Pages:
Author

Topic: Max time for a transaction to get 3 confirmations? - page 2. (Read 4840 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I sent BTC to another wallet about 9-10 hours ago. So far it has only 1 confirmation. This never happened to me before. I've always gotten 3 confirmations in under 15 mins max. Why is this taking so long and is this normal?

I sent the BTC to Localbitcoins. So now I can't access it from anywhere as it won't be available on Localbitcoins until it has 3 confirmations. Should I be worried?

the time of 3 confirmations varied because of many elements. like the transaction fees and how fast miners mine a new block. so the average time is 30 minutes because a block should me mined every 10 minutes
Imagine if you're trying to spend BitCoin in real life, that a BitCoin mechants accepts...

Will it take him 30 minutes to receive that coins?

That's why it's slow.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
I sent BTC to another wallet about 9-10 hours ago. So far it has only 1 confirmation. This never happened to me before. I've always gotten 3 confirmations in under 15 mins max. Why is this taking so long and is this normal?

I sent the BTC to Localbitcoins. So now I can't access it from anywhere as it won't be available on Localbitcoins until it has 3 confirmations. Should I be worried?

the time of 3 confirmations varied because of many elements. like the transaction fees and how fast miners mine a new block. so the average time is 30 minutes because a block should me mined every 10 minutes
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
That's the problem with BitCoin...

It's super slow.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

I've always gotten 3 confirmations in under 15 mins max.

I find this very unlikely since it would mean 3 blocks were solved within 15 minutes. Be patient.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0

Pages:
Jump to: