Pages:
Author

Topic: Mark Zuckerberg sold his cryptocurrency project Diem to Silvergate Bank - page 2. (Read 190 times)

Activity: 3038
Merit: 617
According to the official message published on the Diem website https://www.diem.com/en-us/updates/stuart-levey-statement-diem-asset-sale /, all assets and intellectual property rights of the project are transferred to the American bank Silvergate.

Obviously, the deal is the completion of attempts for Mark Zuckerberg company to create a payment network Diem, which previously had the name Libra before the rebranding.
I think this was expected because the majority of company partners who joined the project left it before changing it from Libra to Diem. The reasons are still unknown for the community. Also this made another question about the metaverse which will surely need a virtual currency as well. People thought about Diem to be used for maintaining it but now there should be another solutions to find a better alternative .

Somebody shouted abandon ship even when theyre not the captain. Whats surprising is that a company bought it. Facebook has no development actually for more than 2 years because of this LibraDiem project. All they did in that 2 years was integrate instagram and nothing else.  

They are up again to try another way which is Meta. But there is also many competing in this category so they are jammed together to compete.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
According to the official message published on the Diem website https://www.diem.com/en-us/updates/stuart-levey-statement-diem-asset-sale /, all assets and intellectual property rights of the project are transferred to the American bank Silvergate.

Obviously, the deal is the completion of attempts for Mark Zuckerberg company to create a payment network Diem, which previously had the name Libra before the rebranding.
I think this was expected because the majority of company partners who joined the project left it before changing it from Libra to Diem. The reasons are still unknown for the community. Also this made another question about the metaverse which will surely need a virtual currency as well. People thought about Diem to be used for maintaining it but now there should be another solutions to find a better alternative .
Activity: 1092
Merit: 227
Oh that’s something new now. Mark is always attachy with courts and government since the beginning of Facebook I believe. I am not sure why he did this but looks like some sort of pressure or may be a internal deal that they cracked. This is definitely not as per his roadmap I am pretty sure about that. If he wanted to create a payment system under his subsidiary then why the bank is involved by taking full charge of the same? Isn’t it is strange. I mean there are platforms like payer, PayPal, UPI systems which work independently but with banks. He could have done that easily!
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
For real? If yes, then it could be actually due to the government made them to do it anyway Facebook made money by selling the project instead of simply closing it but the ban which actually bought can create their own instead of buying an another project. Cheesy

Thanks for the info man.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon

Pages:
Jump to: