Pages:
Author

Topic: Marcchernandez scammed me for $500.00 - page 11. (Read 19150 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
Crypto entrepreneur and consultant
November 03, 2014, 12:04:27 PM
Got a Skrill chargeback from this guy for around 430 $. He said he'll refund me 2 days ago but I doubt at this point. Will remove the comment if things get settled somehow.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
November 03, 2014, 03:30:29 AM
https://localbitcoins.com/forums/#!/fraud#scammer-forallofthis-aka

No question about it, this guy is a scammer!

If you have his info, you should release it now before others get scammed. This is not a misunderstanding.. there are several complaints against him from several different people.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
November 03, 2014, 03:05:07 AM
Hi

I just seen this thread

I was also sent this guy small amount 50 paypal to test them as below

i have about 1.5btc available, you can send me any amount as long as it is equivalent to 1.5btc or less

my paypal ID is [email protected]

let me know your btc address
Hello Friend
I just able to transfer 50 USD

Transaction ID: 1KW60290VR2370258
You sent a payment for $50,00 USD to: MarcHenry Hernandez.

after first trade completed we will trade lot of funds soon

you can take you 10% fees as your profit and remaining amount pay back according to current price of BTC at the moment

waiting for you
thanks

and after it I contacted them many times but they just excuses and said will send btc soon in some days

and still nothing

this guy paypal id [email protected] like 8 years old paypal account so why I am going to trust them and was offered them send up to 1000 USD paypal monthly same as I always traded with other trusted exchangers
but this guy just took small 50 and still no single word from him

even I was ready send them more 450 USD paypal yesterday if they paid back me 50 pp of btc after 1 month but still no any word from him

anyways I again send them message on forum and sent email too if they can reply

thanks
legendary
Activity: 1120
November 02, 2014, 06:31:35 PM
Why do you think his localbitcoin profile was deleted?

https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/Marcchernandez/feedback/ - You can delete your account but feedback is still there. Notice "- $400 USD chargeback in Paypal".

He also had at least one other account when he first joined under this username. I mentioned it but nobody really cared. EDIT: Found old thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8128401

It's common for scammers to trade with trusted people and use escrow or they (the scammers) send first. Somehow this makes them "trusted" and then want others to send to them first. This is why you have to pay close attention to feedback and not consider anyone trusted because they've done a bunch of deals but never sent first.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 02, 2014, 03:59:00 AM
Either way, even if he sorts it out, he needs a red trust. He scammed someone and regardless of whether he makes good, his intention was to scam and that show a lot about his character.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
November 02, 2014, 03:56:59 AM
I have dealt with Marc on several occasions. Any reload cards that I trade with him, I load them directly to his card so no chance of him passing it on. He trust me enough to give me his debit card number for the loading.

I'll help you sort this out. I have his personal number, will contact him tomorrow if this hasn't been sorted out by then. But I will not be releasing any info about him unless proven a scammer.
November 01, 2014, 11:18:07 PM
He is about to fix this I think, so hopefully this story has a happy ending. He'll post here soon. I've done a lot of business with him so I'm glad to see him staying legit.
Anyone who does a man in the middle attack is not someone who can be trusted. Post his info, guaranteed he has scammed under a different screenname. You must be the first to have his real info which is why hes scared now and might pay those he faulted back this time...
November 01, 2014, 10:33:13 PM
I have an outstanding 0.4 BTC loan with Marcchernandez. I just took his account in my possession (he did not change his password from the last time he kept his account as collateral with me) https://bitcointalk.org/seclog.php

I think he just needs time to sort it out. I have asked secveg to provide me the chat logs. Since I think there is just a misunderstanding, I will not look into Marcchernandez's PMs for now.
He sold off the account cause hes a serial scammer. It was obvious for this guy. He did 3 or so trades them claimed he was trustworthy enough to be sent first to, and after that he waited for a big enough sale that he could quickly make.
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
November 01, 2014, 10:06:15 PM
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
November 01, 2014, 09:20:39 PM
Why would you not use escrow for such a large transaction? $500 works out to over 1.5 BTC and this is much too large to "trust" someone with.

Small figure...was not concerned about such a minuscule amount.
I would not consider $500 to be a small figure by any measure. I would say that $500 is at least 10 times as much as what you would need to use escrow as many people will scam from one 10th of the amount you were trading for. Some people in the lending section will try to scam for even .001 BTC

Unless you have traded with this person before multiple times, there is no reason why you should have not used escrow. It does not cost anything to use escrow and many people offer their services for free
legendary
Activity: 1050
November 01, 2014, 08:53:27 PM
How long back it was? An hour or two?

Bitcointalk members,

I believe I just uncovered something.
Conducting my own due diligence now with an update soon...

A ring of fraud if I may suggest.
Will report back soon.

Can you elaborate?

I would still give him the benefit of doubt. If you have a cell number call him up and see what happens.
legendary
November 01, 2014, 08:25:43 PM
How long back it was? An hour or two?
legendary
November 01, 2014, 08:13:42 PM
I have an outstanding 0.4 BTC loan with Marcchernandez. I just took his account in my possession (he did not change his password from the last time he kept his account as collateral with me) https://bitcointalk.org/seclog.php

I think he just needs time to sort it out. I have asked secveg to provide me the chat logs. Since I think there is just a misunderstanding, I will not look into Marcchernandez's PMs for now.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
November 01, 2014, 07:53:21 PM
Why would you not use escrow for such a large transaction? $500 works out to over 1.5 BTC and this is much too large to "trust" someone with.
Activity: 196
The cheddar breed jealousy
November 01, 2014, 06:43:42 PM
What happened:: I was conned out of $500 by Marcchernandez. The individual confirmed that he would send bitcoin @ 1:1 if I gave him MP. I sent him the MP and he started making up excuses and eventually vanished.

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/marcchernandez-361084

Reference Link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9399093
Amount Scammed: $500
Payment Method: Moneypak
Proof of Payment: Will send code via PM to confirm.
PM/Chat Logs: Will upload upon request.
Additional Notes: I was scammed $500 by this low-life addict.

I should have scrolled down and viewed the negative feedback in which he was left.
Perhaps if the negative trust from the previous victim showed up, this would have been avoided.

Thanks, have a nice day.
Pages:
Jump to: