Pages:
Author

Topic: Mayweather vs Pacquiao II - page 2. (Read 740 times)

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
February 21, 2024, 01:42:02 PM
This is where I have great disdain for the boxing world.  No longer are we in the "golden era" for boxing where we had all these great heavyweights like Tyson, Lewis, etc, but you had some solid mid to light weight fighters as well.  Then of course boxing fell off a cliff for quite some time.  Pac vs Mayweather should have happened the first time long ago when the sport needed it.  I absolutely despite Mayweather as he legitimately a horrible human being.  Even though its a day late and a dollar short I'll be watching and rooting for Pacman to destroy Mayweather. Maybe if he hits him hard enough he'll be able to read all of a sudden.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
February 21, 2024, 01:38:02 PM
It looks like this fight might likely to happen in the future,
(...)
https://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-hints-pacquiao-exhibition--181595
(...)

Thanks for the link. So maybe it's not enough to call it "official" yet, but since Pacquiao and RIZIN's Chief Exec have confirmed it, and since Mayweather is not denying it, it's fair to assume the fight is at least pre-agreed and probably in a stage of contract negotiations. Or maybe the contract is already signed but they're just waiting to officially announce it closer to the date so the hype doesn't die out before the fight.
Both are willing to fight so it's only down to agreeing on the money.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
February 21, 2024, 09:29:35 AM

Floyd Mayweather Jr has refused to rule out an exhibition boxing match with Manny Pacquiao in Japan later this year.

"Next year, I hope to see you here in Japan with a big fight against…", Pacquiao said at RIZIN 45 as he looked over to RIZIN chief executive Nobuyiki Sakakibara.

"Floyd Mayweather," Sakakibara announced.

So both legendary boxers are trying to tease their fights, with this kind of statement specially coming from Floyd. We always says that Floyd doesn't want to give Manny a rematch. But maybe in a exhibition match, we will see that finally this two will fight in the ring again. And with the money is right in the table, obviously Floyd can't refuse it specially coming from the Japanese who loves him over there, same with Manny Pacquaio. It could be like what he did before, the fight happening at New Year next year. Better keep this thread alive, in my opinion.

Great news. Although Mayweather hasn't confirmed yet, his statement is enough to expect that this big exhibition match will happen. It's not just about the venue; it's the money they will make in this fight, and we are certainly talking about millions. Mayweather could not resist that, given he is living a lavish life. The same goes for Manny; although he is busy with his businesses, he is leading an expensive life. So, getting millions from an exhibition match is something no boxer would say no to. They'll seize the opportunity to make easy money using their popularity. A legend versus legend matchup is a recipe for huge revenue.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
February 21, 2024, 09:22:48 AM

Floyd Mayweather Jr has refused to rule out an exhibition boxing match with Manny Pacquiao in Japan later this year.

"Next year, I hope to see you here in Japan with a big fight against…", Pacquiao said at RIZIN 45 as he looked over to RIZIN chief executive Nobuyiki Sakakibara.

"Floyd Mayweather," Sakakibara announced.

So both legendary boxers are trying to tease their fights, with this kind of statement specially coming from Floyd. We always says that Floyd doesn't want to give Manny a rematch. But maybe in a exhibition match, we will see that finally this two will fight in the ring again. And with the money is right in the table, obviously Floyd can't refuse it specially coming from the Japanese who loves him over there, same with Manny Pacquaio. It could be like what he did before, the fight happening at New Year next year. Better keep this thread alive, in my opinion.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
February 20, 2024, 04:35:33 PM

I had taught Pacquiao had retired from active boxing but it's really interesting to know he's back in the rings again,  fighting wit Mayweather is just the best bet to get the kind of audience he may be wanting and they are definitely going to make a good revenue from the view a d audience this match will attract, I know somehow both of them may have an agreement back stage and there will definitely be intentions behind this game but nevertheless it's an anticipation for so many because the last time both had a fight years ago, it was epic and a rematch is something people wouldn't want to miss.

He retired as pro after he lost to Ugas, but then come back to fight in exhibition matches against a South Korean Youtuber. Definitely fighting Mayweather is for fun and for the money as there are still fans that can't get over what happen on their first fight. Pacquiao lost but it could have been a different story if they fight during their primes.

I would just watch to enjoy the game and wouldn't be supporting or routing for any of them because both brings home entertainment with their boxing and this match to me is looking like it's got a reason behind which isn't made known to the public just yet so watching for entertainment would be the best bet.

The PPV tickets might be expensive though, but we all know that there are ways that we can watch this fight for free, if you know what I mean. Nevertheless it's not yet final, this is just rumor for now. But for fans of both, even at exhibition fight, we will love to see this two legends again in the ring.
Activity: 406
Merit: 84
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 20, 2024, 10:58:51 AM
Well, I think it's very unlikely that Floyd Mayweather agreed to fight Manny Paquiao because he still has a lot of wealth and fame. But maybe when he feels that the endorsing companies are not approaching him and there are no promoters interested in him in the world of the boxing industry, he will surely agree to fight Pacquiao.

So when that happens, Manny Paquiao probably has no interest in fighting with him, so let's see, it's just my assessment, and I think there is no certainty yet. After all, times are changing.
But if this is just an exhibition I think nothing will be lose to Maywheather on this events even He lose.
Floyd Mayweather, we know him to be one of the fighters that enjoyed very bit of his time as a fighter, winning belts and living up the luxurious lifestyle, buying exotic cars and owning flamboyant homes, Mayweather lived his life to the fullest and have investment everywhere tangible in his country, he have earned his time as a fighter in the ring, feared by many due to his fierce and uncomfortable strength, he gives in everything to achieve major titles. Perhapes he's aged and I don't think he still full energy left, though once a fighter is always a fighter, he still got some tactics and KO for his opponents.
legendary
February 20, 2024, 10:43:02 AM
Well rules are rules, regulations are regulations and no matter how known you are then there would be no exemptions. Its clear on here on what they are trying out to protect on which it
would really be pertaining about those athletes or fighters health.. 45+ age might not really be that old but whats been stated should be followed. They try to request but failed
then there's nothing we can do about it. Also, is it a bit unfair for letting him join or participate on Olympics? thats a sure gold i should say.
I don't think they asked for any special treatment for him. The Philippine Olympic Committee tried to get him a slot under the "Universality Rule". Universality slots typically go to countries without much representation in the Olympics, but the Philippines didn't quite qualify for that.
There's no harm in asking though, maybe they thought the IOC would consider dropping that max age of 40 rule (not only for Pacquiao, but for everyone).
Would this Mayweather vs Pacquiao 2 would be pushed through?
No idea. Olympics are in the Summer and the exact date of the fight is still unknown. Anyhow, Many is not going to compete in Paris so there's no collision.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 268
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 20, 2024, 10:34:04 AM

I had taught Pacquiao had retired from active boxing but it's really interesting to know he's back in the rings again,  fighting wit Mayweather is just the best bet to get the kind of audience he may be wanting and they are definitely going to make a good revenue from the view a d audience this match will attract, I know somehow both of them may have an agreement back stage and there will definitely be intentions behind this game but nevertheless it's an anticipation for so many because the last time both had a fight years ago, it was epic and a rematch is something people wouldn't want to miss.

I would just watch to enjoy the game and wouldn't be supporting or routing for any of them because both brings home entertainment with their boxing and this match to me is looking like it's got a reason behind which isn't made known to the public just yet so watching for entertainment would be the best bet.

Well, I think it's very unlikely that Floyd Mayweather agreed to fight Manny Paquiao because he still has a lot of wealth and fame. But maybe when he feels that the endorsing companies are not approaching him and there are no promoters interested in him in the world of the boxing industry, he will surely agree to fight Pacquiao.

So when that happens, Manny Paquiao probably has no interest in fighting with him, so let's see, it's just my assessment, and I think there is no certainty yet. After all, times are changing.
But if this is just an exhibition I think nothing will be lose to Maywheather on this events even He lose.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 533
February 20, 2024, 10:10:49 AM
I wasn't even aware of that, but apparently the Philippines tried to get Many to fight in the Paris Olympics.
Unfortunately, it won't happen due to a little-known rule saying that the max age for the boxers is 40. Pacquiao is now 45.
They tried to get the IOC to make an exemption but it didn't work.
I don't quite understand what's the point of having a maximum age limit. I'm guessing it's probably due to health concerns etc, but it should be down to each country to decide for themselves.

https://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_/id/39552058/boxer-manny-pacquaio-45-compete-paris-olympics
Well rules are rules, regulations are regulations and no matter how known you are then there would be no exemptions. Its clear on here on what they are trying out to protect on which it
would really be pertaining about those athletes or fighters health.. 45+ age might not really be that old but whats been stated should be followed. They try to request but failed
then there's nothing we can do about it. Also, is it a bit unfair for letting him join or participate on Olympics? thats a sure gold i should say.

Would this Mayweather vs Pacquiao 2 would be pushed through?

Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
February 20, 2024, 09:44:48 AM

I had taught Pacquiao had retired from active boxing but it's really interesting to know he's back in the rings again,  fighting wit Mayweather is just the best bet to get the kind of audience he may be wanting and they are definitely going to make a good revenue from the view a d audience this match will attract, I know somehow both of them may have an agreement back stage and there will definitely be intentions behind this game but nevertheless it's an anticipation for so many because the last time both had a fight years ago, it was epic and a rematch is something people wouldn't want to miss.

He retired from pro boxing, and this one is just an exhibition match, so it doesn't affect his record or Mayweather's record. Mayweather will remain undefeated even if he loses, as it's not a professional bout. I think this is a trend for popular boxers. It's not surprising to see them in exhibition matches because even if they are out of the pro scene, exhibition matches can still generate a lot of money for them. In fact, some exhibition matches generate more money compared to professional boxing.

About Manny being unable to participate in the Olympics, it's quite disappointing. However, it's puzzling why they would try to hype that when they were already aware of the age limit. They may have given false hope.
Activity: 238
Merit: 152
Duelbits.com
February 20, 2024, 09:39:00 AM

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542
February 20, 2024, 09:24:01 AM
I wasn't even aware of that, but apparently the Philippines tried to get Many to fight in the Paris Olympics.
Unfortunately, it won't happen due to a little-known rule saying that the max age for the boxers is 40. Pacquiao is now 45.
I don't quite understand what's the point of having a maximum age limit. I'm guessing it's probably due to health concerns etc, but it should be down to each country to decide for themselves.

https://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_/id/39552058/boxer-manny-pacquaio-45-compete-paris-olympics

I was about to also posts this when I saw this thread, but you beat me to it. Nevertheless, it's good that the IOC uphold their rule that no boxer is allowed as the age limit is 40 years. So it's good, unlike those governing bodies that is so corrupt that they will chance their rules to accommodate a boxer and have them fight in their organizations.

As for this rematch, I haven't seen any official news yet. Maybe in the future we will see this fight, but not this year as Floyd has a fight and the same with Manny fighting Buakaw. So if this fight is going to happen, it might be early for next year, I reckon.
legendary
February 20, 2024, 08:50:37 AM

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
January 11, 2024, 09:37:24 AM
What could else be the reason why this fight is triggered? Of course man, it's the money they'll cash after this fight. If Paul Brothers were able to sell their respective fights and earn millions, for sure Mayweather and Pac would not miss that opportunity to make easy money. Besides, they deserve this kind of reward because they reach an impressive success during their pro and now already line in the boxing hall of famers.

It's not just a simple money reason why that plan was triggered. It's because there are lots of calls after the Pacquiao vs Mayweather 1 that a rematch should happen. If both were just eyeing some money they could face each other several times before but it didn't materialize since Mayweather is near retirement and of course, protecting his 50-0 legacy. Smiley

Since they are now both retired, the massive demand to see them facing each other again is only possible now in an exhibition match. It even took several years in the making before this plan turned into a real one. It's good to see both boxers not on their too old age facing each other even only in an exhibition match.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
January 11, 2024, 08:58:54 AM

I likewise see the Mayweather-Pacquiao as a cash grab. This is certainly not a match endorsed by the boxing alphabet that can merit them in the ranks. Furthermore, this is only an exhibition match. The Mike Tyson and Roy Jones match was also a cash grab. I adore these boxers and support their exhibitions, but there are no added career achievements but to make money.

What could else be the reason why this fight is triggered? Of course man, it's the money they'll cash after this fight. If Paul Brothers were able to sell their respective fights and earn millions, for sure Mayweather and Pac would not miss that opportunity to make easy money. Besides, they deserve this kind of reward because they reach an impressive success during their pro and now already line in the boxing hall of famers.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 273
January 11, 2024, 08:16:32 AM
Is this true? Or RIZIN and Manny Pacquiao just want to give Mayweather an offer of a match in Japan.? How can it be that I have not heard Mayweather talking of a match with Pacquiao in Japan?

Anyhow, if the match is legit, I pick Mayweather to win. Mayweather is the more prepared of the two, he made exhibition matches that keep his body conditioned. Pacquiao is more youthful however after he retired from boxing, he turned out to be more occupied with his political aspirations. Many fans will watch this match regardless of whether this is just an exhibition however I do not see these breaking records as what they did before.

I have not seen any official confirmation from Floyd yet. There was some videos on YouTube that are trying to build hype for this fight but when you click on them they are just a bunch of AI-generated clickbait garbage piecing together out of context quotes and old video footage. You would think that if this fight was really happening, Floyd would be all over social media running his mouth and publicizing this event.

Needless to say, Floyd will promote the rematch and will hype it as superior to Saul Alvarez and Terrence Crawford matches. The character of Floyd will not stay silent if the two sides settle to an agreement. I reckon there is no agreement on the two sides and after Pacquio can put on a great show on Buakaw will RIZIN begin contacting Floyd with an offer of another exhibition Japan.

obviously this match is only for money not for an achievement. both are equally old. maywahter is 46 years old while pacman paquio is 45 years old.

That's actually not that old, there are boxers of similar age out there still competing in official fights. Mike Tyson was 54 when he did his came back to fight Roy Jones Jr, and they pull off a pretty decent show. Mike still had a pretty slick movement despite being a heavyweight.
We know Mayweather was quire active with all his exhibition fights etc, so if Many Pacquiao is also in a god shape and hasn't spent last years drinking beer on a couch, then there's a big chance that fight could be at fairly decent level.

I likewise see the Mayweather-Pacquiao as a cash grab. This is certainly not a match endorsed by the boxing alphabet that can merit them in the ranks. Furthermore, this is only an exhibition match. The Mike Tyson and Roy Jones match was also a cash grab. I adore these boxers and support their exhibitions, but there are no added career achievements but to make money.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1457
January 11, 2024, 04:33:45 AM
You can dislike Mayweather behavior, with the display of wealth and advertising a bunch of brands, but as a boxer he was very good. It seems that nobody could find a key to him in those years, and Mayweather did not fight as often as Pacquiao, but he always asked for the biggest fees.
No official confirmation yet, but apparently he couldn't find the money for Mayweather's fee yet. Last time he got about $100 million dollars last time with all the payoffs.

They really need to make it official if they want to make some more money out of it because they are still popular despite their age since they are still active in the boxing gyms which makes their body fit and strong enough to fight once more. I'm sure everyone wanted to see them fight without any injuries because it was really a waste when they fought against each other last time without their 100% especially Pacquiao. Pacquiao's last fight was more entertaining though because he was just playing with his opponent but I think it would not be the same against Buakaw this year, it will be another serious scenario for him.
Mayweather is 45 years old, Pacquiao seems to be 2 years younger than him, but as you noticed they are in great shape now and I'm sure if this fight takes place it could be much more interesting than the fights of modern boxers.

From a sporting point of view of course this fight does not make any sense, but as a kind of exhibition or entertainment it can be quite interesting for spectators, as a fight between some of the best boxers of their generation, and in the case of Mayweather, perhaps the best boxer of his era.
legendary
January 10, 2024, 01:21:30 PM
obviously this match is only for money not for an achievement. both are equally old. maywahter is 46 years old while pacman paquio is 45 years old.

That's actually not that old, there are boxers of similar age out there still competing in official fights. Mike Tyson was 54 when he did his came back to fight Roy Jones Jr, and they pull off a pretty decent show. Mike still had a pretty slick movement despite being a heavyweight.
We know Mayweather was quire active with all his exhibition fights etc, so if Many Pacquiao is also in a god shape and hasn't spent last years drinking beer on a couch, then there's a big chance that fight could be at fairly decent level.
Merit: 324
January 10, 2024, 09:27:27 AM
You can dislike Mayweather behavior, with the display of wealth and advertising a bunch of brands, but as a boxer he was very good. It seems that nobody could find a key to him in those years, and Mayweather did not fight as often as Pacquiao, but he always asked for the biggest fees.
No official confirmation yet, but apparently he couldn't find the money for Mayweather's fee yet. Last time he got about $100 million dollars last time with all the payoffs.

They really need to make it official if they want to make some more money out of it because they are still popular despite their age since they are still active in the boxing gyms which makes their body fit and strong enough to fight once more. I'm sure everyone wanted to see them fight without any injuries because it was really a waste when they fought against each other last time without their 100% especially Pacquiao. Pacquiao's last fight was more entertaining though because he was just playing with his opponent but I think it would not be the same against Buakaw this year, it will be another serious scenario for him.
You mean DKyoo? Yes, that was just a warm up and you could really be able to tell that fight experience and power is really that in huge gap but still its not really that bad but if you are really that a boxing
fan or enthusiast then that fight is really just that laughable. As for against Buakaw then i cant say that it would be a challenge for him, im not underestimating buakaw but since we are playing or having that boxing game rules then it would really be just that normal and we could already say on who would gonna win but since this is really just that an exhibition. Now that they do have rematch with Mayweather
then i could really say that this is much more interesting considering that both fighters are legends on Boxing sports. This is where you could really be able to tell that this exhibition fight would really be interesting.
Outcomes or statistics might not be that official but at least we are seeing this kind of fight which it didnt happen before into their prime days.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
January 10, 2024, 09:13:48 AM

Pages:
Jump to: