Pages:
Author

Topic: Me panicing because of a Core crash. Now I have to redownload the chain. Lame. - page 2. (Read 3731 times)

staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
Error?  How?  Did blockchain.info rewrite the blockchain logs to backdate and steal?  HOW?
They can't do that.

I am fairly certain that the addresses where the Bitcoin went are change addresses. They are still your address. Bitcoin Core will send your extra Bitcoin to another address that you control so it follows the principle of one input one output for each address.

Now my transactions say "conflicted", but my blockchain is not finished downloading and will not be for many days.
Let it download. Bitcoin Core was confused (don't know why) about your transactions. Let it redownload and reindex the blockchain. All of your Bitcoin will still be there and still be spendable. Don't panic.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520
No I dont escrow anymore.
FUCK!!!

I know its a lot of coins, but its easier to help you if you are calm.

-snip-
And why the heck does it need to redownload the blockchain when it still has 46.8GB of blocks?

It does not. I assume that your local database got corrupted. This happens when the client does not shut down properly, e.g. due to a crash. Its rescanning the local data to rebuild its database of TX that are interesting to you because they correspond to your addresses.

This is stupid that the BTC Core crashes so easy then requires a full re-download!  Seriously?
Whose dumb idea was that?

If you want to find a reason for the crash consult the debug.log file. I dont know why it "crases so easy" for you. Im running bitcoin core for over a year on several different systems and machines and the only time I had the problem you describe was when we had a power outage.

I am freaking out because blockchain.info has ALWAYS shown my balance just fine, until now.

As Newar said blockchain.info can only show you how much coins have been received on a given address. Your balance is more than that.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
Both "conflicted" tx are confirmed on www.blocktrail.com.

When you use one receiving address* and then make a tx from Bitcoin Core it will look like some of the coins go to unknown addresses. Read about "change": https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Change

It sounds like you need to wait for the DB to rebuild and rescan. Please report back when it's done.

*(for future reference, it's better practice to not use the same address over and over again)
Activity: 570
Merit: 504
FUCK!!!
OK, I have ***+ BTC.  
On 7-22 I spent 0.********** on Purse.io  Transaction accepted and completed on record, goods delivered.

Date: 7/22/15 05:**
To: 16aWEopdE*******************
Debit: -0.***** BTC
Transaction fee: -0.00001908 BTC
Net amount: -0.**** BTC
Transaction ID: *******************

On 7-20 I spent 0.************* BTC ALSO on Purse.io Transaction accepted and completed on record, goods delivered.
Date: 7/20/15 13:56
To: 16aWEo*****************
Debit: -0.********* BTC
Transaction fee: -0.00004079 BTC
Net amount: -0.********* BTC
Transaction ID: a3e523d1*********************

Today I open Bitcoin Core 10.2 and it takes a long time, then says ERROR, and crashed.
I open again.  Blockchain data fucked, must redownload everything.
Error?  How?  Did blockchain.info rewrite the blockchain logs to backdate and steal?  HOW?

Because I go to blockchain.info to check my only known account, sometimes I use blockchain.info only to look at my account balance by searching my BTC receiving address.  Is this address a secret??

Suddenly my account is $0.00!!!!!!!
It says all my money was sent to another account on 2015-07-18!!
Then another, then another, then another... etc  and then parked at a new wallet that is unknown to me.

HOW?  How could I be broke on the 18th, when I made transactions on the 20th and 22nd?
My money was still mine and I was still using it to buy stuff on purse.io on the 20th and 22nd.
According to Blockchain.info I have been at ZERO since the 18th!!

Now my transactions say "conflicted", but my blockchain is not finished downloading and will not be for many days.

I spent the money on Purse, received the goods, and paid.

Did someone rewire the logs to make it say I went broke on the 18th and just make the 20th and 22nd transactions conflict?
WTF is going on?
Or does the blockchain just randomly reassign me new wallet addresses and I will see this after the blockchain updates?
How the fuck?
And why the heck does it need to redownload the blockchain when it still has 46.8GB of blocks?
This is stupid that the BTC Core crashes so easy then requires a full re-download!  Seriously?
Whose dumb idea was that?

I am freaking out because blockchain.info has ALWAYS shown my balance just fine, until now.
Pages:
Jump to: