Pages:
Author

Topic: mcxNOW - Scam or not? - page 2. (Read 5435 times)

copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 16, 2013, 10:35:03 AM
Oh I see. "Deposits, Withdraws and Trading is currently disabled" is displayed when the trading AI detects that something is off. Then it locks itself down, so that nothing else could go wrong. RealSolid is working on it as we speak. He is in the chat room right now.

EDIT: It seems like someone tried multiple bruteforce logins, which caused the AI to shutdown and protect the users from any loss.
EDIT2: realsolid: they used a botnet of ips to scan for user/pass that are still valid from the list

That's the story they are telling. I'm not convinced this is a 100% legit operation tbch. The details here seem sketchy. They should just reset all passwords, that is no problem at all.
RealSolid cannot access or reset the passwords as far as I know. Do not ask me how, I just tell what I know.
What I do know is that the AI does shutdown trading if something strange happens. Last time was because the DevCoin node fucked up. To ensure no more problems it shutdown which gave RealSolid the time to fix a bug he didn't even has seen while testing the exchange.

Yea again, we have to take his word for it. If this is a scam (which it certainly could be given RS's history and his ability to disappear at a moments notice), it appears to be more of a long con, so people who are backing the service in here have no definitive proof either way. It's all anecdotal evidence.

If he cannot so much as reset passwords, that is a slight concern. This is not some silly hybrid wallet with client side encryption and double hashed passwords. This is supposedly an n-tier c++ backend. Raises an eyebrow.

I get the whole 'we can't see your pw' thing but if he is paying interest he most likely has access to the private keys for the wallet addresses, so whether or not he has your pw is irrelevant to stealing your funds. Just to point that out.
Well I personally have been using it for quite a long time and RS was always nice and active if you ask me. But I took a break for a few months so I could have missed something.
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Cryptopreneur
September 16, 2013, 10:29:08 AM
Lets see if it's around in a year without getting raided, then i might consider getting back in. Also my account either got deleted when i cashed out or something was changed with my login. I can't login anymore and i had setup the google authentication. Enough is going on for me to back off for now. Hope it's legit and prospers. Good luck guys.
Activity: 279
September 16, 2013, 09:51:42 AM
Oh I see. "Deposits, Withdraws and Trading is currently disabled" is displayed when the trading AI detects that something is off. Then it locks itself down, so that nothing else could go wrong. RealSolid is working on it as we speak. He is in the chat room right now.

EDIT: It seems like someone tried multiple bruteforce logins, which caused the AI to shutdown and protect the users from any loss.
EDIT2: realsolid: they used a botnet of ips to scan for user/pass that are still valid from the list

That's the story they are telling. I'm not convinced this is a 100% legit operation tbch. The details here seem sketchy. They should just reset all passwords, that is no problem at all.
RealSolid cannot access or reset the passwords as far as I know. Do not ask me how, I just tell what I know.
What I do know is that the AI does shutdown trading if something strange happens. Last time was because the DevCoin node fucked up. To ensure no more problems it shutdown which gave RealSolid the time to fix a bug he didn't even has seen while testing the exchange.

Yea again, we have to take his word for it. If this is a scam (which it certainly could be given RS's history and his ability to disappear at a moments notice), it appears to be more of a long con, so people who are backing the service in here have no definitive proof either way. It's all anecdotal evidence.

If he cannot so much as reset passwords, that is a slight concern. This is not some silly hybrid wallet with client side encryption and double hashed passwords. This is supposedly an n-tier c++ backend. Raises an eyebrow.

I get the whole 'we can't see your pw' thing but if he is paying interest he most likely has access to the private keys for the wallet addresses, so whether or not he has your pw is irrelevant to stealing your funds. Just to point that out.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 16, 2013, 09:40:22 AM

Activity: 279
September 16, 2013, 09:37:58 AM

[/quote

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
September 16, 2013, 08:41:12 AM
I had a balance here for 2-3 days and had no problem earning a small amount of interest and withdrawing the bitcoins after. It looks like it has a fair sized community and so far seems legit.
Activity: 296
September 16, 2013, 05:45:36 AM
I love it when people answer their own questions - in the questions themselves.

""I realise it's a fairly blunt question here and if it is a scam I'm sure I'll get advertiser trolls ranting at me but I want to get to the bottom of things, I found https://mcxnow.com/ and while I'm very interested in it and think it's a great deal, it looks like too much of a good deal.

Let me know if I should be immediately avoiding this or not.""
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 16, 2013, 02:45:10 AM
Trading, withdraw and depositing is enabled again.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 16, 2013, 02:28:49 AM

Activity: 364
September 16, 2013, 02:24:11 AM
How long is it gonna be before this exchange gets hacked and everyone gets cleaned out? Love the idea but it needs some kind of backing to ease my mind.

Could be happening now!

Well as of right now I can't withdraw my bitcoin.

It indicates upon withdrawing that mcxnow is down for maintenance, however every other page works...

Thoughts?

Deposits/withdrawal/trades are frozen while a security situation  is investigated, so it seems.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
September 16, 2013, 02:20:42 AM

It indicates upon withdrawing that mcxnow is down for maintenance, however every other page works...

Thoughts?
Old cached file? Or maybe the hot wallet is empty. I could withdraw yesterday just fine.

Someone on IRC just indicated MCXNOW is on lockdown and something is under investigation... not sure what's up - I'm trying to find out more.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 16, 2013, 02:04:02 AM

Thoughts?
Old cached file? Or maybe the hot wallet is empty. I could withdraw yesterday just fine.
Activity: 66
September 16, 2013, 01:41:38 AM

Thoughts?
Activity: 83
September 15, 2013, 06:04:48 PM
WHat realsolid needs to do is drop crap coins like: mincoin, solidcoin, copperlark and worldcoin.  Then add coins which are more popular such as XPM, PPC, NVC and DGC. 
He said that new coins will be added at the next update. Most likely coins which BTC-e has too.

he should add all important coins.
If he adds Securecoin, IFC, and couple of coins like this it would attract many new people and he would have more money from fees.
But I think mcx prefer to issue mcxFee=some kind of stocks = money which never be paid back = some kind of loan which must not be paid.
It is profitable for everyone-mcx got at leat 500 btc, people who bought it cheap earn much more only the last one in the chain who buy shares sometimes in distant future will pay it all.
You may disagree with me but under IPO and stocks I see only money which would never be paid back.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 15, 2013, 04:22:06 PM
WHat realsolid needs to do is drop crap coins like: mincoin, solidcoin, copperlark and worldcoin.  Then add coins which are more popular such as XPM, PPC, NVC and DGC. 
He said that new coins will be added at the next update. Most likely coins which BTC-e has too.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 15, 2013, 04:15:48 PM
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 15, 2013, 04:10:28 PM
Bitcoin deposits APRs are bugged atm. Will be fixed in the next patch. Anyway, I use it and I really trust RS. He seems like a really nice guy who chats a lot with his members.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
September 15, 2013, 04:08:44 PM
I like MCXnow exchange, I have pro trading account and I must say that trading is very fast and smooth.
However last changes seems to me a bit complicated. On one side I like them, it seems good but on the other side other exchanges do not offer things like shares/participating on exchanges fees and also that wierd interest.
What I am missing are other coins. Why MCX added only XPM in July and nothing from that time??
compare to Cryptsy, they added many new coins during last weeks.
 I suspect that MCXnow do not have many new users and they try to lure more new people, thats all.
Activity: 420
September 15, 2013, 03:40:32 PM
The interest model as a percentage of trading fees will probably become the de-facto standard since individuals need to somehow be compensated to take on the risk of having coins on an exchange in contrast to just having them sit in their own cold wallet and it needs to be done in a financially sustainable way.

This is ridiculous. The only reason to have coins on an exchange is to engage in trading. There is no comparison to be made to keeping coins in cold storage.

The questions really are, what is the incentive for the exchange to share its fees with "depositors," and does this actually increase the risk of keeping your coins there.

Plus, it will be interesting to see if this type of innovative model will eventually get applied to more traditional financial firms.

Deposits with traditional brokers are insured by the SIPC in the U.S.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Annuit cœptis humanae libertas
September 15, 2013, 12:35:55 PM
Better take care of that bug that says 2000+ apr, because it reminds people of the pirate days. That's what turned me off.

That's kind of what that reminded me of too, even though I wasn't holding/using bitcoin at the time Pirateat40 was scamming away (though I was well aware of it).

+tip peasant 50000 satoshi
Pages:
Jump to: