Pages:
Author

Topic: Meanwhile in lower Manhattan..... - page 3. (Read 11780 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
October 04, 2012, 12:06:03 AM

Yankee, what exactly was the point of posting this picture?
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
October 03, 2012, 11:45:57 PM
My BIN database shows:

Card Brand: MASTERCARD
Issuing Bank: HSBC BANK MALAYSIA BERHAD
Card Type (Credit/Debit):
Card Level:
ISO Country Name: MALAYSIA
ISO Country A2 Code: MY
ISO Country A3 Code: MYS
ISO Country Number: 458
Bank Website: http://HTTP://WWW.HSBC.COM.MY/
Bank Phone: 1300 88 0181
I think the photo is just a mockup, not a real number. I did the same thing. lol
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
October 03, 2012, 10:21:38 PM
My BIN database shows:

Issuing Bank: HSBC BANK MALAYSIA BERHAD
Card Type (Credit/Debit):
Card Level:
ISO Country Name: MALAYSIA
ISO Country A2 Code: MY
ISO Country A3 Code: MYS
ISO Country Number: 458
Bank Website: http://HTTP://WWW.HSBC.COM.MY/
Bank Phone: 1300 88 0181
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
October 03, 2012, 09:49:44 PM
Sweet!
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
October 03, 2012, 09:46:44 PM
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
October 03, 2012, 09:27:27 PM
Mistrust, but verify.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
October 03, 2012, 09:19:06 PM

So when BFL releases some preliminary product renders and folks cry "fraud" you jump on their bandwagon and assert that when the crowd shouts "fraud" the burden of proof is on the manufacturer: "Prove to us you're NOT a fraud!"

Then when BitInstant releases a preliminary product pic and folks cry "fraud" your immediate response is "nono, that's not ok you guys, those making the claims of fraud bear the burden of proof, anything else would be fallacious!"

he's got you dead to rights there mucus
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
October 03, 2012, 09:11:21 PM
I would imagine the major difference is that bitinstant isn't run by a convicted fraudster and hasn't collected millions of dollars in pre-orders...

And now that we've begun repeating ourselves, I remember what futility it is to feed the trolls and return you to your regularly scheduled BitInstant MasterCard thread.

Sorry for the derailment, moving on with life.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
October 03, 2012, 09:09:33 PM
You bite your fingernails, can't light a photo, and have a print out of a non working credit card.  What's the announcement?   Roll Eyes

LOL this ^
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
October 03, 2012, 09:08:51 PM
More vaporware from the BitInstant boys ... that is clearly a printout of a design, not a real card.

That's a bold claim, do you have any incises to give that credability?

In the mean time I call bullshit. It's real unless you can point out what's wrong with it.  

I point gnomes and fairies are real until you can disprove me, you've seen the pictures online right .... flawless logic there Smiley

So do you accuse bitinstant of fabricating the photo? Then I suggest you get at it since the burnden of proof lies on you.

Mind you I am not claiming that this picture is absolute proof of the existence of the card but that it suggests it is valid more than your simple claim that it is not. You are engaging in the typical prove me wrong fallacious reasoning. Nobody will take you serious until you back up your accusations with something.

Waitwaitwait...

So when BFL releases some preliminary product renders and folks cry "fraud" you jump on their bandwagon and assert that when the crowd shouts "fraud" the burden of proof is on the manufacturer: "Prove to us you're NOT a fraud!"

Then when BitInstant releases a preliminary product pic and folks cry "fraud" your immediate response is "nono, that's not ok you guys, those making the claims of fraud bear the burden of proof, anything else would be fallacious!"

Inconsistent reasoning is inconsistent.

But seriously...

OMGZ BITINSTANT CARD!
I would imagine the major difference is that bitinstant isn't run by a convicted fraudster and hasn't collected millions of dollars in pre-orders...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
October 03, 2012, 09:03:12 PM

No it's not the difference is no history of fraud and a sound business model.

I'm not saying that I am certain it will happen or this is really a sample card of the real thing. (the picture was posted without comment) What I can confidently say is that bitinstant is more transparent than BFL in their proceedings and I consider them more trustworthy.
It could turn out to be publicity stunt of some sort, at the worst. But until is see some indication that it is I maintain that it is a genuine product.

Reasoning: No preorder requirement no special commitment required no direct profit to gain from the company if it doesn't happen. Even if the product trurns out to hit a roadblock I think there is a genuine effort taken to bring it out.
October 03, 2012, 09:03:02 PM
Code:
Bin: 541275
Issuing Bank: HSCB BERMUDA (THE BANK OF BERMUDA LIMITED)
Card Type:
Card Level:
Iso Country Name: BERMUDA
Iso Country A2: BM
Iso Country A3: BMU
Iso Country Number: 060
Bank's website: www.bocfr.com
According to https://www.bindb.com
Edit: I'm not sure how accurate this is, the website points to bank of china in paris  Huh
Wikipedia supports that this # is associated with an HSBC MasterCard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Issuer_Identification_Numbers

Its a made up number for promotional cards in marketing material. It was a joke. Cheesy

+1000 - when I worked at Verifone all our MasterCard "test cards" that had to have a valid BIN and checksum digit - but didn't actually exist or carry balances - were 5472 75XX XXXX XXXX numbers.

Plus, y'know the part where the rest of the card is 6789 012345 and the bit where they were willing to post the whole number on a random forum should've been a big big hint that it's a mockup.

Still, good mockup and glad to see progress!
Activity: 966
Merit: 311
October 03, 2012, 08:54:42 PM
Code:
Card Type:
Card Level:
Edit: I'm not sure how accurate this is, the website points to bank of china in paris  Huh

Its a made up number for promotional cards in marketing material. It was a joke. Cheesy
October 03, 2012, 08:51:50 PM
More vaporware from the BitInstant boys ... that is clearly a printout of a design, not a real card.

In the mean time I call bullshit. It's real unless you can point out what's wrong with it.  

I point gnomes and fairies are real until you can disprove me, you've seen the pictures online right .... flawless logic there Smiley

So do you accuse bitinstant of fabricating the photo? Then I suggest you get at it since the burnden of proof lies on you.

Mind you I am not claiming that this picture is absolute proof of the existence of the card but that it suggests it is valid more than your simple claim that it is not. You are engaging in the typical prove me wrong fallacious reasoning. Nobody will take you serious until you back up your accusations with something.

Waitwaitwait...

But seriously...

OMGZ BITINSTANT CARD!
legendary
October 03, 2012, 08:43:34 PM

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
October 03, 2012, 08:43:19 PM
Charlie, Are we allowed to post which bank owns that BIN/IIN, the first six digits of the card number? Wink

Why not? You can find it in 30s with Mr. Google.

Really? Who is it then? Wink
Code:
Card Type:
Card Level:
Edit: I'm not sure how accurate this is, the website points to bank of china in paris  Huh
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
October 03, 2012, 08:36:01 PM

i think i can smell the honey from here ... honey wheat beer is it?

... name, address, occupation, SSN , health-card, TBF rego, all rolled into one usuable bitcoin address ... tatto it onto your inner wrist and you're all good to go.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
October 03, 2012, 08:32:13 PM

legendary
October 03, 2012, 08:30:46 PM

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
October 03, 2012, 08:28:07 PM
More vaporware from the BitInstant boys ... that is clearly a printout of a design, not a real card. They have been promising the "first bitcoin card" since July, while in reality, other services had loadable cards that you could load with bitcoins (or MtGox vouchers) years before them...

Kudos to their marketing department though! They know how to stir a fuzz with not much and spin some facts!
Pages:
Jump to: