Pages:
Author

Topic: MC2: A cryptocurrency based on a hybrid PoW/PoS system - page 5. (Read 195090 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
I wonder when all of this will come crashing down.

I was delayed due to government issues. Don't want to discuss it. Work is continuing. No one had given me any money, so it's no ones loss.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I was wondering when someone would come around and implement all of the cool features we are seeing in other alt-currencies at once, yet you seemed to have taken it another step further. How much of the code do you plan on borrowing directly from BTC using their stable base? Without trying to pick on an obvious influence for your current model, it's nice how your are already showing the inner working of the math involved within the original alpha white paper. Something that PPC is still lacking in my opinion.
Tacotime, now that you are big on cryptnote, why not using Cryptonote instead of bitcoin as a base? If you plan to take the best of all altcoin, cryptonote would fit in particularly well, don't you think?
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I wonder when all of this will come crashing down.
Activity: 31
Isn't this like phs?
legendary
Grin Patiently waiting my dear friends.

Stuff is mostly finished up with what I had to take care of.  Returning to full time work on this and part time work on Bitmonero this week.  Should have some updates on code by Sunday/Monday over BitMessage if all goes well.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
 Grin Patiently waiting my dear friends.
Activity: 516
Merit: 500
CAT.EX Exchange
Not sure yet, but it'll be GPU mineable from the get go.
I find it a big concern that a coin requires an expensive graphic card to be mined. Sorry, but "democracy" and "you need to have expensive hardware" don't mix well together.

CPU coins will be dogged by botnets that access huge computation power with little cost. They mine and dump the coin and drive the price of the coin to the ground, driving individual miners away because it is not profitable to mine if you have to pay electricity. If you want democracy, you need to workout a one man one vote system.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I find it a big concern that a coin requires an expensive graphic card to be mined. Sorry, but "democracy" and "you need to have expensive hardware" don't mix well together.

For me, everything that requires more than 25 dollars of hardware cannot be democratic. 25 dollars is the price of an Arduino, by the way.

My rant is not targeted toward MC2 (which looks interesting, if not I would not even bother posting this) - it is targeted toward any PoW coin. Fair distribution is hard enough by itself, no need to add an extra barrier to entry.
OTOH, the closest to a fair distribution than I can think of it countrycoins's airdrop. It did not work out, I give you that, but still, at least on paper, it is much more democratic than any other coin model.

In the end, the Gini index shall be the judge.
legendary
Just a head's up; no newsletter this week.  Still dealing with irl issues beyond my control.

Should be back on track by the month end or shorter.
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
what has emc2 got to do with this mc2?

Nothing, really. MC2 was (and to an extent still is) a project name. Development is happening under a different name, which I don't think is public yet. tacotime is working on the code, and I need to set up the wiki this week to collect progress and developments in the field. That will be accessible under the new name.
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
what has emc2 got to do with this mc2?
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
Hey if you are talking to the guys from Conformal Systems.

tell them I sent them two emails and they never replied, I'll come back and show them what they missed out on soon, pity.

Can you let me know what this is about so I can follow-up and figure out why you didn't get a response?
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
Well it be ASIC resistant?
Depends on what the demand is for that at launch.
I would prefer decentralized mining so +1 for X11 or N-adaptive

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

I think the greatest demand would be for a useful (to society) PoW and while I do agree with you when you said it's "unlikely at the current time" I really believe that this would be the most important thing to make MC2 really great. I know it's way way easier for me to cheer for you on the sidelines than actually doing it.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1001
https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service
Will it be ASIC resistant?
legendary

tell them I sent them two emails and they never replied, I'll come back and show them what they missed out on soon, pity.

Sure.

How would you prevent someone from messing around with the democratic voting system? Would they be able to game it using multiple clients/computers/VMs?

No, it's by stake or PoW block.

Will be one to watch. Would it be Scrypt-based, or an offshoot of scrypt?

Activity: 28
Will be one to watch. Would it be Scrypt-based, or an offshoot of scrypt?
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
How would you prevent someone from messing around with the democratic voting system? Would they be able to game it using multiple clients/computers/VMs?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’

Pages:
Jump to: