Pages:
Author

Topic: Mass media manipulation - Rating system as way out to freedom ? - page 2. (Read 126 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi there
I recently posted something similar in Coronavirus thread, but I thought that It could be worthwhile opening up a side thread for this topic.

There is a threat to humanity in current media platforms. They are monopoly-owned by a few, which control the news feed. They decide whats a hot topic, they decide whats the narrative, and they decide what to censor.

The problem is that the average person only goes to trusted journals to feed up their daily anxiety of news. So they end up unconsciously biased to a controlled pre selected narrative by reading CNN, WSJ, NYT..etc. Current system:

1. Does not Foster discussion, debate and critical thinking
2. Does not guarantee non corporate and political inference
3. Mute facts that support other ways of thinking

WHAT IF, similar to Bitcoin, we could create an anonymous-founded platform where people will be able to vote-rate news articles, can add news as rebuttals, make comments... to already existing news. (WSJ, NYT, Le monde...etc).
Imagine like a consolidated site of news coming from different platform, and all being scrutinized by the community. Maybe we could create a veracity logo if has 4 stars or more.

Thinking on having probably a dashboard of news which have link previews (similar to what Twitter or Whatsapp does when pasted an URL).
as user you would go in everyday and filter news by veracity, rating, rebuttals and subjects or hashtags.
Imagine we could do the same for the journalists..

this way we could make journal organizations and journalists accountable for misuse of power. Essentially we may see that independent articles like i.e. from MEdium are actually better rated and more viewed that the headline of the NYT.

any thoughts? too idealist?
i dont know, i think could solve a lot of problems

Pages:
Jump to: