Pages:
Author

Topic: Marshall Island will be using crypto as its legal tender - page 2. (Read 219 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 271
Government of Marshall island is now gearing up for crypto currency as its legal tender. Currently using US Dollar as its main currency , it will be shifting to use cryptos and later this year will have an ICO for its national currency.
Despite of the fact that they are a pretty small country it will be interesting to see how their economy will work on a cryptocurrency. As the crypto will be of the government. I think there might not be that kind of a anonymity in it but there still will be huge price increases in the country moreover it will be interesting to see how they regulate the money supply in their country.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
Its good to hear that and happy to know that even small places are trying to adopt cryptocurrency technology which can help them move ahead. I hope many more countries will finally support this thing so they can also experience a great blockchain tecgnology.
Activity: 728
Merit: 275
Government of Marshall island is now gearing up for crypto currency as its legal tender. Currently using US Dollar as its main currency , it will be shifting to use cryptos and later this year will have an ICO for its national currency.
“This is a historic moment for our people, finally issuing and using our own currency, alongside the USD. It is another step of manifesting our national liberty,” said R.M.I. President Hilda C. Heine in a media release. (Source: https://futurism.com/marshall-islands-crypto-official-currency/ )

The words of the President make it very clear that how positive and proud of his decision. And franly saying this kind of decision is really gonna act as a game changer im the history of this place. Kudos to the government for such an amazing decision!
Activity: 686
Merit: 108

A great move for a Government of Marshall Island to adopt this kind of technology so they can help its people increase the quality of their life that can help also their economy to grow. Although this is just a small action I still believe that this is a great start of a great future.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10

This can be opening the same path of opportunity for other small island countries to also introduce their own national cryptocurrencies which can partly replace their traditional fiat money in circulation. All I am wishing is that they will integrate their government-backed cryptocurrency to Bitcoin and other coins already in the market. The success here in Marshall Island can be a model for other nations to follow. Good luck to them!
This is a historic moment for the Marshall Island Government, because the Marshall government has finally issued and used its own crypto along with the dollar, this is another step towards realizing the freedom of the Marshall community
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

This can be opening the same path of opportunity for other small island countries to also introduce their own national cryptocurrencies which can partly replace their traditional fiat money in circulation. All I am wishing is that they will integrate their government-backed cryptocurrency to Bitcoin and other coins already in the market. The success here in Marshall Island can be a model for other nations to follow. Good luck to them!
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1565
The first decentralized crypto betting platform

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-crypto-currencies-marshall-islands/marshall-islands-to-issue-own-sovereign-cryptocurrency-idUSKCN1GC2UD

This will help to spread crypto popularity but it is just a fiat-based crypto which requires users to identify themselves, so I don't think many people on this forum will be buying it.
Activity: 143
Merit: 11
Pages:
Jump to: