Pages:
Author

Topic: Massive Cryptocurrency Botnet Scam Unearthed on Twitter - page 3. (Read 806 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Such attacks and schemes are always present, even without cryptocurrencies. One should always check sources and watch out for potential scams that are linked through official accounts. It seems to me that social media sites are the hotbed for such confusion, knowing that more people are gullible and don't verify things compared to people in forums and mailing sites. Just learn to check tweets, follower count and see whether everything matches up to the official accounts and you're fine.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 182
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Hackers are very much active to cheat the bounty hunters / ICOs .  Millions of fake twitter accounts have been infiltrated.  All efforts being done by hackers to spam the official twitter accounts of crypto business and impersonating crypto personalities.  More than 15000 exclusive hacker's accounts were traced by the agency involved in research.

Following is the link based on study and research by "Duo Security".  They took help of Application programming Interface to catch hackers from 88 million twitter accounts.
https://cryptoslate.com/massive-cryptocurrency-botnet-scam-unearthed-on-twitter/

Thanks for the information mate so the community alarming now hoping all people need to be aware on this news.
Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!
I'm glad this was discovered. I am so sick of seeing those awful attempts at scamming unsuspecting noobs on twitter. It has ran rampant these last few months. Nearly every tweet from an influential person had a reply with a fake account that looks just like the real one, saying "send 1 eth and I send 10 back!". Like, really? Not sure what has been taking Jack so long to shut these accounts down. I do know recently, anyone trying to create an account with elon musks name would be instabanned. Step in the right direction, but we seriously needs these scams to stop. They truly harm the community and the publics perception of crypto.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
Hackers are very much active to cheat the bounty hunters / ICOs .  Millions of fake twitter accounts have been infiltrated.  All efforts being done by hackers to spam the official twitter accounts of crypto business and impersonating crypto personalities.  More than 15000 exclusive hacker's accounts were traced by the agency involved in research.

Following is the link based on study and research by "Duo Security".  They took help of Application programming Interface to catch hackers from 88 million twitter accounts.
https://cryptoslate.com/massive-cryptocurrency-botnet-scam-unearthed-on-twitter/

Pages:
Jump to: