Pages:
Author

Topic: Market Rate Essentially Flat Past 8 hrs - page 2. (Read 2845 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
February 28, 2014, 07:55:53 AM
While adoption traction cannot have been helped by the MtGox situation, hopefully some institutional investors will pull the trigger at these prices and support the market
Activity: 490
February 28, 2014, 07:54:33 AM
Get used to a $450-$700 range for the next few months at least
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
February 28, 2014, 06:18:54 AM
Well, there is likely about to be some crazy volatility considering the news about Mt. Gox that just came out. I suppose its still possible that everyone is going to be cautious these next few days and trade volume will be lower than usual.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 27, 2014, 10:58:34 PM
wow, I can't believe it, I'm ready to buy or sell if the market would just make a substantial move in either direction, but it keeps making tiny moves in alternate directions, I have not seen this all year (well for two months, ok)

any thoughts on what's keeping things flat?

Have you ever traded in any market before? This is standard.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
February 27, 2014, 06:35:41 PM
Like on April 2013, we're in a post-goxing period... it will stay flat till the next "event" that will make it go up or down. Question is which event will be? Another China/Cyprus or another government ban?

so how much do you think btc's value is attributed to hype? if you were to strip away all of the hype would the rate be higher or lower?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
February 27, 2014, 06:34:31 PM
Like on April 2013, we're in a post-goxing period... it will stay flat till the next "event" that will make it go up or down. Question is which event will be? Another China/Cyprus or another government ban?
Another Cyprus event is more likely.
Activity: 333
Merit: 250
Commander of the Hodl Legions
February 27, 2014, 06:31:49 PM
Activity: 680
February 27, 2014, 06:16:08 PM
MtGox has killed it (new blood) for now. When you search for Bitcoin you are met with corruption and scandal. It's a sad few weeks for Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
February 27, 2014, 06:08:35 PM
It's like back in '13 when the price was in the $100-130 range.
Activity: 504
February 27, 2014, 05:40:49 PM
Not entirely true. New money HAS to come in each and every day just to keep the price the same. Im not going to get into the math but you should get it.

Well, it has to be greater than the quantity being "cashed out", or being "actively traded"...

But same same...

The point was that the price is not what people want to pay. Obviously. But one they are willing to settle-for to cash-out. Thus the decline, and then the flat-line.

Hump is almost over, it will drop over the next few days, then rise again, once it hits $400

Trust in any exchange is slim right now. Since none of them actually have proof that they even have our funds (currency and BTC/LTC) in holding. (They are working on that proof now... all of them, I believe.)

For those where they do not, they will/should also be showing why they are short or "fractioned". (Eg, locked funds, lost funds, pending, internal expenses self-loan of our funds.)

Though, I am sure none of them will be able to do that, or justify the missing funds completely. They will/would use trick wording to hide the fact that they just spent the money you deposited, and/or BTC/LTC on other exchanges for funds, for themselves. (Just like banks do, without actually saying, "we spent/loaned your money".) Ironic part is... if they didn't, the banks they hold their funds in, have done it for them. That is what banks do. (Just hope they are using reliable banks to hold your funds, unlike cypress.)

Sure everything will be back to the illusion of normal in no time. Tongue

BTC to $100, here we come! Get ready to buy!
Activity: 403
February 27, 2014, 05:34:22 PM
Not entirely true. New money HAS to come in each and every day just to keep the price the same. Im not going to get into the math but you should get it.
Activity: 504
February 27, 2014, 05:31:57 PM
Price stays still when no money comes in, and all money that was in, has been absorbed by trades.

Gotta have new money in, or someone with money sitting in there, has to be presented a price they are willing to pay.

Thus, price will drop if no-one convinces those people to pay more than the listed price.

Would you? Obviously not, if you are asking this question.

You want the price to move up... get off your ass and talk to people about how great of a deal these discount BTC are.

If you sit on your ass and just want to reap rewards... you will only end-up with a flat ass...

This is not a spectator sport. Stop watching it, and play.
Activity: 332
AwesomeDice.net
February 27, 2014, 05:21:49 PM
The rate has been goxed in the past. Roll Eyes
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
February 27, 2014, 05:17:31 PM
wow, I can't believe it, I'm ready to buy or sell if the market would just make a substantial move in either direction, but it keeps making tiny moves in alternate directions, I have not seen this all year (well for two months, ok)

any thoughts on what's keeping things flat?
Pages:
Jump to: