Pages:
Author

Topic: Mark my words... - page 2. (Read 1927 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 07, 2014, 10:15:40 PM
Anyone who figures out a way to open a legit, US based btc exchange that doesn't require wire transfers or silly proof identity nonsense will be extremely wealthy. I love bitcoin and think it's the most important invention since the internet. However, the ways in which to purchase bitcoin have become more and more shady especially since the collapse of mt.gox. I should not have to wire money into some sketchy bank account in some random country to purchase btc. Obviously meeting up with someone is the best way to purchase however for people like me who live in the sticks, there aren't too many bitcoiners around who are willing to buy and sell.

No US Based BTC will be around for long by not following regulations.   It's a FINCEN requirement for silly proof of identity nonsense.  It sucks but welcome to the Unites States of Regulation.  
Activity: 342
February 07, 2014, 10:15:09 PM
If it were possible to do that - LEGALLY SPEAKING - then it would probably already exist.  That's not the direction this thing is headed in. 

It is not something to be complacent about, and anyone considering starting the kind of business you bring up would be asking for more trouble than they could ever predict.

How so?
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
February 07, 2014, 10:12:24 PM
If it were possible to do that - LEGALLY SPEAKING - then it would probably already exist.  That's not the direction this thing is headed in. 

It is not something to be complacent about, and anyone considering starting the kind of business you bring up would be asking for more trouble than they could ever predict.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
My name is Nikolay and am a webaholic.
February 07, 2014, 10:03:35 PM
Anyone who figures out a way to open a legit, US based btc exchange that doesn't require wire transfers or silly proof identity nonsense will be extremely wealthy. I love bitcoin and think it's the most important invention since the internet. However, the ways in which to purchase bitcoin have become more and more shady especially since the collapse of mt.gox. I should not have to wire money into some sketchy bank account in some random country to purchase btc. Obviously meeting up with someone is the best way to purchase however for people like me who live in the sticks, there aren't too many bitcoiners around who are willing to buy and sell.

No one can - they will be required to implement KYC and AML, which require those.
Activity: 342
February 07, 2014, 09:57:47 PM
Pages:
Jump to: