Pages:
Author

Topic: 'Market competition leads to better products for consumers' -Roger Ver - page 2. (Read 323 times)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
Saw this on twitter this morning from Roger Ver and I can't help but agree. Also interesting that he called out the Elixxir project in terms of competition. Does he mean against BTC?

https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/1125753143625523200
Yes, I am absolutely sure that many altcoins will successfully compete with Bitcoin in the future, especially if Bitcoin will not maintain its competitiveness. This is the law of any market and it is useless to argue with that. Bitcoin was the first type of cryptocurrency and therefore it has long been the most famous and popular. However, the world is constantly changing, along with Bitcoin, there are a lot of promising cryptocurrencies and the Bitcoin team will have to make a lot of efforts to keep it still for a long time the leader of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
Does he mean against BTC?
Yes, he means against BTC. Elixxir is backed up by David Chaum, a cryptographer and a PhD in computer sciences. However, I don't know how much the Elixxir project can be a real competition against BTC, despite the promising features, such as quantum cryptography, transaction speed, or enhanced privacy. Many projects nowadays promise the same, but they can by no means be a real competition to Bitcoin. IMO the strength of Bitcoin is primarily in its very competent dev team and of course in its powerful network. So there is no real competition in sight.

I am quite sure that Elixxir is a good platform that can be competing well in the marketplace soon. However, to compare it to Bitcoin at this stage...well I believe that may not be working for its marketing side. Yes, there had been a line-up of many good projects that at the start started to compare themselves to Bitcoin convincing us that they are better, faster and just much better but then where are they now? Bitcoin remains on the top though admittedly it may not be the best nor the fastest. Ultimately, the judge for this matter is the market and so far Bitcoin is having a continuing winning streak.
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
In the real sense of economy yes, but in crypto currency
We have witness even more worse products than before

I believe basic principles are not for crypto currencies
Activity: 406
Merit: 5
I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising
Saw this on twitter this morning from Roger Ver and I can't help but agree. Also interesting that he called out the Elixxir project in terms of competition. Does he mean against BTC?

Definitely competition should be welcomed in the crypto space but  proliferation of the same concept over and over in my opinion doesn't speak good.. I have even seen the same Roger ver supporting project with same usecase and I find it completely wrong in my opinion.. I hope Roger ver is not stylishly trying to shill elixir.. He refuses to focus on developing his own project but spends time promoting new projects everywhere and antagonizing the bitcoin network at every opportunity..
Activity: 1498
Merit: 596
I don't think so, let elixxir compete with other similar projects first before heading against Bitcoin.
Do you really think any other coins/tokens will ever be able to compete against Bitcoin no matter how good product or service they might have?

Total Market Cap: $186,897,594,154 

BTC Market Cap: $104,761,431,968
BTC Dominance:  56.1%

I really don't think so... just my opinion.  Smiley
Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

I agree with that statement, the more competitors in the market means the more companies try to create the better product. Well, about elixxir, I'm not really interested as there are so many same projects previously and none of them have a better product in my opinion.

I don't think so, let elixxir compete with other similar projects first before heading against Bitcoin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 246
Yes, he means against BTC. Elixxir is backed up by David Chaum, a cryptographer and a PhD in computer sciences. However, I don't know how much the Elixxir project can be a real competition against BTC, despite the promising features, such as quantum cryptography, transaction speed, or enhanced privacy. Many projects nowadays promise the same, but they can by no means be a real competition to Bitcoin. IMO the strength of Bitcoin is primarily in its very competent dev team and of course in its powerful network.

So there is no real competition in sight.
Activity: 312
Merit: 1

Pages:
Jump to: