Pages:
Author

Topic: MCXNow Shutting down (Temporary) - page 10. (Read 23909 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
November 28, 2013, 05:03:33 AM
I personally think this shouldn't be stickied at all. I think it belongs in scams section.

When did we ever sticky a BTC-e thread? Never to my recollection, this should be no different. I.e. keep the standard the same for all.

People put coins into an exchange it isnt the forum (here) who should be responsible for their negligence of their coins and where they store them.

People need to start doing their due diligence before sending coins to an exchange or merchant (including purchasing coins from myself). It is the smart thing to do.

@Salty, I think stickying this thread only gives mcxnow.com more attention than it needs (i.e. more advertising for RS).

Clearly he doesnt think his share holders are important or else he would not be closing up shop like this. It is blatantly obvious.

No, the sticky says get your coins out before it gets shut down. The intent of the post wasn't to call RS innocent or a scammer, MCXNow is/was a large exchange that handled a lot of Alt Currency trade. If people had coins on there, and just were letting them sit for the interest, they might not be aware of the shut down, and that if they don't withdraw their coins within a month, they will either have them stuck there or gone, depending on the whole outcome.

As for advertising, I'm not worried about people seeing the Shutting down notice and thinking to themselves, "Now would be a good time to try out this exchange that I saw advertised"

I guess I was coming from the question:

Is it your responsibility to warn people of this by stickying a thread?

I disagree as it is the individual investors' responsibility and risk.

I still stand by my comment, I think the thread is unrelated to this forum. Perhaps better put into service discussion?
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
November 28, 2013, 02:37:14 AM
I'm personally disappointed that he TOOK feeshares in at .4 and then allowed them to be sold at a substantial loss during his 3 month downtime.

People have lost money to him and I personally will never trust him again.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
November 28, 2013, 01:44:37 AM
I personally think this shouldn't be stickied at all. I think it belongs in scams section.

When did we ever sticky a BTC-e thread? Never to my recollection, this should be no different. I.e. keep the standard the same for all.

People put coins into an exchange it isnt the forum (here) who should be responsible for their negligence of their coins and where they store them.

People need to start doing their due diligence before sending coins to an exchange or merchant (including purchasing coins from myself). It is the smart thing to do.

@Salty, I think stickying this thread only gives mcxnow.com more attention than it needs (i.e. more advertising for RS).

Clearly he doesnt think his share holders are important or else he would not be closing up shop like this. It is blatantly obvious.

No, the sticky says get your coins out before it gets shut down. The intent of the post wasn't to call RS innocent or a scammer, MCXNow is/was a large exchange that handled a lot of Alt Currency trade. If people had coins on there, and just were letting them sit for the interest, they might not be aware of the shut down, and that if they don't withdraw their coins within a month, they will either have them stuck there or gone, depending on the whole outcome.

As for advertising, I'm not worried about people seeing the Shutting down notice and thinking to themselves, "Now would be a good time to try out this exchange that I saw advertised"
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
November 27, 2013, 07:41:27 PM
I might as well pile in. I saw something like this coming a mile away and wanted nothing to do with him and anything he touches.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
November 27, 2013, 07:37:24 PM
realsolid: @fasttrack only people who love me win, thats also part of the rules

Well there you go. Not enough love. Cheesy
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
November 27, 2013, 07:14:04 PM
RS business plan:

1. Issue shares.

2. Shut down the site causing the shares to loose their value.

3. Buy back the shares for a fraction of the price.

4. $14 million Profit

I have the feeling this guy is going to spend some time in court in the not too distant future, might not have too much time left to work on v3, let alone run it for the long term.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
November 27, 2013, 06:19:02 PM
Best quote from rs that I just saw in chat:

realsolid: I CAN SHUT IT DOWN ANY MOMENT, if you didnt realize this youre a fucking idiot

Who will ever make deposits with this clown ever again? Look at his attitude.

This. I saw it in real time on the trollbox also.
erk
Activity: 826
November 27, 2013, 05:28:26 PM
This tastes bad. He raised millions when he knew he would be shutting the site down because he couldn't handle the support. How is that ethical?

Feel sorry for investors.
I don't think it's ethical at all, that's why so many people are screaming. The guy lacks any hint of empathy and remorse, he bans or abuses all that question or complain in chat. The only ethical reason I can think of, to shutdown an exchange without warning, was if you found a massive security hole that put customers funds at risk, and that's not what he claimed in the shutdown announcement.

According to RS and his groupies, this thread and the others like it are just smear campaigns, no truth in them, classic denial syndrome.

I think RS wants to start a village in Tasmaina called Microtown, where they can all hang out together.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
November 27, 2013, 05:23:30 PM
This tastes bad. He raised millions when he knew he would be shutting the site down because he couldn't handle the support. How is that ethical?

Feel sorry for investors.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
November 27, 2013, 04:38:10 PM

Activity: 363
Merit: 250
November 27, 2013, 02:59:33 PM
Well this sucks, imo this was by far the best exchange for trading alt-coins.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 27, 2013, 02:57:30 PM
He'll be back - he owns 57,000 shares of Fees, which are worthless without the site being up....
You do realize that he didn't really have to pay for them? That he's a millionnaire already?
He got enough millions from the sales that already happened.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins
November 27, 2013, 12:50:40 PM
It's sad really. This all could have been avoided if he dropped his ego and asked for help.

+1 to Salty on always keeping a clear head, I don't know how you do it.
Activity: 336
November 27, 2013, 12:43:07 PM
I think the reason he crashed the price on purpose was so he could re-pump and re-dump the shares again. I mean he made probably 8- 10 million even with buying back his shares. By buying back his shares it also gives him cover that this isn't a scam. Him and his minions are constantly saying in the troll box that anyone who thinks it is a scam is an idiot because he could just cut and run with the money, but instead is buying back his shares. But he wouldn't even buy them back at .2 which was the going price before he halted trading. When he released the shares at .4 he halted trading on fess so they wouldn't go down then when he shuts down the exchange killing the value of owning fees he lets fees trade down to next to nothing. Funny how that works. Funny how every move RS makes is good for RS and screws over almost everyone else?

If he ran the business legit it would take him years and years to make that kind of money. Probably never since it is apparent that he was creating false volume and pay bans to give the company the appearance of having massively growing profits.

RS is so arrogant and cocky at this point that he isn't even laying low. He is so sure he has hidden his true identity that he is getting his flock ready for another shearing.

Once he has as many shares as he feels he can get he will re-open the exchange, make the dividends appear to be super juicy whether real or just another manipulation and then sell you his fees again at an inflated price.

All these RS nut huggers are either too stupid and in denial to see they have been and will continue to be conned or they don't care it is a scam as long as they think they can profit from it.

Don't buy for a second that RS is stupid, everything he says is a cold calculation. That is what sociopaths/psychopaths do, lie and manipulate.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
November 27, 2013, 12:12:41 PM
He'll be back - he owns 57,000 shares of Fees, which are worthless without the site being up....
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
November 27, 2013, 09:35:28 AM
He may return but I think the customer base will be very wary of returning.
MCX was doing lots of trade, but in retrospect, it looks like he was pumping his own coins and scamming with the Fees
Activity: 784
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
November 27, 2013, 09:31:37 AM
I think he will actually return and sell his shares again at a high price. Then he will laugh at his customers and say how stupid they are.

I tend to agree.  I think he will return and make a killing on the shares.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
November 27, 2013, 09:27:34 AM
I think he will actually return and sell his shares again at a high price. Then he will laugh at his customers and say how stupid they are.
Activity: 622
November 27, 2013, 08:48:07 AM
For what its worth, I had an XPM withdrawal that got stuck.  I feared the worst after reading this thread but he responded to my email and pushed the transaction through.  All funds withdrawn.  No complaints here.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
November 27, 2013, 02:53:49 AM
Stare into the face of evil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOY7LmwLAEM

BTW, another connection between RealSolid and the name Ken:

Pretty sure thats not him. He actually had a lot of public info on the old SolidCoin forum, including his picture as his profile pic. I don't know why, but pretty sure the face in the video isn't what I remember. He was thin and kind of scruffy iirc.
Pages:
Jump to: