Pages:
Author

Topic: MapleCoin To Launch March 22nd - page 2. (Read 13284 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
April 03, 2014, 03:15:34 PM
we have liftoff  Shocked
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
April 03, 2014, 01:45:50 PM

understood -- and BTW these nation coins (I mean those that usually come as "countryName" plus "coin") are some of the dumbest ideas in the entire Crypto space anyway, defying the entire concept of what DECENTRALIZED p2p Crypto coins or wider "Bitcoin Neutrality" should be.

Greececoin, Australiacoin, Germanycoin, Nigeriacoin, Spaincoin, BullCityCoin and even EuroCoin, MeditarraneanCoin and Auroracoin (the row of idiocities is endless) -- they all failed to get the first thing/basic concept of real Cryptos (even if they claim they were supposedly "open" to "outsiders" which they are not really), namely that they can only succeed if used internationally. Focusing on ANY geographic area preempts the whole BTC concept (as well as the one of viable Altcoins) though!

Let them all fail as miserably as they deserve, this is what *competition among currencies* is all about. Let the free market decide -- and soon (for the sake of saving unnecessary hashing power and tons of CO2 and electricity wasted)...

I'm not very fond of most nation coins either. I expect it all will burn out eventually, or perhaps they have already. That said, there could be some valid reasons for a geographical region to support their own coin.
Maza is one example, due to possible govt. interference with indians adopting bitcoin. Same for Iceland, if I recall correctly... although of course all it would take is for their govt. to regulate AUR, to put it in the same boat as bitcoin.

Most other 'nations'... nah... there could be perceived reasons for a specific coin, such as that dutch coin playing on sentimentality, or greececoin helping poor people, but in reality I don't think either will work out. And in the latter case, it is more of a made up reason from the devs to just make money. I wouldn't be surprised to see duplicate nation coins next, once all the popular nations are used up. Hopefully this whole thing dies off before it comes to that though.

Edit: And just now I see another Gulden coin is being released, making it two Dutch coins. It evidently has begun already.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
April 03, 2014, 01:06:46 PM
is there anyone that is able too sync his wallet, 0 connection i have

same here
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
April 03, 2014, 12:55:34 PM
same dev from mazacoin this is a scam DO NOT MINE THIS SHITCOIN

...and how is MAZACOIN a scam? Did I miss something?

I wouldn't say mazacoin is necessarily a scam. The creators just made a ton of mistakes ... and Payu evidently signed on a less than professional dev. I'm not sure if AP is still with maza or not, but Boxxa is.

Interestingly Ap/Boxxa has also been accused of stealing away Greececoin. And Australia Coin strangely has the same announcement font/appearance as Greececoin does. They may be churning out nation coins, I suppose.

understood -- and BTW these nation coins (I mean those that usually come as "countryName" plus "coin") are some of the dumbest ideas in the entire Crypto space anyway, defying the entire concept of what DECENTRALIZED p2p Crypto coins or wider "Bitcoin Neutrality" should be.

Greececoin, Australiacoin, Germanycoin, Nigeriacoin, Spaincoin, BullCityCoin and even EuroCoin, MeditarraneanCoin and Auroracoin (the row of idiocities is endless) -- they all failed to get the first thing/basic concept of real Cryptos (even if they claim they were supposedly "open" to "outsiders" which they are not really), namely that they can only succeed if used internationally. Focusing on ANY geographic area preempts the whole BTC concept (as well as the one of viable Altcoins) though!

Let them all fail as miserably as they deserve, this is what *competition among currencies* is all about. Let the free market decide -- and soon (for the sake of saving unnecessary hashing power and tons of CO2 and electricity wasted)...
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
@cryptominer
April 03, 2014, 12:37:21 PM
is there anyone that is able too sync his wallet, 0 connection i have
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
March 30, 2014, 03:57:57 PM

I wouldn't say mazacoin is necessarily a scam. The creators just made a ton of mistakes ... and Payu evidently signed on a less than professional dev. I'm not sure if AP is still with maza or not, but Boxxa is.

Interestingly Ap/Boxxa has also been accused of stealing away Greececoin. And Australia Coin strangely has the same announcement font/appearance as Greececoin does. They may be churning out nation coins, I suppose.
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
March 30, 2014, 03:54:10 PM

Activity: 616
March 30, 2014, 11:58:42 AM
hey dumbass dev, why don't you be less proactive promoting your stupid dice game on twitter and more proactive with promoting the coin in this thread and fixing the wallet. 

maple fails way harder than mzc.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
March 27, 2014, 03:43:10 PM
Someone might want to inform this guy he's way over his head.

No responses = no people mining = no confirmations = mass exodus/extinction.
Activity: 368
March 27, 2014, 08:24:36 AM
Don't know the mazacoin history that everyone is ranting about, can someone enlighten? 

The coin has not been well released, and there definitely seems to be a lack of presence; i.e.; web site down, delayed responses in forums, if any, etc.  Compared to many of the other coins, it's lacking.

Canadians are proud people, and are some of the most advanced bitcoin Users in the world.  Although we are itching to get behind something like this, if it's not done right, with the people in mind, this will flop BIG time!  And, alternatively, someone else will make a good go of the concept, using the coin for everything - including partnering with sugar bush providers to give Maple Syrup on a stick for coins (free coins given out), as the tree sap leaks from the trees in much of Canada right now!  That's what I'm talking about.  lol

:-)
March 27, 2014, 07:59:27 AM
Don't know the mazacoin history that everyone is ranting about, can someone enlighten? 
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
March 27, 2014, 01:49:48 AM

These worthless scammers are pathetic.  As are the fools that support these worthless crap coins.

This is just another scam.

SCAM SCAM SCAM

As a scam exposer I wonder what your definition of a scam is? I mean, no premine, no IPO ... so the dev is somehow scamming people out of money?

I'll say upfront that I see no point to this coin. It's a copycat of his maza coin, no unique features, no coins going to Canadians, and I see nothing really worthwhile in it. But I don't see any scam.

the scam is he is the same goof that made mazacoin................
March 27, 2014, 01:17:30 AM
Follow this/these maplecoin forums:

http://cryptominers.freeforums.org/maplecoin-users-guide-t67-10.html

More info there too.
March 27, 2014, 01:09:18 AM
Canada is full of miners and enthusiasts - use them!  Get the assistance required to deliver the required promotion and excitement…and technology :-) 

Need: web site, promotion, plan (give Canadians some coins - will spew excitement), dev involvement (and forum too) and transparency.

Let's make this country coin the best!!!
Activity: 616
March 27, 2014, 01:03:39 AM
Mined a bunch of coins, on 2 different pools, how come none confirmed?  It's been hours?!

it takes a while to confirm.  don't worry, they should confirm.

On another note... Dev, where are you?  And, where is the website?
March 27, 2014, 12:55:08 AM
Mined a bunch of coins, on 2 different pools, how come none confirmed?  It's been hours?!
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
Hi
March 26, 2014, 07:48:53 PM
What happened to the maplecoin.info website??? Been down for a while now.
Activity: 14
March 26, 2014, 10:09:18 AM
The wallet link just seems to freeze when I try to click download. Anyone else having troubles getting the wallet?

Wallet is broken, dont bother, try enter setting and it crashes.
Coin from scam developer, broken wallet, no future.
+ it stolen the name from Maples a coin from last autumn.

Wallets are indeed not completed. However, the blockchain is fine and wallets have basic function. Coins are all safe! I disagree that dev is scam developer. Whatever. This coin is not a scam coin. I am not saying to drop everything and mine it now. But, be warned. This coin is solid and when the wallets are polished, you will want to be mining this. That is all.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
March 24, 2014, 06:26:20 AM
Selling 200k

0.5BTC
Activity: 42
March 24, 2014, 02:42:45 AM
we need the identities of anonpirate......

if you have any info please post we have alot of mazacoin investors putting a bounty together...
Pages:
Jump to: