fee.  If you have a large enough quantity of small enough inputs, the fee needed can be substantially higher that the amount you are trying to send.

There isn't an easy way for the average user to make the "bad" bitcoins (often referred to as "dust") good.  If anyone sends you such transactions you should let them know that you would prefer that they wait until you've built up a value that is closer to $0.01 and then send it all at once in a single transaction.  Perhaps let them know that you will be refusing to use their service anymore until they put such a practice in place.

If you are technically inclined, you can use raw transactions to combine the dust with a single larger value input that you have the private key to.
Activity: 740
Merit: 500
Hello world!
I have received a number of tiny bitcoin transactions, as low as 1 satoshi.

Now from what I can gather, there seems to be some sort of issue spending the bitcoins that are made up of all these tiny incoming transactions?

Is there any truth to this, and how do I make my "bad" bitcoin good?
Pages:
Jump to: