Pages:
Author

Topic: Membergroups; or: Why do some users get colored coins under their names? - page 2. (Read 22992 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Good Explanation.

At USD 100 now for 1 BTC, we still need to donate 50 BTC for VIP?

Yes.

Truly, you need not donate anything.  The forum has 4,000+ BTC distributed among trusted members for 'safe-keeping'.   I have yet to see a single satoshi spent to improve the forum, so I see absolutely no reason to donate to the forum.

Donate to the EFF, at least they're doing something for our platform.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
Good Explanation.

Yes.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Good Explanation.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Activity: 6
Good info! Very useful for every Newbie member!
Activity: 196
Gosh that is a lot of BTC to become a VIP!
ks1
Activity: 5
Activity: 12
Activity: 41
Certainly helpful for us newcomers  Grin
Activity: 5
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
Thanks for the info. Nowadays it's really expensive to get Donator and VIP, in $ terms  Cry
Activity: 25
Activity: 14
Good description thanks,
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
how come I have 102 posts but still says jr member?
nvm. just took a few minutes to update.

Great, now you can get junior members to polish your shoes!  Grin
Activity: 140
how come I have 102 posts but still says jr member?
nvm. just took a few minutes to update.
Activity: 11
Now I know... and knowing is half the battle...
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

I figured it would be extremely unlikely that anyone would ever show the 5 platinum coins.

The one person (if it is one person) who is eligible is least likely to show up and claim the coins.

This, of course, creates the challenge of how to turn away the impostors will still recognizing someone who quite likely won't make the claim.

So....

Does anyone keep track of movement in the first coin blocks?  Has there been any mapping effort to locate blocks that likely are held by original members and see if they are stagnant or in circulation?

The fact that the block chain contains every transaction ever done should make it possible to identify if Satoshi (and members of his generation) have spent their coins or are sitting on them.  Both answers have interesting implications to the market as a whole.

Very interesting questions. Haven't come across anything like this being asked/considered in any other of my readings to date. Answers would provide some food for more thought.

Activity: 42
Thanks for this explanation.
Activity: 126

I figured it would be extremely unlikely that anyone would ever show the 5 platinum coins.

The one person (if it is one person) who is eligible is least likely to show up and claim the coins.

This, of course, creates the challenge of how to turn away the impostors will still recognizing someone who quite likely won't make the claim.

So....

Does anyone keep track of movement in the first coin blocks?  Has there been any mapping effort to locate blocks that likely are held by original members and see if they are stagnant or in circulation?

The fact that the block chain contains every transaction ever done should make it possible to identify if Satoshi (and members of his generation) have spent their coins or are sitting on them.  Both answers have interesting implications to the market as a whole.
Activity: 533
Merit: 500
^Bitcoin Library of Congress.
What would be acceptable proof that I am Satoshi?

To prove your Satoshi, you don't tell people your Satoshi.   Wink

Jokes aside if you moved some coins which 'you' mined really early on, then that would be decent proof your satoshi.
Pages:
Jump to: