Pages:
Author

Topic: Mathematics and economy - page 3. (Read 841 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
October 01, 2020, 07:59:35 PM
The degree to which nations pursue fields like science or engineering is influenced by culture. Nations like japan with massive followings of (science fiction based) anime have a huge collective interest in pursuing science and engineering. The united states has long debated how it might encourage youth to become more interested in science. So that america need not rely so heavily on foreign countries to fill science and engineering jobs and can reduce the degree to which specialized technology needs are outsourced to foreign nations.

It might be said the USA is falling behind russia in terms of developing emerging defense technology like hypersonic missiles due to america's mainstream negative view of science. This could be changing to a slight degree thanks to DC and marvel comic movies making youth interested in fields like math and science.

I think it is important for world powers to have a good base of math and science. The US has greater flexibility thanks to its massive capital and investment base. But it could be falling behind.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
October 01, 2020, 06:59:32 PM
Most of the geniuses and mathematicians I know doesn't attract any countries at all but they get interested on facing their lives straight ahead with what their skills can bring and that usually lead them to live in other countries like US that could give them more job opportunities to continue what they are doing or improve the skills they've learned here in the country.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
October 01, 2020, 06:17:58 PM
Samsung is moving its factories from China to Vietnam. iPhone manufacturing factories are considering moving to neighboring countries Malaysia and Vietnam.
I did not understand the correlation between students winning OLYMPIC award in math and the movement of these factories to other countries, it is not just Samsung and Iphone moving to other countries from China but Google and Microsoft and other major countries will be moving and the real reason for the move is the trade war with China and the recent pandemic outbreak and they are looking for countries to set up their manufacturing unit which is favorable to them but it is not that easy to move everything completly.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
October 01, 2020, 03:35:49 PM
Samsung is moving its factories from China to Vietnam.

Companies are moving factories to countries where workforce is cheaper. It is that way fro over 50 years. But now with this pandemics this move will slow down, since countries realised they need to produce at least some essential things fully at home. Robotic will drastically hep with this.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
October 01, 2020, 03:30:57 PM
Does Math Olympics really matter to them because I see no correlation? Investors decided to invest in Southeast Asian countries because they see that it will be worth it, and there's probably a lot of reason behind that but not because of math international contests.

The majority of Samsung phones that are being manufactured are in Vietnam because of its low labor cost, not because of students winning the math Olympics. I want to know where that idea comes from but it's still a good thing that Southeast Asian countries can also lead in Math Olympics which they can be proud of.
Cheap labor is the part, but we need to consider a higher level than managing and participating in some knowledge work. They will not accept idiots creating something as important as branding and intellectual products. Math Olympics reflect a country's high school education. It is the next generation of workers in a country. Southeast Asian countries have won many consecutive years in these competitions. That also reflects the quality of their education.
Look at poorly educated countries, how much are they invested in the economy?
Unfortunately we are not going to need mathematicians for the future development because we got super computers which can execute a complex calculation in minutes which may take years for a normal brain to do (just talking about the calculations which normally the mathematicians do).More the people then there will be less demand for them and nothing more to be honest.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 30
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
October 01, 2020, 02:18:28 PM
Every country do everything possible to improve their economy and other important that will keep their citizens not to feel hardship in the environment. Before any investors will invest their coins in a particular place thorough research must be carry out to know if they will achieve profit in that environment.
Not all countries need math Olympic to survive in their country because it is made for those who are student or graduate they can participate in such program which such program cannot end a country hardship.
Economy can make a country popular, for the way it was arrange by the economy planner to benefit the citizens of a country.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
October 01, 2020, 11:14:55 AM
Does Math Olympics really matter to them because I see no correlation? Investors decided to invest in Southeast Asian countries because they see that it will be worth it, and there's probably a lot of reason behind that but not because of math international contests.

The majority of Samsung phones that are being manufactured are in Vietnam because of its low labor cost, not because of students winning the math Olympics. I want to know where that idea comes from but it's still a good thing that Southeast Asian countries can also lead in Math Olympics which they can be proud of.
Cheap labor is the part, but we need to consider a higher level than managing and participating in some knowledge work. They will not accept idiots creating something as important as branding and intellectual products. Math Olympics reflect a country's high school education. It is the next generation of workers in a country. Southeast Asian countries have won many consecutive years in these competitions. That also reflects the quality of their education.
Look at poorly educated countries, how much are they invested in the economy?
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
October 01, 2020, 10:47:06 AM
Very simple : this doesn't happen
What happens is:
The people usually are paid more in a rich developed country and therefore they usually go there for jobs and gets settled. At the same time it's not just one or two people but rather, the experts , the people who the government invested so much into for the education and well-being. But at the same time if they don't do it their talents remains unrecognized.

At the same time the big companies not only invest because of the brains but actually because of the low minimum wage that they would have to give to the workers, it's all about profits!

Plus am not really sure about the maths part but yes it works for Asia, most people are intellectual back here.
I will prove to you that what I say is true.
First, watch the video of the countries with the most math Olympics medals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38xeYPAUPd0

Top countries with the most FDI inflows from abroad.
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/mapped-foreign-direct-investment-by-country/

I find the countries that receive the largest amount of investment are directly proportional to the number of Olympic gold medals they get. For example the USA, China, Germany, UK.
They have developed countries and have the education and working environment at a professional level suitable for creating high technology, high economy.
Other countries that receive moderate FDI capital are developing countries such as Vietnam, Thailand, they receive lower investment because they do not have enough standards to invest like the big countries I mentioned. on.
And look at African countries, they don't have a lot of achievements in education and little money poured into them.

My deductions not only all the countries with gold medals in the Olympics are invested with high FDI.
Many other factors are remaining such as location, the infrastructure, government policies, population structure, and economic size.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
October 01, 2020, 10:01:44 AM
I think he's right. A country's economy reflects the quality of education. Mathematics helps advance other sciences. My physics teacher said that thanks to mathematics, physics has gone as far as it is now.
Look at the leading economic countries in the world such as the US, Germany, China, Japan, they have many gold medal students in the Olympic study, and the FDI inflows into those countries are very high.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 574
October 01, 2020, 09:01:48 AM
Perhaps the OP is trying to draw the conclusion that education growth affects economic growth. Education relevant to technological advances drives the acceleration of development, and mathematics is considered the basis of technology and describes the level of intelligence.

In many countries, the government's attention to the development of the education sector is very large, seen from the political commitment of the education sector budget that is not inferior to other sectors, so that the success of education investment is correlated with progress in macro development. The main function of educational institutions in relation to economic life is to prepare young people to fill productive employment as human capital investment and become a "leading sector".

Nowadays, the development paradigm which refers to a knowledge-based economy seems to be increasingly dominant. Economic progress rests on the support base of science and technology. The causal relationship between education and economic progress is becoming increasingly strong and solid so that education becomes the main driving force for the dynamics of economic development, driving a long-term structural transformation process.

Smart measure is not just being able to solve academic problems on paper. Smart students are those who are able to apply various learning theories, especially mathematics, as a method for solving everyday problems. But in the relationship between two countries, mathematics is used to calculate the profit and loss in diplomacy, not as standardization of assessment.

There seems to be no correlation between the number of math Olympiad winners and the investment decisions of large companies in Asian countries.  But if what the OP meant was that the many winners of the math Olympiad were a real form of improving education in a country, then this could be one of the reasons investors are interested in investing in Asian countries.  Another reason could also be due to lower labor costs in Asian countries than in developed countries.  This will provide benefits for both of them.  Both investors and the country itself.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
October 01, 2020, 08:23:30 AM
Samsung is moving its factories from China to Vietnam. iPhone manufacturing factories are considering moving to neighboring countries Malaysia and Vietnam.

And all because some of their students are winning in math olympics? I don't know where you get this far-fetched idea but it seems a little ridiculous to me. But you may have the hard unequivocal data that would support this, right? If you please present them here and expound on it a little bit.

I cannot imagine a huge multi-billion international company board meeting discussing about how many students won in the most recent math olympics, their nationalities and where they came from, and eventually deciding to move their manufacturing in those countries simply because of that.
That is what I am thinking of too, there are no data to support his claim. Maybe OP can put it up when he/she sees it. I have theory on what OP meant, the more people that are inclined on the STEM in a country is, more companies will favor them because they offer more workforce that is in relation to development. A little psychology will demonstrate my point, if my workers are smart and that means that my company will have an increased chance in pioneering a new technology or making an advance iteration of what is currently available in the market. The chances will be low but I don't think letting the oppurtunity pass by is the rational thing to do.

You may have a point but I guess you are probably wrong. Large companies, especially those which are involved in manufacturing and assembly, are not looking for brilliant workers. As a matter of fact -- I beg your pardon if I may be blunt in my words -- these companies are looking for dumb, poor, cheap, helpless individuals. They are looking for a large workforce which they could pay even below minimum wage for a whole day's tiring and boring job. They are looking for human robots who just follow instructions and work and work and work and do not complain all in exchange for a meager pay. 
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 402
October 01, 2020, 07:24:10 AM

Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
October 01, 2020, 06:42:21 AM
A country with many students winning high prizes in OLYMPIC math will get more attention and those countries will be considered for investment.
Southeast Asian countries are being invested in inflows of FDI inflows that have increased dramatically in recent years due to the number of students winning the OLYMPIC award in math.
It is about the consistency and the government policies for that country. If the companies who are looking to invest their manufacturing or any sector that they are operating with agrees to the policy of that specific country, they're likely to invest on it.

One conflict is the government policy which is subjective and not favorable to those companies and that's why some companies are not pursuing to invest to those countries if they see a barrier for their business. Those achievements in competitions, sporting events or any reowned recreational activity also helps.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2253
From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary
October 01, 2020, 05:38:36 AM
The trade war between USA and CHINA are getting worst and USA is making pressure for the US companies to stay away the economic zone of China and I don't know how this thing can affect the economy of China and how the prices of these products move.

Honestly, I don't know how to connect the Math wizard with regards to economy and building businesses into that country, all I know is that Bigger countries are leaving China and this is a clear result of the Trade war. If we say that the most winning Beauty pageant title in Asia is the Philippines, then businesses have to grow on that country which I think should not be connected on how the economy works, this is just my opinion anyway.

Perhaps the OP is trying to draw the conclusion that education growth affects economic growth. Education relevant to technological advances drives the acceleration of development, and mathematics is considered the basis of technology and describes the level of intelligence.

In many countries, the government's attention to the development of the education sector is very large, seen from the political commitment of the education sector budget that is not inferior to other sectors, so that the success of education investment is correlated with progress in macro development. The main function of educational institutions in relation to economic life is to prepare young people to fill productive employment as human capital investment and become a "leading sector".

Nowadays, the development paradigm which refers to a knowledge-based economy seems to be increasingly dominant. Economic progress rests on the support base of science and technology. The causal relationship between education and economic progress is becoming increasingly strong and solid so that education becomes the main driving force for the dynamics of economic development, driving a long-term structural transformation process.

Smart measure is not just being able to solve academic problems on paper. Smart students are those who are able to apply various learning theories, especially mathematics, as a method for solving everyday problems. But in the relationship between two countries, mathematics is used to calculate the profit and loss in diplomacy, not as standardization of assessment.
Activity: 868
Merit: 15
October 01, 2020, 04:04:53 AM
It is not necessary to have a good grasp of all the subjects to prepare before studying in economics when i read the most useful knowledge of mathematics and economics since almost all good books on economics are written in english things can be easily mastered if you are fluent in english. And since there are so many uses for statistics and numbers in economics the foundation of numbers needs to be solid not that it has to be very good if you don't have a good idea about math investing will be a problem this requires adequate calculation.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
October 01, 2020, 03:48:25 AM
I don't think that Math is the basis of investors to invest. And going to join math Olympic is supported and bugeted by the government because it was an international event that represent every country. Also investors is more after the knowledge about modern technology. Samsung maybe moving to a countries with lower labor fee to minimize their expenses in the production of their products.
they invest on those knowledge of this people because they know that those wizards are going to achieve more in thier life with the skills and talent they have . math is the hardest subject in my opinion and computer coding can be related to math . with that thinking they have , they can also fit in other more easier fields but i dont think those geniuse people will accept minimum fee or salary if negotiate for working on the said companies  . they are extra ordinary so the pay should be extra ordinary as well
I also think they truly invest in those who have the knowledge and allow them to achieve their goals in life because they could also use their ability to work on their companies. Samsung, Apple, and other tech companies might be moving from South East Asia countries like Vietnam and Malaysia because they could minimize their expenses in producing their products that materials in those counties are cheap.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
October 01, 2020, 03:03:13 AM
I don't think that Math is the basis of investors to invest. And going to join math Olympic is supported and bugeted by the government because it was an international event that represent every country. Also investors is more after the knowledge about modern technology. Samsung maybe moving to a countries with lower labor fee to minimize their expenses in the production of their products.
they invest on those knowledge of this people because they know that those wizards are going to achieve more in thier life with the skills and talent they have . math is the hardest subject in my opinion and computer coding can be related to math . with that thinking they have , they can also fit in other more easier fields but i dont think those geniuse people will accept minimum fee or salary if negotiate for working on the said companies  . they are extra ordinary so the pay should be extra ordinary as well
Activity: 328
Merit: 2
October 01, 2020, 02:38:12 AM
A country with many students winning high prizes in OLYMPIC math will get more attention and those countries will be considered for investment.
Southeast Asian countries are being invested in inflows of FDI inflows that have increased dramatically in recent years due to the number of students winning the OLYMPIC award in math.

Activity: 1624
Merit: 315
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
October 01, 2020, 12:54:16 AM

And all because some of their students are winning in math olympics? I don't know where you get this far-fetched idea but it seems a little ridiculous to me. But you may have the hard unequivocal data that would support this, right? If you please present them here and expound on it a little bit.

I cannot imagine a huge multi-billion international company board meeting discussing about how many students won in the most recent math olympics, their nationalities and where they came from, and eventually deciding to move their manufacturing in those countries simply because of that.
That is what I am thinking of too, there are no data to support his claim. Maybe OP can put it up when he/she sees it. I have theory on what OP meant, the more people that are inclined on the STEM in a country is, more companies will favor them because they offer more workforce that is in relation to development. A little psychology will demonstrate my point, if my workers are smart and that means that my company will have an increased chance in pioneering a new technology or making an advance iteration of what is currently available in the market. The chances will be low but I don't think letting the oppurtunity pass by is the rational thing to do.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
September 30, 2020, 11:05:43 PM

Pages:
Jump to: