Pages:
Author

Topic: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - Who are you taking? - page 2. (Read 12389 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Pacquiao should've bitten May's ear  Roll Eyes
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Amir Khan? Really?
Im the last guy on earth who can be considered a Mayweather fan, but Floyd would destroy Khan.

Lets face it, there is no one left to fight other than Canelo or Manny again.
Either way, the outcome would be pre-determined.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
want to see brock lesnar vs these guys !

no i think mayweather deserve get opponent like Snow Queen Elsa ya , gurls vs gurls
Activity: 248
So... Where are all the Pacquiao fans now? You can blame this one on him and his trainers. It wasn't Mayweather being Mayweather but Pacquiao being injured, failed to disclose that and couldn't get his shot before fight. Would explain why he wasn't aggressive like in past fights.

People who bet on Pacquiao or paid to see this fight should be pissed.
Thats like me...
I havent watched the fight live, because I somehow couldnt manage to  stream it from Europe and its a PPV program, so I just waited to see it on the news.
The next day, I saw some hilarious gifs and videos that showed Mayweather just running around and Pacquiao looking after him. Well, I thought Pacuiao won, then I saw that Mayweather won on the newspaper and I lost 100€...
To anyone who actually watched it live on TV:
How could Mayweather win when he actually just ran away from Pacuiao?

Because mayweather landed a lot more punches and threw a lot more than pacquiao even though pacquiao is suppose to be the more aggressive boxer.
Activity: 248
For all you boxing fans: Will Amir Khan gonna get a chance at Mayweather before he retires? I only watched a couple of his fights but he looks pretty good, no boxing expert so could be wrong. Better question, would you pay to watch Khan vs Mayweather?  Cheesy

I think Keith Thurman has a chance to fight mayweather.
Activity: 126
I like nuts
So... Where are all the Pacquiao fans now? You can blame this one on him and his trainers. It wasn't Mayweather being Mayweather but Pacquiao being injured, failed to disclose that and couldn't get his shot before fight. Would explain why he wasn't aggressive like in past fights.

Thats like me...
I havent watched the fight live, because I somehow couldnt manage to  stream it from Europe and its a PPV program, so I just waited to see it on the news.
The next day, I saw some hilarious gifs and videos that showed Mayweather just running around and Pacquiao looking after him. Well, I thought Pacuiao won, then I saw that Mayweather won on the newspaper and I lost 100€...
To anyone who actually watched it live on TV:
How could Mayweather win when he actually just ran away from Pacuiao?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Activity: 672
Merit: 503
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12824362/floyd-mayweather-says-willing-fight-manny-pacquiao-again

So we can potentially see a rematch where Mayweather fights Pacquiao again for the 50-0 (assuming he doesn't get beaten by Khan or whoever in september, which he will not).
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
For all you boxing fans: Will Amir Khan gonna get a chance at Mayweather before he retires? I only watched a couple of his fights but he looks pretty good, no boxing expert so could be wrong. Better question, would you pay to watch Khan vs Mayweather?  Cheesy

Yeah of course. That would be a pretty interesting match but no way it will happen.

But it would sure be a good fight to watch and bet on.

Thats what they said against the pacquiao fight and look what happened, people buying tickets for 100k $ thats just crazy, what did they expect anyways
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
For all you boxing fans: Will Amir Khan gonna get a chance at Mayweather before he retires? I only watched a couple of his fights but he looks pretty good, no boxing expert so could be wrong. Better question, would you pay to watch Khan vs Mayweather?  Cheesy

Nope, but I will put some money on Mayweather again to make some profit. He is technically very strong and if this fight were to happen, he'll dance around again and score smartly.

Also don't think he would risk his record against Khan.

I think he can beat him same way he did Pacquiao. And we might see them fight because apparently:

Amir Khan says he wants to fight Floyd Mayweather this year, claiming that he was asked to do so by the American fighter's manager at the weekend.

According to Khan, Leonard Ellerbe approached him after the unanimous points victory over Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday, asking him to "get it on".

"I'm in a position where I could face either Mayweather or Pacquiao, but I want Mayweather," Khan said.

I think the reason he wants to face Mayweather because the prize money would be huge even for the loser.

i dont think mayweather will give khan a big percentage of the prize money if ever they will have a match
Activity: 672
Merit: 502
For all you boxing fans: Will Amir Khan gonna get a chance at Mayweather before he retires? I only watched a couple of his fights but he looks pretty good, no boxing expert so could be wrong. Better question, would you pay to watch Khan vs Mayweather?  Cheesy

Nope, but I will put some money on Mayweather again to make some profit. He is technically very strong and if this fight were to happen, he'll dance around again and score smartly.

I think he can beat him same way he did Pacquiao. And we might see them fight because apparently:

Amir Khan says he wants to fight Floyd Mayweather this year, claiming that he was asked to do so by the American fighter's manager at the weekend.

According to Khan, Leonard Ellerbe approached him after the unanimous points victory over Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday, asking him to "get it on".

"I'm in a position where I could face either Mayweather or Pacquiao, but I want Mayweather," Khan said.

I think the reason he wants to face Mayweather because the prize money would be huge even for the loser.
Activity: 574
want to see brock lesnar vs these guys !
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Yeah of course. That would be a pretty interesting match but no way it will happen.

But it would sure be a good fight to watch and bet on.
Activity: 840
Mayweather will use the same tactic in his last fight, and he'll give the people a bad impression if he wins again.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

I will not pay anything to watch the fight but I will put my money for mayweather. He is sure the money maker and amir khan is no better than Pacquiao. If Pacquiaio cant defeat mayweather then amir khan wont be able to defeat him and Im sure that the match wont be interesting to watch
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

Honestly, any fight with Mayweather at this point won't be super entertaining. I don't think I'd pay to see another fight of his.

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
And people paid up to 100k for this event, all mayweather did was run from pacquiao, pacquiao should have won or at least make a re-combat because this one was shitty
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

I dont know about amir khan and i dont want to watch mayweather coz he cant give the audience what is worth they paid for
legendary
Activity: 1120
legendary
Activity: 1526
Im honestly surprised so many people here have posted saying they thought Pacman won the fight.
Manny clearly didnt fight like he normally does and it was very easy to see that there was something "strange" about how this fight was going from the 3rd round till the end.

Manny is a pressure fighter who moves forward and throws punches in bunches, especially when he is fighting someone who lacks power.
Manny seemed lethargic and was just wasting time.

Floyd....... well Floyd was Floyd.
He always dances around and doesnt really do anything exciting.
If you honestly look at the stats, there is no way a reasonable person can say Manny won the fight.

The real loser in this fight (as usual) is US the boxing fans.
We once again get sucked into the hype of a super fight only to be disappointed (AGAIN) by another boring, sleep walk to the bank.

Boxing has a real serious problem on their hands- you have screwed your fans over and over again and the fans are growing tired.
With the UFC and other sports available to fans, boxing will see attendance and PPV buys fade away in the future.

Did it surprise anyone that immediately after the fight, Pacmans camp claimed he had a shoulder injury??
Of course....because they need an excuse to try and sell a rematch.

Anyone who buys a ticket or PPV for the rematch deserves to have their money stolen....i mean thats as insane as giving Mark Karpeles money for a new investment.

I will never, under any and all circumstances, buy a boxing PPV event ever again.

manny fought differently because his normal style would have ended the way the last Marquez fight ended. Watch the last flurry that manny had, mayweather threw a kill shot that manny just dodged. That punch would have knocked him into next week, and they both knew it, so Manny slowed down and Floyd sat back in his shell and waited to land it again.

Also, the boxing is dead stuff needs to stop, boxing is declared dead after every big fight and then we all come back like the trained monkeys we are. To be perfectly honest, me and my friends spent a lot less money Saturday night than we would have if we went out.

Mayweather is going to beat some jabroni to tie Marciano and finish his showtime deal, it will be exponentially smaller than this fight, but he'll get paid. He'll go away for a while let someone else rise to prominence, and then decide that tying marciano isn't enough. They'll hype up that fight bigger than this one, everyone will buy it, and then after he wins a boring decision everyone will say boxing is dead again, until the next time it isn't.
Pages:
Jump to: